Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

1427323_orig.jpg

?

I think that one only sounded different because of the mouth thing.

Our favorite guy Kevin Smith got rejected for Clerks 3 :rotfl The Weinstein Company has PASSED on Clerks 3, maybe JJ can put him in Ep. 7 as Jabba's Son

Our favorite guy Kevin Smith got rejected for Clerks 3 :rotfl The Weinstein Company has PASSED on Clerks 3, maybe JJ can put him in Ep. 7 as Jabba's Son

I have to say, I never really thought anything about Kevin Smith, I never got him/it, I always imagined it was a US thing that didn't translate culturally to my side of the pond.

But after the recent Batman V Superman posts and the Star Wars BS, and most especially this picture, I now truely, deeply dispise the fool.

Yeah - Tey How.

Lucas' daughter actually voiced the character for the dialogue believe it or not.

She needs oestrogen injections. :lol
Seriously though I always like the two rubber faced main Neimoidians, silly but cool prosthetics which were bizarrely dated considering when Phantom was made.
And I liked the racist bad guy asian stereotype voices as well.

I like the look of the Nemoidian species - apart from their nonsensical nunnery get ups.. but those accents. :monkey4

It's like George was constantly walking around with his 'stupid ideas' notepad - & forcing everyone within striking distance to groan out a 'yes' to every one. :lol

..Are you out of your frickin minds? :lol

That first part doesn't bug me any more than other Jar Jar scenes do. Heck, the battle between the Gungans and Battle Droids is a more compelling battle than any fight we saw between Clones and Battle Droids. The Gungans were a living, breathing society that was fighting for their home. That battle also was used to divert forces away for the Queen to assault the palace. Clones are dumb, lifeless things and expendable. Apart from the Battle of Geonosis, I have no idea why the Clones were where they were or why they were fighting.

All of the romance stuff was awful, agreed, but it wasn't unwarranted. There should have been a love story. Just a better written one than we got.

Truth be told, I had forgotten about that C-3P0 head swap. It's silly and pointless slapstick and I could have done without R2 or C-3P0 in that scene, but again, it was explained and not just done random event thrown at us. Also, I remember my dad and a number of others laughing out loud at that part. Not haha this is so bad laughter, but genuine laughter because it was funny.

Greivous was just some random dude who should have either been introduced in the previous episodes or left in the cartoons. The trilogy should have been written ahead of time and then handed to other writers to make second drafts. That's what's happening with this new trilogy. General outline by George and the scripts written by others. Worked great for the originals so there's hope these will be good.

Agreed.
I remember being pretty much in awe during the opening sequence of ROTS (still love how that one starts) and then I remember wondering where the hell Grievous fit in...

image.jpg

https://badassdigest.com/2014/07/08/star-wars-episode-vii-needs-imax-doesnt-need-comic-con/

The Bad Robot Twitter account tweeted a photo of an IMAX camera shooting some sand dunes, which tells us that Star Wars Episode VII - which we knew would be released in IMAX - is being shot in IMAX. Or at least partially shot in IMAX; JJ Abrams shot select Star Trek Into Darkness sequences in IMAX, and it's likely he's doing the same here. I'd expect an equal amount of true IMAX in Episode VII, maybe 50-60 minutes of a probably 140 minute movie.

Meanwhile Lucasfilm made it official: they're not bringing the movie to San Diego Comic Con. I was just talking about this on the GeekNation podcast Far, Far Away (listen here), and I told hosts Kristian Harloff and Tiffany Sullivan that I didn't think Episode VII would be at SDCC. The reality is they just don't need to bring anything. They don't need to make the fans happy. There's no incentive for Lucasfilm or JJ Abrams to have fun with it, or to make this a remarkable event for the fans who travel halfway across the globe and wait in line for days to get into Hall H. Those people are going to see the movie anyway. While other movies have done amazing things - Sony had Spider-Man swing into a panel, Marvel has consistently won the weekend with its theatrics, Warner Bros' Batman v Superman announcement was enormous - Star Wars doesn't have to, and it's not going to come courting.

We might get something - a video message during the larger Disney presentation, or maybe they'll drop in the title - but realistically I think this is going to be a bust. And next year it's going to be just a standard press event, as the movie will be done shooting, we'll have seen footage (expect a teaser trailer at the end of this year, I'd say) and will even know the title. Hell, by next July we'll have seen the Lego sets and bed sheets.

The bummer is that the original Star Wars was the first major film to use Comic Con as a way to reach out to the fans. There's a proud tradition of Star Wars in San Diego, but it looks like Star Wars has outgrown SDCC.

IMAX is good... but can we have IMAX without the f'king 3D???? Please? Is there a reason all IMAX films need to be blurry and dark and strobe during action scenes? The big sell for IMAX is superior image quality in large format - but that's not true when they add 3d.

I just hate 3D so hard.

IMAX is good... but can we have IMAX without the f'king 3D???? Please? Is there a reason all IMAX films need to be blurry and dark and strobe during action scenes? The big sell for IMAX is superior image quality in large format - but that's not true when they add 3d.

I just hate 3D so hard.

3d Is horrendous, I had to see Xmen DoFP on 3D and I couldn't see anything during the future scenes it was so dark. For some reason the 3D makes a dark filter and everything is washed out, I will never see a movie in 3D again if I do not have too.

Sent from Jabba's Palace

TDKR is a crappy follow up to TDK but the Imax shots were gorgeous.

With all the money Hollywood makes, guess what is their reason for not shooting an entire movie in 15/70mm Imax.

Go ahead, guess. :lol

TDKR is a crappy follow up to TDK but the Imax shots were gorgeous.

With all the money Hollywood makes, guess what is their reason for not shooting an entire movie in 15/70mm Imax.

Go ahead, guess. :lol

Cost more money? I am going to be honest I am getting a little exited . That IMAX shot looked great and takes us back to Tattooine , back to where it all began. I have dismissed the PT so this will be the real return for me

Sent from Jabba's Palace

janamedu.jpg

Stormtrooper boots spotted on set!!

Back