Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

These comments are even more shocking..

"I have never seen watched star wars and I dont plan on watching it!"

"I can't belive it! That was butifull"

"The video is looking gud I like the way di director set di scene and background atmosphere"

Best comment.

"Still better than Phantom Menace."

These comments are even more shocking..

"I have never seen watched star wars and I dont plan on watching it!"

"I can't belive it! That was butifull"

"The video is looking gud I like the way di director set di scene and background atmosphere"

Best comment.

"Still better than Phantom Menace."

That first comment must have been from my sister-in-law. It's not Twilight or Vampire Diaries, so therefore it isnt worth her time.

https://badassdigest.com/2014/07/13/disney-and-mockingjay-blow-off-comic-con/

When Lucasfilm said that there would be nothing for Star Wars Episode VII at Comic-Con this year many people assumed there would be a cute video message from JJ Abrams shown during the Disney panel in Hall H. Or maybe somebody would make the big announcement about the title of the movie. But that now seems incredibly unlikely as the entire weekend's programming has been announced and Disney will not be coming to Comic-Con at all*.

Also not coming: Lionsgate, who is debuting The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 this year**. With all the great new teasers being released I thought for sure the studio was building up to some kind of a Comic-Con trailer premiere. But instead Katniss and friends will be staying home, perhaps debuting something online that weekend which will have just as wide a reach while costing much, much less than an expensive panel at the San Diego Convention Center.

If Disney had come the big movies would have been Big Hero Six, the next Disney Animation feature which happens to be based on a Marvel property, and Tomorrowland, the George Clooney scifi movie about the theme park. I honestly thought we might get George Clooney in Hall H, but without a panel that seems incredibly unlikely. This also means no Pixar, and no Inside Out, the next original Pixar movie.

By sitting out Comic-Con Disney is declaring its D23 convention as the destination for all their movies. As the company expands outside of traditional Disney stuff (think singing princesses) that makes D23 much more of a general pop culture destination. All of a sudden D23 looks less like a con for a niche fandom and more of a major player in the geek space.

But what's up with Lionsgate? Do they simply think the Comic-Con crowd isn't the Mockingjay crowd? I hope that isn't the case - The Hunger Games movies have proven that female-led films can cross over to men. For the last few years I've wondered when studios would start to think that the expenditure and effort of Comic-Con - it costs thousands upon thousands of dollars just to get talent down to San Diego and housed and fed, let alone having any sort of events on site - weren't worth the bump. Mockingjay is going to be huge, Comic-Con or no Comic-Con, so why spend on it? And why get caught up in the game of which movies popped the most in Hall H, a game that doesn't have an upside for the studio? In fact it's becoming clearer that having your movie/game/book at SDCC means you're more likely to end up in the noise, not the signal.

Comic-Con's focus has been slowly slipping from movies to TV, and I think this is another step in that process. In a few years only a few major films will be showing up, while TV will rule the convention center. The fandoms involved in these shows are even more rabid than those who are into big boy movies, so don't expect SDCC to become less crowded, just expect the demographics to continue to shift. This has been going on for a while, but I think Lionsgate and Disney sitting out SDCC 2014 could be a real turning point.

* Marvel Studios will be at Comic-Con as their own entity, likely revealing all of Phase Three and possibly even the casting for Doctor Strange. If there is going to be any Episode VII stuff it'll be snuck into one of the many panels about Star Wars Rebels and other expanded universe Star Wars stuff. Could the name leak there?

** Lionsgate's WWE films, See No Evil 2 and Leprachaun: Origins will be at the Con with panels in the smaller Room 7AB.

Odd, guess I'm not getting it, so Disney is choosing to not play at SDCC in favor of their own con? Unless they run at the same time, it would seem better to spread the love around.

Also, didn't know Disney was going to do an animation based on a Marvel title. My dream is a Pixar Spidey movie. That would be a movie worth standing in line for.

Odd, guess I'm not getting it, so Disney is choosing to not play at SDCC in favor of their own con? Unless they run at the same time, it would seem better to spread the love around.

Also, didn't know Disney was going to do an animation based on a Marvel title. My dream is a Pixar Spidey movie. That would be a movie worth standing in line for.

I always feel like I'm already watching an animated movie when I see Spiderman.

I used to own the first season of that 2003 CG Spidey cartoon series - really disliked it, & as a result - sold it.

A Pixar film would be universes ahead of that kind of fair.

So have you read this "hand clutching lightsaber" falling out of the sky BS that's doing the rounds?
:lol

" A severed hand clutching a lightsaber floating through space. "

That's pretty much Star Wars summed up to a tee.

If it was my hand doing the falling or floating it wouldn't be clutching a lightsaber that's for certain.

May The Force Be With Me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 125

Ah screw it:

Published July 20, 2014 by Devin Faraci
Exclusive: STAR WARS EPISODE VII Plot Details Revealed!

What is EPISODE VII about? We know.

I'm going to keep this vague. I have no interest in spoiling Star Wars Episode VII, although I'm sure some people will find any information about the film's plot to be spoilery. If you're a spoilerphobe or want to go into Star Wars Episode VII totally, completely clean, stop reading now. If you want to know what, on a very basic and general level, is the premise of Star Wars Episode VII, read on.

Ready?

Imagine the standard Star Wars crawl, and when it ends the camera pans up to the stars. But instead of a spaceship zooming into frame we see... a hand! A severed hand, tumbling through space. A severed hand gripping a light saber.

That hand falls onto a desert planet, where it is discovered by characters who will be our heroes. One is Daisy Ridley. The other is John Boyega, who is playing someone trying to change his path in life (again, I'm keeping it vague here). They recognize the light saber as a Jedi relic and decide to return it to the proper people.

Their quest takes them off world, and they meet up with Han Solo and Chewbacca, who aren't flying around in the Millenium Falcon anymore but are piloting... well, that could be a spoiler. I'll leave it. Anyway, Han and Chewie recognize the light saber as Luke's, and they say they haven't seen their friend in thirty years, since the events of Return of the Jedi.

So begins a quest to find the missing Jedi Master. Meanwhile, on an ice planet, nefarious forces are building a super weapon, one capable of destroying not planets but entire solar systems...

In many ways this plot of Episode VII is an echo of A New Hope. Instead of R2 coming to Tatooine it's a hand falling from the sky, but the basic sweep of the story is similar, and intentionally so. But things that seem familiar may not be as familiar as you think - don't assume that every ice or desert planet in the galaxy has already been visited, if you know what I'm saying.

There's more, of course - this is just the broadest of outlines, a basic synopsis. On the one hand I sort of roll my eyes at the story echoing A New Hope, but on the other I like the propulsive quest concept. I'm hearing extremely positive things about the action, and very, very good things about the characters themselves and the way the actors are bringing them to life. Again and again I'm hearing that John Boyega owns this movie.

What do you think? How does the basic plot of Star Wars: The Hand Of Skywalker (not the real title!) sound to you?

The common denominator in all these possible Episode 7 scripts seems to be that the movie is a search for old Luke.
Love that, cool with that.

The rest however is retarded. What? the hand gets through the athmosphere without burning up, does it have an inscription "to my darling Luke, all the best Dad", and an even deathier death star?

This is either fanboy BS, a fake decoy leak by JJ, or worse than Lucas could ever imagine on his yellow jotter.

How would a hand survive entry into the atmosphere wouldn't it burn up before landing on the ground . Sounds like ******** and totally bollocks

Maybe it's his electronic hand, and there's some shielding on it or soemthing. I personally like all this misdirection.

Yes, it's supposed to be his hand that Vader chopped off in Bespin. Unless he was unlucky enough to lose another one.
How did it get into space even?

So this movie is a quest movie? ...sounds very exciting. About Luke getting his old lightsabre back?

It has epic of biblical proportions written all over it.

It's complete BS, don't believe a word of it.

If it was my hand doing the falling or floating it wouldn't be clutching a lightsaber that's for certain.

I hear ya, brother, I hear ya.

As to the rest, that just sounds like all kinds of awful... and fake, fake, fake.

Please let it be fake...

I hear ya, brother, I hear ya.

As to the rest, that just sounds like all kinds of awful... and fake, fake, fake.

Please let it be fake...

Back