Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

It could be something as simple as Han trying to guide his son in the right direction but he won't listen, gets into trouble that ends with Han being killed then that death is felt by his son as in he caused it. For not listening and bringing his dad into his caused dramas. Man I don't know I don't write story lines but they are just ideas lmfao

I want to hear your ideas on how killing them off in the first flick can work and line up 8 and 9 with a great story....

As for another movie reference I can't think of one but look at tombstone for example.

Wyatt Earp doesn't take no **** when he becomes sheriff and in turn his brother is shot dead dying in his arms on the pool table. Wyatt has to live with that.. Bad reference. But a reference None the less. And you can see what I mean as in hans kid somehow being the cause of hans death even if it isn't at his own hands. Could be some pretty powerful stuff.

And YES where are your views. I'm not convinced if killing them off is all you can chime in......

Last edited:

We already know that's not happening. There's no point in even calling it Episode VII if they aren't continuing on with the established characters. As I said before, if they use Leia like Mon Mothma, and Luke like Obi Wan that just leaves Han who can be utilized as anything from transportation, to rescue force to advising general (he has military experience in both the Empire and the Alliance). Hell, having him retired and having to come out of retirement to save Leia who was kidnapped, etc., can be just as fun. Think a slightly less violent Munny from Unforgiven. The key is to phase them into background characters so they can essentially go from main principals to a supporting cast for those intended to carry the franchise into the future.

I'm good with those ideas. Personally still prefer a fully involved big 3 for E7 than spread thin over 7-9, but I'd be supportive. Phasing them out and phasing in new is exactly what I had in mind, just start phasing them at 7 not at 9. IMO 10-12 should be just as different from 7-9 as 7-9 is from 4-6 as 1-3 was from 4-6. Just a continuous revolution of characters with some overlap. Don't hang on to the big 3 too strongly, but your ideas would work too. One concern though is nobody wonders what happened to Mon Mothma after ROTJ. Will we feel the same about Leia at the end of 9 if no definitive end is given? :dunno

It could be something as simple as Han trying to guide his son in the right direction but he won't listen, gets into trouble that ends with Han being killed then that death is felt by his son as in he caused it. For not listening and bringing his dad into his caused dramas. Man I don't know I don't write story lines but they are just ideas lmfao

I want to hear your ideas on how killing them off in the first flick can work and line up 8 and 9 with a great story....

I do like this idea much better than an accident.

I'll roll some ideas by over time as long as others play along. Just not interested in typing up something to have nuts in the peanut gallery shoot it down and then when asked to give their ideas they chicken **** out. Been there done that around here. Much easier to yuck it up over someone else's post than to put yourself on the stage.

I'm no writer either, so I can't execute my idea's as much as I'd like.

I will say the first idea would definitely make Luke into a spirit somehow. Probably late in the first film after he finds a worthy apprentice. I think his death would be closer to what you described for Han where Luke sacrifices himself to save his apprentice. He would then return in cameo spirit form throughout the films. Before his death have a plot line of him exploring the spirit world much deeper for us. See him encounter Qui-Gon, Yoda, Obi-Wan and Anakin. His death would be at the hands of the newest Sith Lord.

Last edited:

I'm good with those ideas. Personally still prefer a fully involved big 3 for E7 than spread thin over 7-9, but I'd be supportive. Phasing them out and phasing in new is exactly what I had in mind, just start phasing them at 7 not at 9. IMO 10-12 should be just as different from 7-9 as 7-9 is from 4-6 as 1-3 was from 4-6. Just a continuous revolution of characters with some overlap. Don't hang on to the big 3 too strongly, but your ideas would work too. One concern though is nobody wonders what happened to Mon Mothma after ROTJ. Will we feel the same about Leia at the end of 9 if no definitive end is given? :dunno

Yeah, under no uncertain terms do I want to see a Golden Girls version of Star Wars. :lol They'll need to open the new film with new principal cast members too.

As for Mon Mothma, she had no history. Now, especially post PT, Leia is a considerably more established character. The fans wouldn't overlook that and whether she retires, or dies of a broken heart like her mother when hearing of Han's demise (j/k), I'm sure they'd phase her out properly.

And your worry about it being a family driven storyline, well look at who is writing the screenplay... Dude seeps family story lines and I imagine he was brought on board for just that reason....

We have been saying phase them out all along and now you agree..
But you originally wanted them killed off in the first instalment...

Which is it ???

I do like this idea much better than an accident.

I'll roll some ideas by over time as long as others play along. Just not interested in typing up something to have nuts in the peanut gallery shoot it down and then when asked to give their ideas they chicken **** out. Been there done that around here. Much easier to yuck it up over someone else's post than to put yourself on the stage.

I'm no writer either, so I can't execute my idea's as much as I'd like.

I will say the first idea would definitely make Luke into a spirit somehow. Probably late in the first film after he finds a worthy apprentice. I think his death would be closer to what you described for Han where Luke sacrifices himself to save his apprentice. He would then return in cameo spirit form throughout the films. Before his death have a plot line of him exploring the spirit world much deeper for us. See him encounter Qui-Gon, Yoda, Obi-Wan and Anakin.
See man, I like that idea... The whole Luke spirit has to happen and your way about it is good and would work and I can also see that in the film.

I want to clarify though.

Do you want to see all 3 killed off in 7 ???

Or phased throughout the trilogy ???

See man, I like that idea... The whole Luke spirit has to happen and your way about it is good and would work and I can also see that in the film.

I want to clarify though.

Do you want to see all 3 killed off in 7 ???

Or phased throughout the trilogy ???

Well, I don't know exactly to be honest.

Luke will be in all 3 as live or a spirit. So killing him off in 7 is no different than 8 or 9. Doesn't matter.

Han, I truly feel because of Harrison's declining acting ability and unstableness and lets be honest distain for the character, I think you can only count on him for 1 film. Might as well kill him off. Plus his death will be maximum leverage for drama. He's the most beloved character. He's also the rogue and the rogue often bites the big one.

Leia is the one I have the hardest time with. On one hand I want her to die along side Han in a Bonnie and Clyde way. On the other, I do sort of agree that she can be used throughout the films.

Isn't it ok for me not to really know? Its not like I'm writing these and have to make the decision so I'm confused at the need to be pegged forever to an idea. We're just spitballing here right? :lol

I will say the first idea would definitely make Luke into a spirit somehow. Probably late in the first film after he finds a worthy apprentice. I think his death would be closer to what you described for Han where Luke sacrifices himself to save his apprentice. He would then return in cameo spirit form throughout the films. Before his death have a plot line of him exploring the spirit world much deeper for us. See him encounter Qui-Gon, Yoda, Obi-Wan and Anakin. His death would be at the hands of the newest Sith Lord.

That would be too close to what we already got with Obi Wan. I'd honestly rather see him in the same role, but alive, like Yoda in the PT, where he can advise for the most part, but unleash badassery if needed when challenged (just dear God, please no spinning backflips and corkscrew parries :lol).

Last edited:

Well, I don't know exactly to be honest.

Luke will be in all 3 as live or a spirit. So killing him off in 7 is no different than 8 or 9. Doesn't matter.

Han, I truly feel because of Harrison's declining acting ability and unstableness and lets be honest distain for the character, I think you can only count on him for 1 film. Might as well kill him off. Plus his death will be maximum leverage for drama. He's the most beloved character. He's also the rogue and the rogue often bites the big one.

Leia is the one I have the hardest time with. On one hand I want her to die along side Han in a Bonnie and Clyde way. On the other, I do sort of agree that she can be used throughout the films.

Isn't it ok for me not to really know? Its not like I'm writing these and have to make the decision so I'm confused at the need to be pegged forever to an idea. We're just spitballing here right? :lol
You don't have to be pigeon holed into the one idea..
I've got several as I'm sure everyone does..
As for Harrison's acting in Star Wars, the more I watch the more I notice his acting isn't that great to begin with. however he does nail the dopey part. He is a bad @ss none the less and marks acting is quite good in the OT even the more you watch it.
Him staying alive and bringing badasstry throughout the film as previously said is also something I want to see. So it's a matter of being torn all different ways.

All I do know is you can't kill them all off in 7.. No plot will convert me otherwise...

Good read so far guys! :)

I'm definitely down with the idea of Luke staying alive for 7 to 9 as mentioned - the revered master that steps in & out of the story where needed. I personally want Luke all the way through. :rock

Han? I'd have to agree with the point about Ford being a pain to keep satisfied for longer than one film.. :lol, so they'll have to write something meaty for him to want to perform well for. That could go anywhere - but without Uncle George's agenda to get in the way now, there's more scope for Han to have the character explored a little more than just what we've seen.

Leia? I don't want her to die. The important point about her also being force sensitive hasn't been raised yet - that's something they should tap into for sure. Also cultivating the kinship that Luke & Leia share in that regard, could make for some great story material - consulting one another on issues that arise, forseeing certain events etc. :)

In short - Luke & Leia should remain alive through 7-9, while Han can be used as an emotional plot device for Leia, with his passing..

That's just what I've got for now. :lol

most of the Star Wars EU relied on bringing too many characters back... dead and alive. i think the Thrawn trilogy stands apart as it introduced a continuing threat to the galaxy... a remnant of the Empire remaing... it wasn't gratuitous. in many ways, Thrawn was a more interesting villain than anything the PT introduced...

i think it would be acceptable to call the next installment Episode 7 and not have all of the original cast back... as much as i dug reading the Thrawn trilogy, i don't need to see it on the big screen... and with this, i don't know how a screenwriter will tell a more compelling story with the original cast...

Hope episode 7 not like John carter, this is not going to be anything like the Thrawn trilogy thats set 5 years after ROTJ this is going to be around 30 years after Jedi just due to the age of the original cast.

Someone said Leia as Luke's sister was a retcon for RotJ.

Well ive got a few books on the making of SW and when Lucas decided that he wouldn't make 9 episodes in 1978/9 and that he would do VI and possibly VII at most beyond the prequels he changed Luke's sister from being someone else to being Leia. This is very heavily hinted at when Luke hangs from the weather vane after Vader kicks the ***** out of him. The telepathic connection between Luke and Leia is a huge hint and if you watch them from I through to V it makes perfect sense.

Well ive got a few books on the making of SW and when Lucas decided that he wouldn't make 9 episodes in 1978/9 and that he would do VI and possibly VII at most beyond the prequels he changed Luke's sister from being someone else to being Leia. This is very heavily hinted at when Luke hangs from the weather vane after Vader kicks the ***** out of him. The telepathic connection between Luke and Leia is a huge hint and if you watch them from I through to V it makes perfect sense.

That was Khev, and he's full blown ":ignore:" with these facts. :lol

Who else did you think that "other" was? Chewbacca?

I'd be pretty hesitant to post those "reading comprehension" and Dewey from Scary Movie pics at anyone else's expense anytime soon if I were you.

It's already been spelled out both onscreen "sacrifice Han and Leia?" "If you honor what they fight for, yes," and off (Lucas stating that Leia wasn't decided to be the other until ROTJ) that the "other" clearly wasn't Leia in ESB multiple times now.

I'm sorry that when someone is referenced but not revealed your mind is capable of two and only two possibilities in the world of Star Wars: Princess Leia or...Chewbacca. :cuckoo:

Nope, Luke had the strongest bond with and even romantic feeligns for Leia in ESB, hence her being the recipient of his telepathic cry for help. It's just something Jedi can do. Obi-Wan wasn't siblings with all six billion people on Alderaan when they screamed in terror and he wasn't siblings with Luke when he communed telepathically from beyond the grave.

Of course the "saga overhaul" presented in I-VI indicates that everyone in the galaxy is directly related but you'd have to be drinking some serious kool-aid to believe that that's how it was layed out from the beginning. Lucas did have the idea of Luke having a twin sister but it certainly wasn't Leia until the last minute because he just wanted to quickly wrap everything up at that time.

I'd be pretty hesitant to post those "reading comprehension" and Dewey from Scary Movie pics at anyone else's expense anytime soon if I were you.

It's already been spelled out both onscreen "sacrifice Han and Leia?" "If you honor what they fight for, yes," and off (Lucas stating that Leia wasn't decided to be the other until ROTJ) that the "other" clearly wasn't Leia in ESB multiple times now.

I'm sorry that when someone is referenced but not revealed your mind is capable of two and only two possibilities in the world of Star Wars: Princess Leia or...Chewbacca. :cuckoo:

My "Chewbacca" remark was blatant sarcasm, because even at 11 years of age, when the spoiler for Leia being Luke's sister was announced over the radio, my reaction was more of a "tell us something we didn't know" than yours of "OMG! LIKE, NO WAY!" :lol The same source that spoiled Obi Wan first defeating Vader on a volcano (later the lava planet of Mustafar) being how Vader gets the robotic parts had already dropped that bomb (I can't remember if it was Hyperspace or not) shortly after ESB for those that didn't make the connection when seeing the film.

As an eleven year old you thought, "On Dagobah Yoda told Luke to sacrifice Leia but then advised Ben that if Luke failed in rescuing Leia and fell into the clutches of Vader that they still had a last hope...Princess Leia who was also in the clutches of Vader." Right. :cuckoo:

So your preteen assumption must have been blown even further when the SW Annotated Screenplays and interviews with Gary Kurtz revealed that George didn't work out the details of who was related to who until ROTJ after having them make out on Hoth. :cool:

Back