Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

Max von Sydow is the best news in there imo.

I wonder what kind of alien Serkis will be playing.

I like Domhnall Gleeson a lot as well. I am relieved to see Zac Efron's name is nowhere to be seen. :lol

It seemed pretty much inevitable already but **** yes to the big 3 coming back.

:lol looks like I literally post my rumors/dream cast right after the official cast was announced. :lol

I'm happy Oscar and Adam are in it. :rock

Here's Daisy Ridley's show reel... she reminds me a bit of Keira Knightley. Cute girl.

Interesting cast, though there's lack of women--they aren't using the EU stories of course but I would have still thought they'd have a good number of women there.

My first thought was: Holy ****! Old badass Luke!

My second thought was: HT better be scrambling to get this license and Avenger the living **** out of it!

I think the cast is very solid, the big three being back is a huge anchor. Heavyweights like Von Sydow and Serkis add extra genre clout, and new young blood like Isaac, Driver and Gleeson will mix it up too. Gleeson kept this one fair quiet, he was only on my country's main chat show last week. Lucky bastard!

Interesting cast, though there's lack of women--they aren't using the EU stories of course but I would have still thought they'd have a good number of women there.

Yeah, I find it hard to believe there will only be Leia and the new girl (which is hopefully Han and Luke's daughter). I'm still holding out hope they release more cast members later (maybe the 4th...) :pray: :pray: I was really hoping Lupita Nyong'o was cast, but there was also another African female in contention so maybe that role hasn't been announced yet or was scrapped/changed?

That is one badass room to be in. An impressive cast and it's still cool to see the original 3 together again.

nVnck81.jpg

Great to see the cast list. I'm glad to see Andy Serkis in there. I love that guy. :rock

How awesome is that cast....I just love it, my inner child is dancing...

No one has noticed a certain General is missing....

billy1.jpg

I was initially upset about them deleting the Expanded Universe in its entirety, but I got over it pretty quickly when I saw the big three were in London. I didn't expect this announcement until May 4th to be honest so I was surprised to see it pop up elsewhere on this site. No one else is surprised not to see Lando? I'm hoping he makes an appearance later in this trilogy.

I assume Andy Serkis will be playing some alien creature, but who knows? He could also be playing a human character as he did in The Prestige. Or both? I'm excited to see him involved.

I know the name Max Von Sydow but am somewhat embarrassed to admit I don't know any of his roles. I looked over his filmography and have seen a number of things he's been in but I don't really recall him or his performance in them.

Lando needs to be in there too

Yeah, I find it hard to believe there will only be Leia and the new girl (which is hopefully Han and Luke's daughter). I'm still holding out hope they release more cast members later (maybe the 4th...) :pray: :pray: I was really hoping Lupita Nyong'o was cast, but there was also another African female in contention so maybe that role hasn't been announced yet or was scrapped/changed?

Now that would be a very interesting development. :lol

Back