1/6 Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Darth Vader 40th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woah $285 on Sideshow huh? The fancy packaging is kind of cool I guess but I don't buy HT's to keep them in the box (although this is the ONE time when I don't think someone is crazy for keeping them sealed as if they're blister-packaged Black Series or World of Nintendo figures).

Damn. Is that $285 without shipping ?

The same downward tusks but at a higher price they are nuts. Should add a jolly rancher saber while they?re at it and charge $325 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
For everyone saying they fixed this or that about the helmet... these are the EXACT SAME promo photos that accompanied the first release. That’s the prototype figure, not the final production figure.

While it would be cool if they fixed some of the issues the first version had, these photos give no indication whether that will happen or not. Personally I’d be simultaneously pissed and happy if they fixed the tusks (the only issue that bothers me enough to want fixed). Pissed because I’d have to either get this figure or at least the head, and happy because, hey, they fixed it! Lol.

Im the odd man out. Im not impressed with the new packaging style.sorry.
It makes me think of Hasbro greed grab- yes I know its vintage but I can't get past the window box as it seems to cheapen and expensive figure and make it look more dolly.

Thank you for reading my run on sentence I couldn't have done it without you.

I skipped the initial release of this one, waiting for the RotJ version. I'll skip this one as well.

I have the "Rogue One" Vader as my excellent representation of Vader.

Im the odd man out. Im not impressed with the new packaging style.sorry.
It makes me think of Hasbro greed grab- yes I know its vintage but I can't get past the window box as it seems to cheapen and expensive figure and make it look more dolly.

Thank you for reading my run on sentence I couldn't have done it without you.

I'm inclined to agree. I get Hasbro utilizing retro packaging aesthetics for lower end figures
but when you start getting into the higher end collectible market and paying premium pricing
then I believe that type of gimmick isn't necessary and just overall cheapens the figure.

It's actually much nicer packaging than the standard box. With this one you can actually see and display the figure in the packaging. An unopened, in-box display isn't an option with the standard sixth-scale packaging. I have the previous ESB Vader unopened and hope I can sell it to get enough money to buy this superior version. I would hope they switch to this style of box permanently. Being able to see the figure framed within attractive graphics is why people love toy packaging.

As great as the packaging is, majority of them will get dented and dinged up thanks to Sideshow's shipping since majority of folks don't do the $10 pack-out. UPS will have a field day with all these. :lol

I am 'tempted' by this one as I did not get the initial release. But, to increase the cost by $22 for a box is BULL-****ING-****!

Update: I just preordered it. I have no soul, lol.

As great as the packaging is, majority of them will get dented and dinged up thanks to Sideshow's shipping since majority of folks don't do the $10 pack-out. UPS will have a field day with all these. :lol

Its sad everyone else does double box shipping but sideshow charges.....do they still, though? Ordered the Mythos Fett from them and I could swear I was not charged the $10 but did come in a double box. At any rate, will make sure double-box is on for the Fett one I ordered.

Update: Looked at my old invoice, shipping of the Mythos Fett was listed as $10 and was double boxed. So, it probably had limited free shipping and the $10 was the box. Only sideshow....

Last edited:
What's the point of buying an expensive sixth scale figure with accessories and good articulation to just keep displayed in a box?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

What's the point of buying an expensive sixth scale figure with accessories and good articulation to just keep displayed in a box?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

To be then sent off to be graded. And then appreciated within its collectible 9.8 graded prison. Obviously.

To be then sent off to be graded. And then appreciated within its collectible 9.8 graded prison. Obviously.

I don't get why grading figures is a thing unless it's for resale.
Best to open and pose and display!!!
Hanging for the Fett to drop on Popcultcha...

Back