Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

:lightsabe

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Yeap, still there :lol

It's the pic of
Spoiler Spoiler:

So yeah, AVOID TAPATALK FOLKS :lol

Oh no, I mean quality-wise only. :lol

oh you mean this :lol

Last edited:
I deleted the image. (Crows, you'd have to delete the quoted image).

But to those that haven't seen the film, it's fake. All of it.

I meant true.

No, fake.

Yes, fake.

Definitely fake.

:lecture

I don't know man :lol It's still there, I don't think it's gonna go away, my guess is the code of the app either saves the link or saves the pic itself.

I've even deleted the flickr source image, but it's still appearing in crow's quote at the moment.

It's living on...like a ghost. :lol

just got back from a screening. loved the film. it has a fair share of flaws and things it could've done without but by and large jj abrams (with lots of help from lawrence kasdan) has pulled off the herculean feat of making star wars matter once again to both longtime fans and casual moviegoers alike.

the filmmakers actually make you CARE about the characters, something the prequels failed to do. there are some absolutely beautiful moments in this film that have nothing to do with lightsabers or shootouts or spaceships. they are just scenes between two characters, talking. this may not sound terribly interesting at face value but trust me, it's powerful stuff. there is weight in the interactions, and that comes not just from our long history with well-loved characters, but also from the meaning that abrams and kasdan imbue them with, plus the strength of the performances.

i dare say the acting here is the best i've seen out of all the star wars films. there were moments where i was close to tears, and i'm not one for crying at the movies. and let me just qualify this by saying it has nothing to do with rose-tinted fanboy nostalgia. it's purely and simply to do with good filmmaking.

kylo ren is a great villain, far more complex than anyone expected, and so fascinating because of this. rey and fin are also great dual protagonists, and (without going into spoilers) i'll say that i cannot wait for how all these characters continue to be developed over the course of the trilogy.

the other thing i really appreciated was the way the force was treated. it regained its mystical, mysterious spiritual status, and i like the naturalistic way certain characters discover/tap into it.

the haters on this forum can have their hate and cynicism, but i dare anyone who is willing to go into this film with an open mind to not feel the same sense of magic that we first felt when we watched the OT. it is by no means a perfect film. it relies a little too heavily on past elements for ideas, and there are a few instances of dead space in the storytelling. but make no mistake, after so many years and so much disappointment, this is the one true return to that galaxy far, far away.

i am watching it again tonight! :lol

Watched it here in the UK last night and I must say I couldn't disagree more about Kylo Ren and how the force is represented.

I won't put any spoilers here but I'm sure so many others will end up feeling slightly short changed, especially the last 30mins.

In my opinion the film started like it was the best Star Wars film but gradually faded with overused storylines.

Will I see it again? Probably. Like you say the acting was top notch from the majority of the cast.

Yeah, good thing it happened now that most ppl are avoiding the boards.

Can you still see the image in crow's quote?

Because I can, even after clearing cookies. The direct link is broken. It's a deceased link. An ex link. It is no more. But the forum is still remembering it.

Can't see it in crows quote anymore, seems like indeed the app saves the pic, either that or someone else also posted it.

I think it's flickr that's remembering it. Even though it doesn't exist any more, I can paste the link in Google and still see it.

It's showing in the app in three threads in the star wars section too. And it was posted as spoiler there too. Weird.

Regarding Captain Phasma..

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

a-dev

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Can't see it in crows quote anymore, seems like indeed the app saves the pic, either that or someone else also posted it.

I think it's flickr that's remembering it. Even though it doesn't exist any more, I can paste the link in Google and still see it.

nope, the image is still there when i quoted it

Check it

Last edited:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back