Statue/Collectible/Prop of the Year 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brainiac

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey Freaks :wave

So after what many referred to as the worst year ever, it's not surprising that a lot of people would just rather forget it, but there are positives too, we get to look back on all the great collectibles, props and statues from 2016.

I'll keep track of the votes here and post updates as well as keep track of honorable mentions

Cast your vote :)

To cast your vote for top action figure of 2016 see here : Figure of the Year 2016

Voting ends January 31st

Alex for Toys&Stuff :wave
Instagram: @toyssandstuff
Tumblr: toysandstuff.tumblr.com

Need a signature? Call 1800-GETTINSIGGYWITHIT or just PM me

Last edited:
I would say Deathstroke from Prime 1. With its pose, two heads and multiple arms, hands and weapons. Great detail and paint job.

Well, I believe the Delorean came out 2016? Thats my vote..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For me, its Death Dealer on a horse by ARH. Its huge, imposing, and just plain mean. Definitely an attention stealer on any shelf.

XM Ghost Rider still pending, so I'll go with Sideshows latest Spider-Man PF, red & blue. Waited a long time and for me it turned out fantastic.

Right after that would be Wetas Uruk-hai Swordsman.

I'd go with Prime 1 Deathstroke as most impressive although if seems to have the most qc problems for a Prime 1 statue. Spider-Man pf had qc issues as well.

One that also did very well from a company never expected.... Peter Venkman from Ghostbusters made by Hollywood Collectibles Group.
And maybe the Darth Vader PF from SS.

'Worst year ever'? I think SS upped their game in '16.

attachment-10.jpg

'Worst year ever'? I think SS upped their game in '16.

Not sure about that, bad Alien/Pred/Term pieces, bailed on LOTR lines, lots of 1/5 fail scale pieces, and much higher prices for everything....plus many Sonja arms that have fall off that very statue from poor manufacturing. Could have been worse, but not giving them any gold stars either.

When I think back to to the likes of Apocalypse & Big Chap LSB this year seems good.

I was thinking more about Q.C and you're mentioning pieces that were revealed in '16, and prices.Totally agree that the art direction last year was very questionable, especially the Endo leg positioning, and pricing has been ridiculous.

My vote goes to the Tweeterhead Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman statue and HMO Beastly Beauties Medusa bust.

Unless you've seen in-person every statue released in 2016 this question is moot. The question should be, "Best promo photos of a statue released in 2016". :lol

Back