1/6 Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Boba Fett (Vintage Color Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love it! The Hasbro Black Series SDCC Kenner Fett instantly became one of my favorite Star Wars figures. Had no idea Hot Toys would ever do a Kenner homage. Cashed in 5100 reward points with glee to get a full free ride!

Wow shipping July-Sept. Guess I have to decide now, ordered. I wonder if this will sell out quick being an exclusive, or linger around after release like Sith Anakin.

I just can’t justify buying every little variant for Hot Toys releases. At $255 while it’s cool it’s too much for a simple repaint and vintage packaging. Same with the Vader.

No offense but I would rather have newer versions like Bespin Luke or Bespin Han than rehash of Boba Fett :lecture

I think if you're going to rehash a figure, this is the way to do it with the missile launcher, colors, and cool display box. Vader is just a box of the existing figure.

Is anyone really surprised at this variant?

Regardless, I agree it would be better to get a whole new much-wanted figure like Bespin Han, etc. But this is fun for what it is. Love the box too. That said, I have the deluxe ESB Fett with the "pre-production" look, and that's all I need.

A bit upsetting that he looks too fat, but on the other hand he is too cool, with the colors, and the box.
Had to get him, will just put him on a diet :)

This may be the first time I've ever looked at a HT and NOT been disappointed when it clearly looked like an action figure instead of a real miniature person. It's definitely an eye-catching piece.

This may be the first time I've ever looked at a HT and NOT been disappointed when it clearly looked like an action figure instead of a real miniature person. It's definitely an eye-catching piece.

Yeah, I like it. Probably not enough to buy it, but it's kinda fun. I also understand the frustration at not getting a coveted release like Bespin Han or Luke, or even Threepio. That would have been cooler.

Anyone know, based on prior experience, which Australian retailer is likely to carry this?

This would look pretty cool in box in a vintage Kenner-themed display, but I wouldn't pay $250+ for the privilege. If the missile actually fired I would be more tempted.

I understand criticism of the Vader, but I can't imagine a more perfect special anniversary Hot Toys release for ESB than this Fett. A Lando? Seriously? LOL. We all know who the coolest new character in ESB was. Not to mention, The Mandalorian has absolutely reenergized the collectability of Boba Fett products causing prices to soar on eBay for many Fett items. This figure is unbelievably perfect for an anniversary item that bridges the gap between then and now, the Kenner Fett we all loved as a kid and the continuing popularity of the Mandalorian range of characters all perfectly timed to celebrate ESB. This release is a masterstroke in every way possible. It is the right item at the right time with a ravenous audience ready to guarantee a sell-out.

I understand criticism of the Vader, but I can't imagine a more perfect special anniversary Hot Toys release for ESB than this Fett. A Lando? Seriously? LOL. We all know who the coolest new character in ESB was. Not to mention, The Mandalorian has absolutely reenergized the collectability of Boba Fett products causing prices to soar on eBay for many Fett items. This figure is unbelievably perfect for an anniversary item that bridges the gap between then and now, the Kenner Fett we all loved as a kid and the continuing popularity of the Mandalorian range of characters all perfectly timed to celebrate ESB. This release is a masterstroke in every way possible. It is the right item at the right time with a ravenous audience ready to guarantee a sell-out.

Yeah I agree with this. I can also understand how/why people would scoff at this Fett. Didn't stop me from buying though. I love the mystery of the character before ESB and the weird history of the toy itself. I easily passed on the animation version but couldn't resist this.

Anyone know, based on prior experience, which Australian retailer is likely to carry this?

Popcultcha

They have had numerous HT exclusives..e.g Light Asgardian Thor,Han Stormtrooper,Luke Stormtrooper,Darkside Anakin(All priced around $315 to $350 AUD).
Then there were the SDCC exclusives from last yr,Stan Lee etc.
I'm keeping an eye out out for today and tomoz.

Back