Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where? There was a little sun flare when the camera was pointing directly at the sun, but that's natural and it lasted nothing, there's not a single fake horizontal lens flare in the middle of the frame that JJ did so often with Star Trek.

Kinda feels like Star Trek was the beta test for Star Wars :lol

I'm sure there's going to be a lightsaber with lens flares :lol

Looks promising, but the teaser is trading on nostalgia: Stormtroopers, X-wings, Falcon, obligatory lightsaber variant.

Now that that's out of the way, hopefully JJ will chart his own course forward.

It was just a few scenes thrown together..I'm expressed though with what I saw in those seconds, this looks like it has sole something the prequels never had.

Looks promising, but the teaser is trading on nostalgia: Stormtroopers, X-wings, Falcon, obligatory lightsaber variant.

Now that that's out of the way, hopefully JJ will chart his own course forward.

They still have to show the old cast...and Han saying something like, "ready for one more ride" while looking at the Falcon...or something like that.

That's exactly what it was. If you've ever watched the behind the scenes for JJ's first Trek film he straight out says he was never a Trek fan and wanted to inject some Star Wars into the whole thing.

This is the movie JJ has always wanted to make.

My biggest issue - Tatooine AGAIN?!?

if that's the case why isn't he directing more?

That's exactly what it was. If you've ever watched the behind the scenes for JJ's first Trek film he straight out says he was never a Trek fan and wanted to inject some Star Wars into the whole thing.

Kahn again?

Kahn again?

tumblr_ms4d00Shnd1r0vrb6o1_400.gif

Yeah, but I'm hoping the old cast stays in the background and lets the new players take centre stage. Otherwise it just becomes an OT love-in.

Which I'd be perfectly fine with. I give no ****s about the newbs frankly. :lol I mean if they happen to be good, fine, but they're not why I want to see this film.

Directing more Star Wars? Geez...let him finish this one first. :lol

Besides directing SW, he's producing a boatload of other movies/TV shows. I'd say he's keeping busy. :lol

JJ will Exec Produce VIII and IX. Rian Johnson will direct and help script.

After that who knows?

this is what i was wondering about. I thought he would want to do the whole trilogy

PT Tatooine don't count.

But I agree about JJ wanting this over ST.

After the first shot I thought it was a trailer for scary movie 6....

Optimistic after this trailer though

As the day goes on, I like this teaser more and more.

Yeah, I don't dislike it as much as I did in the morning. Once all the hype and expectations go away and I look at it for what it is, and not what I wanted it to be, it's alright. I wouldn't put this teaser in my top 10 teasers I've seen, not even close, but it's not that bad either.

T2...now that was a teaser I'll never forget.

Back