Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personal violence is much worse in movies than genocide.

Not many kids get the significance of destroying the entire planet of Alderaan. But they immediately understand Luke getting just one hand chopped off.

Especially on this scale - I keep forgetting that the FO destroyed all those planets. It’s like it’s too big to take seriously.

It’s spazz if the pharoahs have returned....

giphy.gif

Personal violence is much worse in movies than genocide.

Not many kids get the significance of destroying the entire planet of Alderaan. But they immediately understand Luke getting just one hand chopped off.

Screams of terror/pain always make everything worse too. Part of what made Luke's hand so disturbing was him screaming at the top of his lungs when it happened. Hell as a kid even Porkins and the Gamorrean Guard that got eaten by the Rancor kind of shook me up simply because of the screams they let out when they died, lol.

Yep -- even the dialogue of "a million voices suddenly cried out in terror" isn't as scary as Han screaming while being tortured by Vader behind closed doors.

It has to be visceral.

Looks like he's back simply to make the same old speeches (once again stating wild guesses/assumptions as fact) and not actually discuss anything.

:lol :lol

What are you talking about? I've been having a perfectly civil conversation, analyzing whether or not TLJ promotes pacifism. I haven't made any wild guesses. There's a pattern within the dialogue and action of the film. I've also shown a number of other critics who enjoyed the film, that saw the same thing I did.

Your theories about my identity aside, I haven't made any wild guesses or assumptions. Sounds like you're attacking me because I'm challenging your perspective. Do you think that Luke was demonstrating that violence is futile, during his speech at the end of the movie? Was significance that Luke didn't wield violence to protect his friends? Do you think Luke changed his mind, and decided he's comfortable with the Jedi order by the end of the film? Or do you think he maintained his conviction that the Force should belong to everyone?

Seems to me, you're deflecting because you know you'd get owned, in defending this crap film. Did "Spaz" or "Spazz" own you, too? What I don't get, is why you're trolling when you disagree with people about a movie. Is Disney paying you, or are you actually like this as a person?

If a person is perceiving that any one can get “owned” or “own” someone else in a discussion about matters of opinion... I think there might be bigger issues at play on a personal level.

If a person is perceiving that any one can get “owned” or “own” someone else in a discussion about matters of opinion... I think there might be bigger issues at play on a personal level.

If someone enters a critical conversation with hostility, then ends up being proven wrong I think it's safe to say they got "owned". There's a ton of evidence to suggest TLJ is about pacifism. If you resort to name calling and tantrums, then try to explain yourself and fail post-tantrum, you got owned.

Wait... Did you just get PC on me, about "owning" someone? Hahahahahahahaha

If someone enters a critical conversation with hostility, then ends up being proven wrong I think it's safe to say they got "owned". There's a ton of evidence to suggest TLJ is about pacifism. If you resort to name calling and tantrums, then try to explain yourself and fail post-tantrum, you got owned.

Perhaps... who else is throwing tantrums? I have not noticed.

On topic, I agree Luke is a pacifist. I’m not sure I agree that pacifism is the central message of the film.

Perhaps... who else is throwing tantrums? I have not noticed.

On topic, I agree Luke is a pacifist. I’m not sure I agree that pacifism is the central message of the film.

My reason for thinking pacifism is the central message of the film, is that violence is repeatedly portrayed as futile from all sides. Every violent act in the film ends in futility, while the dialogue philosophizes about the nature of violent conflict as being futile. There are many examples, when you think about it.

Funny how Star Wars used to rank as a type 3 civilization amongst futurists like Michio Kaku, who considered the space opera's technology portrayal worthy of the highest hypotetical scale:

Then TLJ and its retarded ideas like "space fuel" happened. :slap

And yet Yoda incites to burn it all down.

Actually, Luke was going to burn down the library. Then, Yoda beat him too it and laughed, telling him it's time for him to look past a "pile of old books", and that the library didn't contain anything Rey didn't already possess. We later learned, Yoda likely knew Rey stole the books.

So the scene was, once again, about the futility of destructive behavior. Even Luke's arson: futile!

Actually, Luke was going to burn down the library. Then, Yoda beat him too it and laughed, telling him it's time for him to look past a "pile of old books", and that the library didn't contain anything Rey didn't already possess. We later learned, Yoda likely knew Rey stole the books.

So the scene was, once again, about the futility of destructive behavior. Even Luke's arson: futile!

Yoda knew Rey had already taken the scrolls.

Back