Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The part where Finn was describing his plan but then stopped to go "Why do you keep doing this" was hilarious and never gets old, right jye?

Rathtars + Finn humor = :rock

The part where Finn was describing his plan but then stopped to go "Why do you keep doing this" was hilarious and never gets old, right jye?

ew.gif

I truly did enjoy TFA on that first viewing, was grinning a lot of the way through and left the cinema more or less happy but with some misgivings about the direction they took the story and classic characters. Unfortunately those misgivings are what endured on my 2 further viewings, aswell as other people's criticisms striking a chord with me.

Poe was originally going to die early on when the TIE crashed.

I am very curious to see what Rian Johnson does with him though because he has a knack for getting to the heart of characters and fleshing them out (see The Fly episode of Breaking Bad). So maybe Finn will become more interesting.

Poe I am curious about also. He was a non character to me. I wanted to like him...he just didn't show any real interesting characteristics other than being a nice guy who is a "hell of a pilot" :monkey4....I hope again like Finn, Johnson fleshes out his character more.

Episode VIII continues where The Force Awakens left off with the journey of Jedi-in-training Rey (Daisy Ridley), former Stormtrooper Finn (John Boyega) and ace X-wing pilot Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac). “I wanted to know more about each of them, and that doesn’t just mean information or backstory," Johnson says. "Figure out what’s the most difficult thing each of them could be challenged with now — let’s throw that at them and dig into what really makes them tick by seeing how they handle that."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...isode-viii-rian-johnson-mark-hamill/96351428/

Poe was originally going to die early on when the TIE crashed.

Episode VIII continues where The Force Awakens left off with the journey of Jedi-in-training Rey (Daisy Ridley), former Stormtrooper Finn (John Boyega) and ace X-wing pilot Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac). “I wanted to know more about each of them, and that doesn’t just mean information or backstory," Johnson says. "Figure out what’s the most difficult thing each of them could be challenged with now — let’s throw that at them and dig into what really makes them tick by seeing how they handle that."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...isode-viii-rian-johnson-mark-hamill/96351428/

This is exactly why I am so glad Johnson is not only directing The Last Jedi but also writing it. I want to see these characters have arcs and go through the ringer so to speak.

I should also say I love The Force Awakens. It was exactly what the franchise needed in my opinion. I also like that everything did not work out like we thought would happen at the end of Jedi. It would just be nice to find out why it all went to hell again. That will hopefully get explained a bit when we find out who Snoke is and how he lured Kylo Ren to the darkside.

I should also say I love The Force Awakens.

Yep, me too. As it's own movie it was a fantastic return to form and an awesome theatrical experience to share. I still rank it easily above ROTJ (and the PT obviously.) The only thing I have issue with now is how it undoes all that was accomplished in the OT and interestingly enough even that didn't really bother me until watching what everyone went through in Rogue One.

The problem is within the OT itself. In SW and Empire we learn that the empire rules over everyone, but from Ben we learn that basically 20-30 years ago life was good under the republic. Then in ROTJ they destroy the empire. That seems like a quick turn of events and a shame to destroy such an effective foe.

Hopefully they can figure out how to do more Rogue One type movies where the villain is the empire. To me that's more the world of SW, but ROTJ decapitated it.

“I wanted to know more about each of them, and that doesn’t just mean information or backstory," Johnson says. "Figure out what’s the most difficult thing each of them could be challenged with now — let’s throw that at them and dig into what really makes them tick by seeing how they handle that."

I like his thinking.

Yep, me too. As it's own movie it was a fantastic return to form and an awesome theatrical experience to share. I still rank it easily above ROTJ (and the PT obviously.) The only thing I have issue with now is how it undoes all that was accomplished in the OT and interestingly enough even that didn't really bother me until watching what everyone went through in Rogue One.

Funny because after seeing Rogue One is when I started to have a problem with what Force Awakens undoes also. The sacrifices by the Rebels seen in RO suddenly felt more real in terms of making the sacrifices in the OT have more weight. Then FA comes along and it feels like they died for nothing. I know that's not true, but I would at least like to have seen a time of relative peace or see how it all went down again. Hopefully The Last Jedi tells us a bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the EPVIII "Theories" are true I take back all my hate of TFA, it makes sense now. Very Excited for EPVIII.

Back