Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

Harrison Ford 'open' to Star Wars Han Solo return

The 70 year old actor is said be "upbeat" about the film and reuniting with the other actors who became household names after the success of the original sci fi blockbuster from 1977.

Mark Hamill, who played Luke Skywalker, and Carrie Fisher who was Princess Leia, are also said to be considering the new film.

The latest Star Wars film, the seventh, will be released in 2015 after Disney bought the rights to the franchise with the $4bn (£2.5 billion) purchase of Lucasfilm.

"Harrison is open to the idea of doing the movie and he's upbeat about it, all three of them are," a highly placed source told Entertainment Weekly.

Ford's swashbuckling character was supposed to have been killed off in the Return of the Jedi, but was spared by director George Lucas.

Interesting turn of events if it's true....

agree.. if the new movies will have just half of the magic the old ones delivered.. I would be super happy !!!!! :)

ne PT has some moments... Ep1 just to see tatooine, tusken and R2
..Ep2 ..tusken..troopers
Ep3 Vader with Tarkin and Tantive IV and Wookies

Thanks for posting, Mike.

Wouldn't mind seeing him attend CVII if he does indeed join the Episode VII "reunion".

Interesting turn of events if it's true....

Yeah if they cast him and play it right they will be closer to box office gold, I'm really hopping that they bring back the Millennium Falcon and let it play an important role in all the new 3 films. It was a character in itself. And aft er all she's got it where it counts right :lol Man there is so many ways it can go wrong but only a few where it can go right. I hope they do something special and for the love of all things Star Wars, Don't scrap the score or John Williams. Lose those and ... Disaster ... :gah: I'm sure they will stay true and let creative do what they do. Look at Avengers :yess: ahhhh but look at John carter :slap :rotfl

I really want these new movies to be set down the road, and aside from an old Luke, have no interest in seeing Han, Leia or Lando back

Droids and Luke is fine - maybe Chewie (he aint dead if it happened in a damn book)

Yeah if they cast him and play it right they will be closer to box office gold, I'm really hopping that they bring back the Millennium Falcon and let it play an important role in all the new 3 films. It was a character in itself. And aft er all she's got it where it counts right :lol Man there is so many ways it can go wrong but only a few where it can go right. I hope they do something special and for the love of all things Star Wars, Don't scrap the score or John Williams. Lose those and ... Disaster ... :gah: I'm sure they will stay true and let creative do what they do. Look at Avengers :yess: ahhhh but look at John carter :slap :rotfl

Im super positive that Disney with Lucasfilm will touch these movies with silky gloves !! They know what went wrong the PT .. and Im sure they heard the complains..

bringing back the old cast.. would be a SUPER GREAT sign what direction they are aiming for the new movies.... the OT !! :)

Remember Mon Mothma's brief scene in ROTJ? I could totally see a sixty-something Leia having a similar moment in the new trilogy. Nothing more would be necessary for her character. I'm too worried they'll go all "KOTCS Marion" on her.

If Ford shows up don't expect much above and beyond the movie. He's almost never comes down from Olympus to see his fans.

From a 2010 interview with Gary Kurtz:

“We had an outline [for Return of the Jedi] and George changed everything in it,” Kurtz said. “Instead of bittersweet and poignant he wanted a euphoric ending with everybody happy. The original idea was that they would recover [the kidnapped] Han Solo in the early part of the story and that he would then die in the middle part of the film in a raid on an Imperial base. George then decided he didn’t want any of the principals killed. By that time there were really big toy sales and that was a reason.”

The discussed ending of the film that Kurtz favored presented the rebel forces in tatters, Leia grappling with her new duties as queen and Luke walking off alone “like Clint Eastwood in the spaghetti westerns,” as Kurtz put it.

Kurtz said that ending would have been a more emotionally nuanced finale to an epic adventure than the forest celebration of the Ewoks that essentially ended the trilogy with a teddy bear luau.

He was especially disdainful of the Lucas idea of a second Death Star, which he felt would be too derivative of the 1977 film. “So we agreed that I should probably leave.”

It would have been interesting to see Han die in the Shield Generator raid and then Luke and Leia parting company sans "teddy bear luau." :lol

Im super positive that Disney with Lucasfilm will touch these movies with silky gloves !! They know what went wrong the PT .. and Im sure they heard the complains..

bringing back the old cast.. would be a SUPER GREAT sign what direction they are aiming for the new movies.... the OT !! :)

If they do the story where original cast do cameo's and rumers become true that the story will take off with Luke training Jedi, Leia & Han's kids included, they can bring back the falcon Han unlike lando wouldn't lose her in a bet so that baby is kept sweet as she was in a hanger bay somewhere or under lock & key, the now grown kids work on it with dad and by now know how to fly her with NO hyperdrive problems :lol man I'm gee king out badly... And when all darkness breaks lose, whatever planet they r on, endor, naboo or tatooine they make their escape and let the adventure begin with bounty hunters fett style alike and all the new non Jar Jar characters they create. Even though my kid digs the prequels, He is young, he will learn :hi5:

Last edited:

Naboo tatooine.. This iPad sux :(

From a 2010 interview with Gary Kurtz:

It would have been interesting to see Han die in the Shield Generator raid and then Luke and Leia parting company sans "teddy bear luau." :lol

If they do the story where original cast do cameo's and rumers become true that the story will take off with Luke training Jedi, Leia & Han's kids included, they can bring back the falcon Han unlike lando wouldn't lose her in a bet so that baby is kept sweet as she was in a hanger bay somewhere or under lock & key, the now grown kids work on it with dad and by now know how to fly her with NO hyperdrive problems :lol man I'm gee king out badly... And when all darkness breaks lose, whatever planet they r on, endor, naboo or tatooine they make their escape and let the adventure begin with bounty hunters fett style alike and all the new non Jar Jar characters they create. Even though my kid digs the prequils, He is young, he will learn :hi5:

another Ford article:

https://movieline.com/2012/11/06/harrison-ford-star-wars-episode-7-han-solo/

Yes, Mara Jade, it's possible for Harrison Ford to be "open to the idea" of reprising his role as Han Solo in Disney's Star Wars Episode VII and still hate the character, as Movieline noted back in 2010. The key here is that the actor may finally get the opportunity to kill off the character that has bedeviled him throughout his auspicious career, which is something he wanted back in Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. A "highly placed source" told EW.com that “Harrison is open to the idea of doing the movie and he’s upbeat about it," but the story also notes, "don't be surprised if his contract includes a mandatory death scene for the sly old space smuggler." Now, there's a reason to be upbeat! Ford gets to chew some scenery in a death scene and cut his ties — symbolically, psychically, joyously — to the role he can't seem to shake, or love. Even though, two of the video clips seemed to have suddenly been pulled from Movieline's 2010 post, Ford's not-so-fond feelings for the space cowboy character that made him a box-office boss have been pretty apparent over the years. As EW also reported, Ford said in a 2010 ABC interview that Han Solo "was not so interesting to me" and that “I thought he should have died in [Episode VI] to give it some bottom." I also would have much preferred a Solo death scene instead of watching Ewoks dance. So, I hope Ford gets his wish. Then, the next time a talk-show host asks him about his iconic role, he can finally say: "Han Solo — he's dead."

Read More at: https://movieline.com/2012/11/06/ha...o/#utm_source=copypaste&utm_campaign=referral

Remember Mon Mothma's brief scene in ROTJ? I could totally see a sixty-something Leia having a similar moment in the new trilogy. Nothing more would be necessary for her character. I'm too worried they'll go all "KOTCS Marion" on her.

They should just turn the Han and Leia story into a romantic comedy, about their wacky adventures having grandchildren running around.

"I love you."
"Sigh... I know."
Laugh track

I wonder if Ford felt that way about Solo the whole time, or if it was just Jedi that pissed him off.

Let's also hope the new writers avoid resolving love triangles by making two of the characters siblings...

At least he can't be added as a spirit at the end of the films, unless Luke trained him to commune with the afterlife:lol read the fine print of the contract Harrison :nana: how would u guys love to see Han exit.. Greedo's grandson seeks vengeance and hans to old to shoot first bahaha. Accidentally killed by his own son is my view, would help define grit and drama to the film :yess:

Back