Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

Fan of the OT or not he used real locations, sets, and CGI spectacularly in X:FC so at least he'll have that over the PT.

:lecture

Another thing that made the OT superior: Location shooting. There was some but not enough in the PT.

Fan of the OT or not he used real locations, sets, and CGI spectacularly in X:FC so at least he'll have that over the PT.

Yes you are right and I hope he will continue doing this ! :pray:

I can't believe i'm this excited that George is not in control.

Same here

I believe in Harvey Dent's Zoo. :lol

:lol

The cool thing is Disney is not dicking around. They are coming out guns blazing. :rock

The Mouse don't play! :yess: :rock

It's like the calm before the storm, isn't it. What have I done? :monkey1

I dont see this official neither.. but it would be ok with me.. all his projects so far been decent.. I just hope he is a real SW fan of the OT :)

I'm okay with it if it's true.

:exactly:

FIRST LEAKED PIC
star-wars-episode-VII.jpg

"Kid.. I've been from one side of this galaxy to the other. Now I can't make it to the other end of the Falcon without having to sit down halfway, or needing a pee.."

By the time this movie comes out this thread will be the longest thread on the board.

By the time this movie comes out this thread will be the longest thread on the board.

Needs to beat the living piss out of the TDKR thread. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

Though I admit my poking fun at the Nolancompoops isn't helping that agenda. /o/

So is this thread going to take us through all three movies? That would be a hell of a thread.

^ :lol That would be. Althought the thread is called Episode VII discussion so I guess some new ones will pop up as the new ones are announced/released

:lecture

Another thing that made the OT superior: Location shooting. There was some but not enough in the PT.

I thought I posted this already but in addition to location shooting being absent from the PT, practical sets were almost non-existent. TPM had them and that one felt the most real to me. The other two were green screen after green screen of rooms and corridors and alien worlds. It all felt fake. I want a return to tangible sets. And none of that finely polished, shiny stuff either. I like the gritty look and feel the OT had.

Of course CGI can be used but only when necessary. I think sets, miniatures, costumes, and models would all look better and go a long way connecting this back to the OT rather than looking/feeling like the prequels again.

Film makers have forgotten that CGI is enhancing tool, not a primary tool. You use it to improve already existing things, not using it for everything. Models and sets have become a lost art.

Back