Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This tread is full of people who hated the film and are pretending that they like it, and people who loved it and are pretending that they hate it.

And then there's the third group of people--like you--who sweepingly generalize everyone into two camps of lovers and haters because everyone must be pigeonholed into a rigid mentality.

Nuance and conflict still exist. And Star Wars is still a series of escapist children's movies peppered with familiar tropes, myths and cliches.
It can be simultaneously enjoyed for its spectacle and derided for its lack of originality.
People are a mass of contradictions--so are some Hollywood franchise blockbusters.
I mean . . . only a Sith deals in absolutes, right? :wink1:

9d06755865bdb24764828d27e0f15386.jpg

___

There seems to be a general assumption that Ford's death was really his own decision, and that the other creative arms of this film didn't want him to die, and instead would have preferred to keep him on for more $$$. I'm as cynical as the next guy, but I don't know if I agree.

Considering what Ford got paid, I think he'd have put on the wookie suit if they asked him:

"A sky-high salary to return to a galaxy far, far away. Walt Disney is paying a lot of money to get Harrison Ford to return to a galaxy far, far away.

That’s the takeaway from a Guardian piece that claims Ford could make up to $34 million for reprising his role as Han Solo in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The salary includes a $25 million upfront with a slim share of the film’s gross earnings.

Notably, Ford is getting paid 56 times the $450,000 flat fee received by British newcomers John Boyega and Daisy Ridley—who each play new leading characters in the film. His salary is also far above the $1.5 million reportedly paid to Carrie Fisher to return to the franchise. “Harrison is the key to making this movie work,” a Disney source told the Daily Mail."

Source: Harrison Ford tipped for $34m Star Wars: The Force Awakens payday | Film | The Guardian

___

So is anyone actually looking forward to a "Young Han Solo" movie? Can't say that I am. Any announced frontrunners as to who they'll cast?

I think it all depends on the actor they get and how young Han will be in the movie. A credible actor in their early 20's would be a step in the right direction.

I agree with Gully's point. And wouldn't that be even more ammunition suggesting this wasn't Ford's decision? :lol It's not like he's slumming it from his usual films doing this one. Most of the stuff he does nowadays is mediocre at best.

So is anyone actually looking forward to a "Young Han Solo" movie? Can't say that I am. Any announced frontrunners as to who they'll cast?

People bring up Anthony Ingruber a lot. He played young Ford in Age Of Adeline and was also asked to voice Solo on Rebels (though they ultimately decided not to use HS). Pretty good resemblance , too.

hqdefault.jpg

What do people think of the action scene where Han pulls a Hawkeye and shoots a trooper without looking?

What do people think of the action scene where Han pulls a Hawkeye and shoots a trooper without looking?

I laughed, but I thought it was something he did in the original trilogy so I thought it was just a nod to the OT.

Back