Star Wars Weekends at Walt Disney World

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naptownsithlord

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hadn't seen anyone chating about this event and thought i would start a discussion. I will be attending next weekend on the 6th when David Prowse abd Jeremy Bullock will be there. Anyone else attending?

i can't believe how many commercials i see in California for this... i was stoked thinking it was local only to find out it was "world" instead of "land".

I'm going on the 13th; it’s going to be my first time. My wife is pretty excited to, she haven’t had a good laugh in a while. She is going to love to look at all the geeks dressed up who probably still play with dollies. Well, she can laugh all she wants as long as I still can play with my dollies I'll let her live.

One of these years I'm gonna go to a SW Weekend at Disneyworld.

Someday...:monkey2

Sorry to inform you but i think this is the last year for SWW this has been about the rumor mill and i can't confirm it but let's hope not.
And any of you attending for the first time make sure you get there at least an hour before the park opens so you can see the whole Disney character with SW character skit, very cool.

^^^amen to that . i'd recommend that as well if you are really planning on getting autographs. i almost missed out on ray park two years ago because i was running late on the way out there.
~~i was unaware that rumors of this being the last year or else i would've made a point to get out there this year.

Aww man, this is where living this side of the pond lets me down!

Post some pics to make me even more jealous!

Sorry to inform you but i think this is the last year for SWW this has been about the rumor mill and i can't confirm it but let's hope not.
And any of you attending for the first time make sure you get there at least an hour before the park opens so you can see the whole Disney character with SW character skit, very cool.

That sucks. :( :mad: I hope that's just a rumor.

I would think that if SWW is making the Mouse money it would continue for as long as possible.

Last edited:
I just got back from Orlando earlier today. I had a good time going to the panel with Peter Mayhew and Matthew Wood yesterday. Right now I'm still kicking myself for not picking up the Mickey as Luke with Yoda "big figure".

That sucks. :( :mad: I hope that's just a rumor.

I would think that if SWW is making the Mouse money it would continue for as long as possible.

yeah i'm not so sure about that information. every time i go there's a LOT of people there and there's an overall great acceptance from the crowd. i can't see Disney canceling this when its been going strong for this many years.

Yeah, I went the first weekend this year and FINALLY met Ray Park. Super cool and nice guy, very down to earth..... But like hairless wookie said, be SURE to get there at LEAST an hour before the park opens. I must say they handle the autograph lines MUCH better now. I remember going for the past 3 years and the autograph lines being a nightmare!!!

I don't believe the rumor though. How can this be the last year?!? It always draws a huge crowd.... Maybe cuz the employees dressed up as characters have had too many heat strokes?! :lol I always feel really bad for them, since it's SUPER hot and humid. Dressing up like that in the middle of Florida summer is just torture! I would reschedule this for maybe February?

I just got back from Orlando earlier today. I had a good time going to the panel with Peter Mayhew and Matthew Wood yesterday. Right now I'm still kicking myself for not picking up the Mickey as Luke with Yoda "big figure".

That would have been cool to have!

yeah i'm not so sure about that information. every time i go there's a LOT of people there and there's an overall great acceptance from the crowd. i can't see Disney canceling this when its been going strong for this many years.

From what I hear this is an event that families love, especially the parents who grew up with SW.

Yeah, I went the first weekend this year and FINALLY met Ray Park. Super cool and nice guy, very down to earth..... But like hairless wookie said, be SURE to get there at LEAST an hour before the park opens. I must say they handle the autograph lines MUCH better now. I remember going for the past 3 years and the autograph lines being a nightmare!!!

I don't believe the rumor though. How can this be the last year?!? It always draws a huge crowd.... Maybe cuz the employees dressed up as characters have had too many heat strokes?! :lol I always feel really bad for them, since it's SUPER hot and humid. Dressing up like that in the middle of Florida summer is just torture! I would reschedule this for maybe February?

Those costumes must be h^^^!

At Disneyland in California the "characters" are out on "stage" for about 20 minutes and "backstage" for 30 to 40 minutes during the summer time.

When I worked at DL I remember all these poles with Goofy, Donald, Pluto & Mickey heads placed on top...it was an errie scene. :lol

My girlfriend and I were at our first Star Wars Weekends on Friday May, 21 (30th Anniversary of Empire).
We had a great time!

Some pics:

100_0906.jpg

100_0916.jpg

100_0920.jpg

100_0918.jpg

100_0919.jpg

100_0924.jpg

100_1042.jpg

100_1065.jpg

100_1072.jpg

100_1059.jpg