Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 10 year old just go back from seeing this with his grandparents (I could not take him) Boy was he pissed that a certain someone died in this film... Made it his least fav Star Wars film... He was really bothered... Wish it effected me the same way :lol

Seeing a beloved character's CGI rubber body getting flushed down a giant space toilet is pretty dramatic indeed.

As most people seem to do... they ignore reasoning and continue bashing the film when it has been explained to them.....

Nonetheless....

Falcon smashed a scrap metal outpost. Any ship or car could. Then you don't even mention the Falcons most "indestructible" feat of smashing through trees. Guess you forgot in your anger. Space metal at a high speed vs wood..... I take space metal. Nothing hard to understand.

There is soil on the island. There was grass. Plus, you know, water surrounds the island on all sides, fish and other aquatic life probably live in the water so Luke most likely eats that.

While I looked passed the great feats of the falcon I did think it was a tad too powerful... Mostly the crash landing on the Star Killer planet.... Anyone try and see a plane land without it's landing gear... Having said that, I don't know what the falcon in made of. So perhaps it could take such abuse... Nothing in any other films makes me think that a star ship could handle that at least not without some major damage.. But hey it looked cool. Not really a point of contention for me.. Just my thoughts... I had other reasons to be disappointed.

Regardless on how I feel about the film... I will love to see it knock the crap fest known as AVATR off the top of the highest grossing film of all time. Hope it happens.

Rey is my favorite female lead in a long time. I can't think of anyone else who comes close from the last ten years or so.
I agree, Rey is waaaaaaay more likable than Katniss/Mystique, I'm sick of J-law.

TFA may not be all that great to me, but it does have many redeeming qualities.
I'd love to see Lucas, Cameron and Tarantino locked in a steel cage. :lol Still, the other guy should have said, you mean, Disney will crush me like a bug :lecture

I never understood the meme hate for Tarantino.

Anyone notice that Luke is now wearing a white version of his old black Jedi "uniform" under his robes...? Pretty cool.

Yes he was definitely channelling Gandalf.

Anyone mention Chewie handing Han a blue jacket as they went back outside at Starkiller Base? Was that a double take I sensed?

I wish that Chewie had been able to recover Han's body, instead of him falling into a chasm, as always. Could have been an immensely powerful scene, seeing Chewbacca grieve for his old friend.

Not really a complaint, just wishful thinking.

Back