Prop Star Wars Ultimate Studio Edition Prop Replicas - Prop Shop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars Ultimate Studio Edition Prop Replicas

Harsh? I'd say it's downright criminal. You could get some pretty nice props for just that shipping and tax.

See here below an EFX example of nice shipping too - to that $700 shipping cost you add 24% VAT (thus you pay VAT on the price of the helmet + the shipping cost) and customs, I could have bought a second Vader helmet on shipping and taxes alone:

eFX FedEx Vader Legend shipping quote.jpg

Welcome to the world of international collectors! Enjoy your stay and have fun. :wink1:

How is it $200 to ship a lightsaber hilt? The hell?

comes in a crate

Cool everyone thanks for the replies. Yes I agree the shipping is outrageous. Now I get to boil over it for 16 weeks.
Anyways I will post pics when this item arrives. And yea I get fired up sometimes. My Apologies and no hard feelings. Might have somthing to do with being at work for weeks on end and not going home. Not complaining about working that much because I am blessed to be able to have a great job and family that affords me this opportunity.
I'm at work right now wishing I could make it to Comic Con.

When I'm in a bad mood I visit this thread for laughs. $200 to ship a lightsaber in a giant wooden crate? Bahahahahaha.....:rotfl

comes in a crate

Which makes it even more absurd, I have to pay $200 for a crate I don't want and have no intention of displaying? This should be optional.

Apparently, the manufacturer is having a difficult time moving these.

Collectors are not happy with the big @$$ crates.

I just received this inside look at their 'Returns Department'...

Raiders-of-the-Lost-Ark.gif

Somebody on Twitter said he held the props at SDCC and said the Vader helmet was "light as a feather."

Somebody on Twitter said he held the props at SDCC and said the Vader helmet was "light as a feather."

Yeah you can sort of tell in the unboxing video on YouTube, when he is handling the helmet it really doesn't look like it weighs a lot.

600g, that's less than half the weight of a 13" MacBook Air.

Haha
Why is everyone worried about the weight ??? I don't plan on playing with my replica, I will display it. It's a visual prop like the one you watched in SWAFW. Thease are prop replicas " NOT REAL !!!
If your worried about weight get on a scale!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Haha
Why is everyone worried about the weight ??? I don't plan on playing with my replica, I will display it. It's a visual prop like the one you watched in SWAFW. Thease are prop replicas " NOT REAL !!!
If your worried about weight get on a scale!!!

For $30 at Kmart I wouldn't care but a $3000 prop replica should feel like its make out of something other than balsa wood. Of course opinions vary.

Last edited by a moderator:

It is a weird concept, that more weight somehow equates to higher quality.

Imagine all the complaints about the even higher shipping costs if these things all weighed 50 lbs, in addition to being shipped in the same giant crates.... :rolleyes2

They should feel like weapons. Feather weight prop weapons that don't feel like anything but plastic doesn't work. A blaster should feel heavy like a gun. Master Replicas knew what was up.

Ok your welcome !!!

Just a friendly bit of advice. If you want to get the most out of this board you might want to change your attitude a bit. you don't have to be buddy buddy with everyone but at the very least be cordial. Its ok to have different ideas and different opinions and its ok to state them but there is a nice way and a nasty way to do that and you seem to be more towards that nasty way. There are a lot of very knowledgeable and interesting people here so take the time to get to know them. Just tossing it out there... back to your regularly scheduled topic.

Are you single, Boboli? I am just asking.

Last edited:

They should feel like weapons. Feather weight prop weapons that don't feel like anything but plastic doesn't work. A blaster should feel heavy like a gun. Master Replicas knew what was up.

It depends. There are screen used resin blasters that are not too heavy. So if making an accurate replica, it should weight the same.

Back