Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

Yup that's more proof these will be better than the prequels. Lucas even said in an interview with Jon Stewart that ESB was the least liked one, and that young kids liked the prequels better than the originals. It was hilarious the look on his face when the audience started booing.

Yup that's more proof these will be better than the prequels. Lucas even said in an interview with Jon Stewart that ESB was the least liked one, and that young kids liked the prequels better than the originals. It was hilarious the look on his face when the audience started booing.

Well young kids do prefer to watch cartoons. No surprise there.

5:44 (out of touch much?)

People hated C3PO after the orignal one???? I may have been too young to realize that, but I do not remember anyone hating 3PO. He is truly clueless.

I hated 3PO when he interrupted Han and Leia from getting it on. His whining annoyed me . . . but he's no Jar Jar. 3PO felt like an actual, genuine character.

I hated 3PO when he interrupted Han and Leia from getting it on. His whining annoyed me . . . but he's no Jar Jar. 3PO felt like an actual, genuine character.

:exactly: I think "hated" is too strong a word, but George is probably overcompensating for all the legit hate he got after the PT. :lol

3PO was annoying in a clueless, prissy way, but there was some intelligence there. JarJar was just plain dumb and annoying. If Lucas really thinks Empire is least liked, then he is either going senile or being an arrogant pr!ck. So glad he will have nothing major to do with the sequels.

Honestly, it doesn't surprise me if that was the case. Lucas was obsessed with making the PT fit in with the OT. So I don't think he had any limit to his thoughts on changes he wanted to make. :lol

More like obsessed with making the OT fit the PT, that's what's sad.

I haven't seen that. Was that originally supposed to be canon?

well you can see for yourself :lol Behold:

I can understand that Lucas was trying to tie-in and intertwine the OT with the upcoming PT (at the time he did all this), to make for a more fluid story. But some things should be left untouch.

Remember this:

star-wars-funny-Jedi-ending-blu-ray.jpg

I guess Lucas just wanted to see Mark Hamill seeing Hayden Christensen for the novelty value. Still, what a slap in the face to the late Sebastien Shaw, not to mention how annoying it is to OT purists to see such a stark reminder of the PT at an otherwise powerful moment.

that felt like such a huge middle finger to anyone that loved the originals.
seriously, Lucas might have as well just record himself giving the middle finger to the audience and insert that into the movie.

Gary Oldman would be nice addition to the SW fam.

The one change that bugged me in ESB was when Vader's line was changed near the end right after he fought Luke. He originally says "Bring my shuttle". He says it with such frustration and anger that it really came off very menacing. Since the SE...he says something much longer and neutral sounding like "Inform the Star Destroyer of my arrival". Don't get why they had to change that...
Yep, that's one of the changes I dislike the most, as well. Was such a great delivery of that line. Looking forward to getting Harmy's blu-ray's and having that rectified.

Speaking of Harmy's blu-rays, I'm late to the party, how does one go about picking up a set and how much do they cost? All I have are the LaserDisc's and my player went kapoot.

Yep, that's one of the changes I dislike the most, as well. Was such a great delivery of that line. Looking forward to getting Harmy's blu-ray's and having that rectified.

Then again ''Bring my shuttle'' doesn't make much sense if that was Vader literally just walking out onto the landing pad, I can't remember if he was.

Still, there was no need to show his shuttle flying and landing on the Executor.

I hate the SE more then the PT!!! There is nothing about the addtions in the SE that I find worth it.

Seeing the first pics of the big three in costume will be insane.

Remember? I want to forget!

Those DVD/blu ray changes bugged the living crap out of me. That Hayden BS, the celebration at the end of Jedi with the Prequel locations "wesa free", changing Boba Fett's voice, Han dodging the laser all stiffly whilst shooting at the same time, Vader's "nooooo" when the Emperor is shocking the **** out of Luke, Obi-Wan's mating call, the CGI rock in front of R2, etc. terrible, just terrible.

Out of all the changes, these are the only ones I like,

- R2 wandering Tatooine at night
- fixing the orange vaseline smudges under the land speeder
- the shot of the Millennium Falcon taking off
- new effects of Alderaan exploding
- added Stormtrooper lines
- matte paintings extended in the detention block
- the revised/new Yavin shots
- the Biggs scene
- new shots of the dog fight with Ties and other fighters (I hate the added amounts of X-Wings though, that was dumb)
- light saber color fixes (still never got Luke's right though)

- Wampa getting chopped up is actually shown
- effects shots cleaned up on snowspeeders and tie fighters
- Cloud City having windows instead of white walls
- Emperor hologram (not the line changes though)

- Creepy Ewok blinking

That's it.

All great points and I would find it difficult for any fan of the Original (unmolested) Trilogy to disagree.

Like I said, Lucas started turning soft. Our fingers are crossed now, hoping Disney can deliver a good ST.

Back