Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A novel experiement may be two threads...a "TLJ Appreciation Thread" for folks who liked the film to share different views on it, it's subtext and whatever else and a "TLJ Hate" thread for folks who have things to get off their chest in this area. This would guarantee civility because someone like me, for example would have no reason to go into the hate thread...I know why people hate it, I get it and I have heard it. Some folks who liked it, however,have definitely offered some interesting insights that have enhanced my own enjoyment for the film. I can no more be talked into hating it than others can be talked into loving it so not sure there is much value to cross pollination here...

A novel experiement may be two threads...a "TLJ Appreciation Thread" for folks who liked the film to share different views on it, it's subtext and whatever else and a "TLJ Hate" thread for folks who have things to get off their chest in this area. This would guarantee civility because someone like me, for example would have no reason to go into the hate thread...I know why people hate it, I get it and I have heard it. Some folks who liked it, however,have definitely offered some interesting insights that have enhanced my own enjoyment for the film. I can no more be talked into hating it than others can be talked into loving it so not sure there is much value to cross pollination here...

I’m pretty sure this has been attempted before, to no avail :lol

i have LITERALLY.... L I T E R A L L Y suggested this a bunch of times when the hobbit movies came out, when batman v superman came out.... when force awakens came out.

And mods always tell me is a dumb idea (I think khev or ink said it was not productive) i remember other people saying that if you needed a safe space from different opinions that you need to get OUT of the forum and quit the internet.
other people made fun of the idea or called it trolling.

but I completely 100% agree with that idea, have different threads. report people that are breaking the rule of each thread. separate the lovers from the haters.

I’m pretty sure this has been attempted before, to no avail :lol

Ive suggested this at least 3 different movie releases, all 3 times were met with mocking even by the mods.
it is never been tried for real.

Ugh -- an Appreciation thread -- where like-minded individuals can live peacefully in their little bubble without confusion from a much bigger world outside.

It's like Participation Trophies for adults. Give me 'difference of opinions' every time.

Ugh -- an Appreciation thread -- where like-minded individuals can live peacefully in their little bubble without confusion from a much bigger world outside.

It's like Participation Trophies for adults. Give me 'difference of opinions' every time.

clearly the lovers of this movie cannot accept the haters.
the proof is in the pudding, it wasn't the haters that cried to get these threads closed. or to get people banned, or to delete posts, or to delete youtube videos.

So no, i disagree with you. people that love the movie definitely need the appreciation thread to be safe

I'm all for a "difference of opinions" but when that difference degrades into the online equivalent of Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck yelling "Duck Season!" ""Rabbit Season!" back and forth for an entire day...might be time to try something else...

I didn’t watch his videos but I can’t imagine any amount of editing will make this watchable for me. Unlike the PT where there’s lots that I liked a little that I didn’t and some that I hated that with an edit would make it more enjoyable, TLJ just isn’t redeemable for me. Maybe if it was down to like 5 minutes I’d watch it again but I’m hoping that I can go from TFA to EP9 and still enjoy the story without it.

clearly the lovers of this movie cannot accept the haters.
the proof is in the pudding, it wasn't the haters that cried to get these threads closed. or to get people banned, or to delete posts, or to delete youtube videos.

So no, i disagree with you. people that love the movie definitely need the appreciation thread to be safe

This. But there should be no safe space:devil

This. But there should be no safe space:devil

The constant warnings and constant bannings and constant closing of threads IS the safe space......

Look at all the posts that get deleted from vault boy. Thats literally making a safe space. We already do that in here

i have LITERALLY.... L I T E R A L L Y suggested this a bunch of times when the hobbit movies came out, when batman v superman came out.... when force awakens came out.

And mods always tell me is a dumb idea (I think khev or ink said it was not productive) i remember other people saying that if you needed a safe space from different opinions that you need to get OUT of the forum and quit the internet.
other people made fun of the idea or called it trolling.

but I completely 100% agree with that idea, have different threads. report people that are breaking the rule of each thread. separate the lovers from the haters.

Ive suggested this at least 3 different movie releases, all 3 times were met with mocking even by the mods.
it is never been tried for real.

Well, I LITERALLY made a thread for interest in collectible statues and 1/6 figures from video games back in the day and everyone including the owner of this site said it was a dumb idea that no one would be interested in.
Now there's an entire section of the forum devoted to video game collectibles. :lol
Shows the mob doesn't always have it right.

I didn’t watch his videos but I can’t imagine any amount of editing will make this watchable for me. Unlike the PT where there’s lots that I liked a little that I didn’t and some that I hated that with an edit would make it more enjoyable, TLJ just isn’t redeemable for me. Maybe if it was down to like 5 minutes I’d watch it again but I’m hoping that I can go from TFA to EP9 and still enjoy the story without it.

:goodpost: I agree. I've never ever watched one of those PT fan edit movies before as even the worst parts don't bother me enough to have them removed. Other than Harmy's OT of course, but that's not really a fan edit but a reconstruction of the original movies. But I would maybe watch this fan edit of TLJ when complete just to see if it is possible in some way to save this movie for me. But in order to remove all the bad, I'd expect it to have a run time of maybe 1/2 hour... The 1st Star Wars short rather than a movie. :lol If EP9 is ok, then this TLJ edit would be like a flashback between Ep7 & Ep9 to try to fill in the blanks.

:slap Who am I kidding, I don't know when or if I'll ever want to watch TLJ again. Maybe when I have grandchildren and my Son/Daughter asks me to watch all The Star Wars movies with them. But, Grandpa may be feeling a bit under the weather the night they choose to watch TLJ..... :drool

Well, I LITERALLY made a thread for interest in collectible statues and 1/6 figures from video games back in the day and everyone including the owner of this site said it was a dumb idea that no one would be interested in.
Now there's an entire section of the forum devoted to video game collectibles. :lol
Shows the mob doesn't always have it right.

if everyone doubted you and even the owner said it was a dumb idea

how did you make it happen then? what changed? what did you do to make them do it?

if everyone doubted you and even the owner said it was a dumb idea

how did you make it happen then? what changed? what did you do to make them do it?

I personally didn't do anything, Hot Toys started making Resident Evil figures and now there's a market for 1/6 video game figures.
I tried looking for the thread but it was before this site had a major server issue and a lot of the early threads were lost.

The best solution would be just to have everyone freely speak their minds, then have the thread "cleaned" at the end of each day to remove any negative comments - especially if the point is said more than once, or becomes a discussion, or is funny, or involves gifs.

We need to think about TLJ like the ship in this pic:

635830632555653501-65616530_9012537_orig.jpg

The best solution would be just to have everyone freely speak their minds, then have the thread "cleaned" at the end of each day to remove any negative comments - especially if the point is said more than once, or becomes a discussion, or is funny, or involves gifs.

:hi5::clap:clap:clap

That looks like a fun toy kids can play with for hours, the TLJ thread would be just as much fun.

Back