Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That movie must give him joy-joy feelings. :D

:rotfl

Almost as much as biscuits and gravy.

wesley-snipes-demolition-man.jpg

That's exactly what it was. If you've ever watched the behind the scenes for JJ's first Trek film he straight out says he was never a Trek fan and wanted to inject some Star Wars into the whole thing.

This is the movie JJ has always wanted to make.

My biggest issue - Tatooine AGAIN?!?

I like the simpleness of Tatooine. Remember when the SEs showed us all those worldly celebrations and the architecture orgasm that is/was Coruscant? Too much... I don't need to see worlds and cities with 1,000 ships and star cruisers on the screen at the same time. It was overkill and killed the magic. Why put a couple of cruisers in a scene when with our neat, nifty graphics program we can put 500 of them in....of course they'd all crash into each other but it sure looks cool...LOL

Remember when the SEs showed us all those worldly celebrations and the architecture orgasm that is/was Coruscant? Too much... I don't need to see worlds and cities with 1,000 ships and star cruisers on the screen at the same time. It was overkill and killed the magic.

But such places do exist in that galaxy, so we might as well see the extremes instead of staying in the backwaters. Just like some species can be cuddly or goofy.

Minor nitpick regarding the teaser: shouldn't the Alliance/New Republic/whatever be using airspeeders (aka Snowspeeders) for atmospheric missions? Unless they were arriving from space....

shouldn't the Alliance/New Republic/whatever be using airspeeders (aka Snowspeeders) for atmospheric missions? Unless they were arriving from space....

The water and rocks appear consistent with the

Spoiler Spoiler:

It was ever only going to be a teaser. That was the point. To tease us. 88 seconds does not a trailer make.

That was sarcasm directed at the post before mine, which complained that the trailer didn't feel like a full trailer and felt more like a teaser.

Here were some of the tidbits "The first half of the trailer was kind of lame, the second half looked pretty cool though..... I'm not really sure I would call this a trailer, more like a teaser...."

The water and rocks appear consistent with the

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, figured that might be the case. Airspeeders would only be used on the same planet as an Alliance base.

I found the random sampling of scenes pieced together to be overall underwhelming. I LOVED the X-Wings and Falcon bits. I even sort of like the soccer ball droid for some reason. My expectations for this movie have plummeted after seeing this. Do we know if the Rebels are still rebels or are they a New Republic/Galactic Alliance now? Are these stormies Imperial as in the Galactic Empire dominates the galaxy still, Imperial as in an Imperial Remnant type faction, Imperial as in a new Empire is being founded by the villains, or are they good guys like clones? I don't mind being spoiled on how they fit into the narrative if anyone has the rumored answer to that question. Thanks!

That guy's reaction is priceless. The X-Wings Falcon even when obviously done in CGI are amazing. I liked the Falcon leaving Docking Bay 94 and the updated Battle of Yavin in the '97 SEs so I'm not going to cry foul because they're not using models in those particular scenes. It also reminds me of the N64 Rogue Squadron game. Makes me sad Denis Lawson turned down the chance to reprise his role as Wedge...

That guy's reaction is priceless. The X-Wings Falcon even when obviously done in CGI are amazing. Makes me sad Denis Lawson turned chance to reprise his role as Wedge...

Did he? Blimey, that is surprising. I wonder if Wedge has been recast or just won't be mentioned?

Back