1/6 Star Wars The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Ahsoka Tano & Grogu Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The lamp + custom glowing/flickering LED inside would make for a really cool display. That said I still also want the bridge base as a secondary display option.

Wonder if it would be possible to get that base from Toy Anxiety or something. What an annoying situation that Hot Toys could have avoided so easily. Per the usual though.
Part out costs on either of the bases is going to be harsh.
Yeah I'll definitely be adding an LED to that lamp. And will try lighting up the sabers as well, although not sure yet how well the light might travel though the blades, since they're not being made for that purpose...
I'll watch your career with interest haha. There's gonna be a 3D print market for the hilts since they're so unique. No one's going to want to tear them up for CFL blades.
I don't get this logic. You're not obligated to use the lights but at least its more functionality to the product. Its not like its any cheaper for lacking it. These are supposed to be premium products. But what are we paying for? Give us something.

This is a DX. It should be their maximum effort but they can't make a lantern light up? Its sole purpose is to provide light. Yet they can make Mando's KFC bucket light up. IG-11 gets a detonator. Even R2 has a little working lamp.
For what it's worth, I agree with Chris. In a perfect world, I'd have them do away with all the lights because, as they are, they're not practical to turn on and off. Now if they'd manage to integrate them in a different manner, or have remotes, then it'd be a different story. But in any case, if getting rid of them would lower cost I'd be all for it. But we know it wouldn't so...

Given that, I do think it's utter ****e that the lantern isn't led powered. That's a failure given the capacity of what the current standards.

Looks like the water extends out a bit too. See pic on left looking more from above.

I guess the dude with the little kids (who doesn't have the little kids in the videos any more) will have a Secret Base video showing the stand up later.

View attachment 511076

Dang kinda sucks that it's not also included with the more expensive grogu set. I actually like this stand better than the grogu set one. But I want Grogu and the lantern.
Disappointing.

I might not be opposed to losing the light-up features if it resulted in a reduction in price... but I don't like seeing them take things away and still RAISE the prices.

I don't get this logic. You're not obligated to use the lights but at least its more functionality to the product. Its not like its any cheaper for lacking it. These are supposed to be premium products. But what are we paying for? Give us something.

This is a DX. It should be their maximum effort but they can't make a lantern light up? Its sole purpose is to provide light. Yet they can make Mando's KFC bucket light up. IG-11 gets a detonator. Even R2 has a little working lamp.

I just don't see the point in them, they're not very good. The blades are dull and the batteries just die quickly. The arms are also a complete pain to swap. It just adds no value for me at all.

How does Timewalker work? Do they charge upon placing order and can I cancel at any time?

I suppose the lightsabers being narrower and slightly curved might be another reason they left out the lights. Much harder to work with than the others which are just a hollow tube.

Is this an existing Mando figure or new one?

173938317_10157957691692344_6607342540161203667_n.jpg

Haha, maybe...:D I order so many figures every year I thought it would make up for the handful I cancelled, but apparently not so much. Lol

What do they say if you cancel "too much?" I was just reviewing my orders with them and went "damn did I really preorder THREE Mando Tusken Raiders?" :lol

While I personally don't care to use light-up features, I do understand the complaint since features are removed yet prices continue to climb higher regardless

That right thigh plate is the answer you seek! Hope that one comes with the Beskar spear too.
It will. I think they've teased S2 Mando like 5 times now. Not sure what the hold up is. Maybe they're doing a sculpt?

151811754_10157841112592344_1858131512034232442_n.jpg

Back