1/6 Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Darth Vader 40th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I passed on ESB Vader waiting for a RotJ one with an Anakin HS. Now we get this, and it's a re-release. Do I just buy this and get Vader off my list, or do I keep waiting for a RotJ one? On eBay Vaders go for 400€+, so it's not like it's easy to buy one after they're sold out.

Didn't this Vader just come out recently? I remember these promo pics and everyone saying "hey there's Luke!" then being told to chill and it's the DX07 one. :lol

Hot Toys/Sideshow probably scooped up all the Vaders that didn't sell from their warehouse and threw those suckers into a new box.

Instead of a new hat, you get a new box! :lol

This.

With all the character in the universe to explore.

We get more Iron Man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back[emoji769] - 1/6th scale Darth Vader[emoji769]

Why do this one? A blatant cash grab. Boba I understand a little but this Vader straight repack is embarrassing. Indeed Bespin Han and Lando were the correct 40th anniversary figures to release and what folks have been begging for.

They should have reissued the HT Vader with a big plasticky cape and solid orange plastic saber with skinny tip to be true to Kenner fig and see how everyone responded.:lol

But yeah - what a 40th announcement that would have been - both Han Bespin and lando previewed on the same day.:horror:horror:horror:clap

Early this year I explored expanding my 1:6 collection to include Star Wars, but abandoned the idea when discovering it was no longer possible to even get Vader. So I for one can attest that there’s value in having this Vader back on the market.

Nobody missed out. They chose not to buy it when it was available. And it was available for well over a year and has probably only been gone for a month.

Implying that everybody has had the funds available to purchase an expensive collectible figure.

I am all for reissuing a key figure to get new people in the game who may have missed out or passed for whatever reason. This Vader reissue isn?t the problem. It?s the ?who the ***k even wants this shi**y recolored? Boba Fett figure instead of a Bespin Han/Luke or Lando or Chewie w/broken 3PO or Lobot or Veers or Piet or Snowspeeder Luke/Wedge or any other ESB version to celebrate the 4th/40th anniversary that is head scratching. Fingers crossed that?s not all, but if it is, woof.

And for people who passed on this Vader before, just get it, cause you?ll be waiting at a minimum two years for Jedi version.

Interesting reveal, but I'm gonna stick to my guns and continue waiting for ROTJ Vader. Love the packaging though..

Last edited:
A collection aye? I sense a Bespin Han is near...

I thought so too after he was heavily featured in the bespin leia promo pics. I bet the collection is just reissued esb figs that are sold out. Easy $$$
I am sure bespin han will show up at some point, but with mandalorian and now clone wars, ot collectors may be waiting a while. I don?t consider a repacked Vader and a repaint fett truly new releases.

Have any of the HT Vaders over the years had the dark red hue for the helmets eyes? If they have its impossible to see in pictures.

Interesting reveal, but I'm gonna stick to my guns and continue waiting for ROTJ Vader. Love the packaging though..

I've also been holding my wallet for a ROTJ Vader release. Only three more years till it gets the 40th treatment! This hobby requires allot of patience.

Back