Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

I don't think we have to worry about Corey Feldman or Rob Pattinson being in this. But that's a good point. What do you all think? Should they cast well known actors/actresses in these new roles or should they find a combination of unknowns and lesser known theatrical actors as the past two trilogies have done?

I think these days CGI and miniatures cost about the same.

These days? If anything, CGI becomes cheaper and cheaper everyday as technology advances. Doesn't it? Look at all the CGI everywhere in low budget movies. Wouldn't they go the practical effect route if it was cheaper and looked better? No. They went with what looks bad because it's cheaper and they don't have the resources or imaginative team to make those things. I don't know what happened with the PT. They had both the resources and imaginative team but they still managed to screw that all up... :dunno

I'm not anti-CGI. There are times when there's no other way to do what you want to do. But it should not be your first option unless it's a stylistic choice (Sky Captain, Sin City, 300, etc). I wish more directors/producers realized this. More specifically, Disney and the director(s) of the Sequel Trilogy.

In some cases sure, but you look at films today and how much they cost, today's blockbusters are $250 million. That's insane, studios had a fit when King Kong was over $200 million.

The costs aren't always the same though, there's a lot of things that can inflate the price more than it should normally cost.

How does Skyfall cost 250 million to make, and that's before advertisement. :dunno

I luv the movie, but why 250 million.

How does Skyfall cost 250 million to make, and that's before advertisement. :dunno

I luv the movie, but why 250 million.

I bet there is a crap load of skimming and price inflation going on in film productions and no real cost accounting/auditing going on.

I bet there is a crap load of skimming and price inflation going on in film productions and no real cost accounting/auditing going on.

That's 100% correct!...Fact!

Corey Feldman lol he cracks me up delusions of grandeur, does he really think he looks like Harrison ford??:slap

Corey Feldman?!?

:lol :lol :rotfl:lol
hahanosmiley.gif

MGM went through corporate restructuring and during that time there was a Bond script shelved. They may have rolled the cost of any aborted Bond development into the cost of Skyfall.

Studios never want to call a film successful if they can hide it's profits. Rolling the cost of dead projects into a recent film is one of the common tricks used.

This happened on Superman Returns. The loss incurred from every aborted Superman project since the last Reeve film were added to the cost of SR. Hollywood bookkeeping.

It wouldn't suprise me if this happened on John Carter. There have been 3 or 4 different attempts to bring A Princess of Mars to the screen. The costs of the recent Jon Favreau project were probably added to the Andrew Stanton film.

So are you guys saying Micheal Jackson touched Han Solo? That can't be true!!!

I don't get it, why put up two pic's of Han Solo? ;)

And why did I just vomit in my mouth?

Bad comedy. Happens all the time. :lecture:lecture:lecture

Honestly, let Zach Braff have a go at Han Solo's kid. Sideshow felt Braff looks close enough to Han Solo that they used his face as the model for their PF.

Han_Solo-sideshow-l-premium.jpg
zach-braff-2nd-annual-entertainment-tonight-emmy-party-1AmIRO.jpg

Bad comedy. Happens all the time. :lecture:lecture:lecture

Honestly, let Zach Braff have a go at Han Solo's kid. Sideshow felt Braff looks close enough to Han Solo that they used his face as the model for their PF.

Han_Solo-sideshow-l-premium.jpg
zach-braff-2nd-annual-entertainment-tonight-emmy-party-1AmIRO.jpg

2cxcihe.jpg

MGM went through corporate restructuring and during that time there was a Bond script shelved. They may have rolled the cost of any aborted Bond development into the cost of Skyfall.

Studios never want to call a film successful if they can hide it's profits. Rolling the cost of dead projects into a recent film is one of the common tricks used.

This happened on Superman Returns. The loss incurred from every aborted Superman project since the last Reeve film were added to the cost of SR. Hollywood bookkeeping.

It wouldn't suprise me if this happened on John Carter. There have been 3 or 4 different attempts to bring A Princess of Mars to the screen.
The costs of the recent Jon Favreau project were probably added to the Andrew Stanton film.

I thought that was confirmed? It was part of the reason it bombed. It didn't cost THAT much to make but they included all of those costs into its production.

Back