Statue:Popcultureshock 1/4 Karl Urban Judge Dredd

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*Jerry said the Q1-2018 is a mistake (but realistically that might end up being the case). The current shipping estimate is this summer

" Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
thats a mistake on that page (dredd) will have it revised. Dredd is shipping in summer"

3rd Qtr 2017 is the listed shipping date now. So as soon as six weeks if we're lucky ;)

Found this on Instagram..

bgQRael.jpg

As we didn't received any official response on here, I messaged customer services. Received a promising answer also...

"I double checked with Jerry and he did say these changes were made. They’re a real improvement. :)"

Anybody got anything to share yet? There's pictures of the comic version over on SF, it looks good! Looking forward to seeing the movie version..

Mine came today. Just finished unboxing and setting it up. My first impression is that i like it but am a little underwhelmed by it. Usually when i get a new statue or figure it usually becomes my favorite for a while. Just the whole excitement of it being new and all that usually makes it jump to the front of everything for me. I just didn't get that from this one. Don't get me wrong i still like it but just something about it doesn't just jump out and wow me. It could be the long wait made me lose my excitement. The base is also very underwhelming for me. And the two portraits are also very similar to me to the point where i can barely really see the difference. I know there is a difference but to me it's very subtle.
I also found the packaging to be not very secure and in fact a small piece of mine came broken off. It's one of the attachments on the back of his belt that came broken off. I'm going to contact PCS but i'm not going to do any sort of return or anything. It's in the back and the way it is broken off it's actually kind of hard to tell that something is broken unless you know. It actually took me some time to figure out where the broken piece in the box came from. But it should not have broken and i can see from the way it was packaged that i'm lucky that this was the only damage. This is my first PCS piece and the packaging on this one has me a little worried for my other stuff on order from them that is more complex and has more of what i think are fragile pieces. I've gotten statues from other companies like Prime 1 and sideshow and iron studios and those statues were much better and securely packed.
I probably sound a little negative on this one but i'm not sorry i got it since I'm a big Dredd fan and this will probably be the only Dredd statue we ever see. And if by some chance they did put out another one like an Anderson or even an Apocalypse war version of Dredd like the sixth scale figure coming out i would still get it even with my somewhat dissapointment in this one.
here are some quick pics i took. I'll take some better ones when i set him up in his actauly spot instead of the temp spot he is in now.

IMG_20171014_163030 by zuko1312, on Flickr

IMG_20171014_163035 by zuko1312, on Flickr

IMG_20171014_163040 by zuko1312, on Flickr

IMG_20171014_163045 by zuko1312, on Flickr

IMG_20171014_163050 by zuko1312, on Flickr

IMG_20171014_163056 by zuko1312, on Flickr

IMG_20171014_163103 by zuko1312, on Flickr

IMG_20171014_163111 by zuko1312, on Flickr

IMG_20171014_163125 by zuko1312, on Flickr

IMG_20171014_163134 by zuko1312, on Flickr

IMG_20171014_163139 by zuko1312, on Flickr

This is where the piece broke of off
IMG_20171014_163152 by zuko1312, on Flickr

This is the piece that broke
IMG_20171014_163912 by zuko1312, on Flickr

I just noticed a small scratch/chip in the paint in the bottom left corner of his badge. I'll probably try to fill it in since it's all black it should be pretty easy to cover but still does not make me happy or give me confidence in the other statues i have on order form them. Not a very good first impression that they made on me.

All of the damage i worrying. Judging on those pictures, it doesn't look any better or worse than the average human PF however. And that's pretty much what I expected. I'm still excited for mine to arrive, but more cautiously so...

I'll admit that doesn't look great. Not saying it's bad or anything, I just expected more. Makes me concerned about what type of paint apps Rambo will have.

Pics by Hellboy, over at SF:

fullsizeoutput_27b0.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_27b1.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_27b2.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_27b3.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_27b4.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_27b5.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_27b6.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_27b7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_27b8.jpeg

You guys were in such a tizzy a had to get some pics up to bring you all back down. Trust me, this piece is everything you’d want it to be as a Dredd fan. I don’t have any complaints. Shipping damage happens. As stated all that matters is they take care of you when it occurs. No he’s not as flashy as other statues so the WOW factor may not be as apparent as it is in other pieces but that’s the character. This is an excellent representation.

Yeah, it looks so much better in HB's images, I hope mine turns up tomorrow as I'm off work. I still have no idea if it's even shipped however despite PCS saying they have all been sent. I've had ZERO communication from them.

Back