Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...but that's a booze bottle and booze is bad...so does that make TLJ bad?:chug

Umm... I think it's actually a 19th century poison bottle. What does that make TLJ?:monkey4

:lol

2347000_160211140809_W0068_(2).jpg

What's next? "Congratulations on taking the crown as the most expensive movie in history" (IW is $300m and TFA was $250m)?:slap

That looks like a fun toy kids can play with for hours, the TLJ thread would be just as much fun.

It looks... easily broken.:monkey3

So if this is the safe space for """""appreciation""""".... why not make a cry closet thread for those that hated it?

Don't forget to make a "People Who Feel Indifferent" thread.
All out segregation or nothing! :D

They should learn something with Marvel Studios. After 10 years still no superhero fatigue but after 3 years SW doesn’t feel special anymore.

They should learn something with Marvel Studios. After 10 years still no superhero fatigue but after 3 years SW doesn’t feel special anymore.

Big wide world out there...for everyone experiencing "fatigue" there are decades long Star Wars fans like myself who have never found their enthusiasm for all things Star Wars to be higher.

this vis is so true...especially the rant starts at 6:40.. salty for some specific maniacs/TLJ lovers here

I didn’t watch his videos but I can’t imagine any amount of editing will make this watchable for me. Unlike the PT where there’s lots that I liked a little that I didn’t and some that I hated that with an edit would make it more enjoyable, TLJ just isn’t redeemable for me. Maybe if it was down to like 5 minutes I’d watch it again but I’m hoping that I can go from TFA to EP9 and still enjoy the story without it.

Watch a few of them, it's surprising how much he has changed by simply editing music, moving scenes around, and removing more than a few. Although he is going further by adding new stuff such as a full on saber fight between Luke and Kylo, something I'm sure all of us dearly craved.

Good and insightful read...the one thing to consider when we think about whether TLJ Luke is the Luke that we know...and this goes for Hamill too...is do we really know Luke...? In fairness when you consider the time we spent with Luke 3 films spanning 1977-1983 in real time and in movie time it may be closer to just a year or two at most Luke would be like the equivalent of a close college roommate that you lived with for a few years when they were 19. If we did not have any contact with that person until we ran into them again in their mid sixties...would we truly expect to "know" them? Could we really make any assumptions about their character, motivations, priorities, or even personality for that matter based on having spent 3-4 years with them in their late teens early twenties? I am not old enough to have known anyone for thirty plus years but the people who I know right now in their early twenties have absolutely NOTHING in common with the ones I know in their mid sixties.

You actually LAUGHED when Luke threw the lightsaber? One of the stupidest things ever committed to film and you LAUGHED out loud at that??

Oh, and apparently there is an alternate take in the deleted scenes where the porg DOES activate the saber and kill the other porg.

Seriously though....you laughed at Luke tossing the most important artifact of his life over his shoulder like a slapstick sitcom dad? Cripes.

Good and insightful read...the one thing to consider when we think about whether TLJ Luke is the Luke that we know...and this goes for Hamill too...is do we really know Luke...?

I would suggest that Hamill likely knows the character of Luke Skywalker better than Rian Johnson does....

You actually LAUGHED when Luke threw the lightsaber? One of the stupidest things ever committed to film and you LAUGHED out loud at that??

Oh, and apparently there is an alternate take in the deleted scenes where the porg DOES activate the saber and kill the other porg.

Seriously though....you laughed at Luke tossing the most important artifact of his life over his shoulder like a slapstick sitcom dad? Cripes.

Just uploaded, might be more to your suiting.

Im in my 40’s so I aside from ANH I have seen every instalment “LIVE” as it was released in the theatres for the first time
OT is my childhood (it has a special place) - As an adult collector still interested in HT from this era
PT is my adulthood (20’s) - As an adult collector I collected the 3 3/4” scale some SS but now sold. Not doing HT
Disney Era – Just happy SW is still around and we are seeing other places in the universe, but viewing as a casual fan. I’m not taking seriously. Also not collecting anything from these movies.

RO needs to be watched multiple times to know its a masterpiece
TFA – brings back the flavour of the original (loved rey & kylo) could care about the rest
TLJ – very little I enjoyed

Solo – I have not seen any trailers or screen caps but feel good about this one an looking forward to it!!

Just uploaded, might be more to your suiting.

Better, but still retarded.

That's not just any lightsaber. That's his father's lightsaber. Obi Wan gave it to him. He wielded it for years believing it was passed down to him from his good and noble father that died tragically. He used it to save his own life against the wampa and the AT-AT and who knows what else between ANH and ESB.

And then on Bespin, he used it to fight the man that killed his father. And then that man mutilated him. His hand was severed, forever. The lightsaber was lost. And in that moment he learned that the man who did it, this hateful vengeful man.....was actually indeed his father.

That was the single most traumatic moment of his life, both physically and emotionally. And it was all tied to that lightsaber. The lightsaber that fell to the gas core of Bespin along with his severed hand, and incinerated. Or at least, it should have. In the old novels, it was retrieved from the bowels of Cloud City. In the new movies, there's no explanation for anything, cause they're too lazy to even bother with it cause they know audiences are too stupid to care. In the almost 5 hours of sequel movies they never even attempted to address how that lightsaber, the one that Anakin used to kill younglings and fight Obi Wan on Mustafar that eventually ended up in a trunk on Tattooine ever survived destruction on Bespin.

Rey touched the saber and she was instantly connected to its history.

Luke had much stronger bond to this object. It was probably the most significant item he ever owned in his life, and he thought it was lost forever, some 30 years before. Surely he felt a much stronger jolt of Force connection than Rey did the moment he touched it.

So why would he hand it back to her without saying a word?

WHY THE **** WOULD HE TOSS IT OVER HIS SHOULDER LIKE AN EMPTY BEER CAN?????

Back