Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Though it was spectacular, need to see it again this week.

Great cast so much attention to detail to the creatures, and designs of everything. Best Ford performance in years, the space cowboy still no change in his ways.

Brilliant performance by Daisy actress superb interaction with everyone her character came across. Finn was great too I like oscars performance too.

So Han dead then......? No emotional fallout after he got run through? But it wasn't through his heart? And people did not recover his body? His son was not winging him in a way then? Was it a affect to the witnesses......?

I really have no issue with Luke, he saw what his ancestor was becoming and removed himself from the situation, if there was no one to train him how powerful could he become? Yoda went into hiding, Obi Wan went into hiding, all the while the empire grew stronger, I really don't see a problem with what Luke did, but I really don't have any personal ties to the character so they could do what the want with Luke and it'd never bother me.

I think Luke's situation is different from Yoda & Obi-Wan. The jedi just got wasted from Order 66. They had to go into hiding. Going into hiding appears to be Luke's choice. Again, I don't see him leaving his friends that he had so much history with because his multi-personality disordered nephew did horrible things. But again, we'll have to see how the story unfolds but atm the moments... its discouraging as a life long fan of the Luke character.

It's not just the good guys. How come the empire doesn't create an army of sith warriors? Here you have Kylo Ren, and a bunch of storm troopers, but why not have an army of Kylo Ren's? It was the same thing in the OT and in the prequels. The villains always have one or two apprentices and that's it...:dunno At least Luke tried teaching a bunch of students the force. In the OT the Emperor knew about the force, yet his own people doubt it the existence of the force and they made fun of it.

An army of Kylo Rens, huh? Wouldn't want to babysit them but... I'm with you buddy, could be very entertaining. Sign me up!

Tweeted by Frank Marshall (executive producer of Jurassic World) today:

CWxQhTKUAAArJ3T.jpg

An army of Sith in actuality wouldn't be particularly interesting. They would all be weakened to grunt level anyway so that the good guys would stand some sort of chance. Reminds me of Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 7 where Buffy faces off against some sort of super-vampire, barely manages to kill it. But then later when there's an army of this very same type of vampire suddenly everyone and his auntie is able to easily dispatch them. An army of Sith would be disposable in much the same way purely because the story would require it. Might aswell just have battle-droids or stormtroopers.

An army of Sith in actuality wouldn't be particularly interesting. They would all be weakened to grunt level anyway so that the good guys would stand some sort of chance. Reminds me of Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 7 where Buffy faces off against some sort of super-vampire, barely manages to kill it. But then later when there's an army of this very same type of vampire suddenly everyone and his auntie is able to easily dispatch them. An army of Sith would be disposable in much the same way purely because the story would require it. Might aswell just have battle-droids or stormtroopers.

Too each his own. I'd like to see them kick some ass one time though before, for the sake of the story, they go down.

I think Luke's situation is different from Yoda & Obi-Wan. The jedi just got wasted from Order 66. They had to go into hiding. Going into hiding appears to be Luke's choice. Again, I don't see him leaving his friends that he had so much history with because his multi-personality disordered nephew did horrible things. But again, we'll have to see how the story unfolds but atm the moments... its discouraging as a life long fan of the Luke character.

I can't lie, I understand how you're feeling. Personally for myself transformers is my Star Wars, Optimus Prime was my Luke, and what they've done to Transformers in the movies really sucks lol I watched Jeremy Jahns spoiler review of this and I agree with him that Luke felt to ashamed that he failed his best friends and allowed their son to travel down the dark side. Ren seems hell bent on killing Luke, but where Luke saw good in his father he truly sees no good left in Ren. I will actually debate that Luke has killed for his friends, he's taken down no bodies and the canon fodder, not to mention the death star from the first film but Luke is pure at heart at the end of ROTJ. He will not kill as he believes his father would never kill him, I don't believe Luke sees the same from Ren, there for Luke hides because he doesn't have it in him to kill Ren, and in the sense of self preservation he hide.

I can't lie, I understand how you're feeling. Personally for myself transformers is my Star Wars, Optimus Prime was my Luke, and what they've done to Transformers in the movies really sucks lol I watched Jeremy Jahns spoiler review of this and I agree with him that Luke felt to ashamed that he failed his best friends and allowed their son to travel down the dark side. Ren seems hell bent on killing Luke, but where Luke saw good in his father he truly sees no good left in Ren. I will actually debate that Luke has killed for his friends, he's taken down no bodies and the canon fodder, not to mention the death star from the first film but Luke is pure at heart at the end of ROTJ. He will not kill as he believes his father would never kill him, I don't believe Luke sees the same from Ren, there for Luke hides because he doesn't have it in him to kill Ren, and in the sense of self preservation he hide.

I think Luke should have bent him over his knee and force spanked him. : )

Well in that theory, Luke doesn't have it in him to kill Ren. He'll let Ren kill his friends. Luke doesn't have it in him to do what needs do be done. Luke=*****

I hate this conclusion.

Well with over half a billion dollars earned in three days I'm thinking Episode VIII should have a decent budget.

JW numbers but without the summer competition, we're coming for you Cameron!

My 10 year old just go back from seeing this with his grandparents (I could not take him) Boy was he pissed that a certain someone died in this film... Made it his least fav Star Wars film... He was really bothered... Wish it effected me the same way :lol

Back