1/6 Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Boba Fett (Vintage Color Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll probably buy this one if the price isn't ridiculous. If I do it will likely stay in that box. Again would rather have had Han or Lando but I do agree with the sentiment that it's nice they acknowledge an anniversary and a fan/marketing holiday. Hasbro should sue them for packaging infringement;)

This is lame. I think that package is kitschy and looks obviously photo-shopped.

1. Hot Toys doesn't even acknowledge Kenner. They're the only reason this "Vintage Color" exists

2. They made a proper preproduction version already, this is what the Kenner figure was based off of.

71-aSvsgmyL._AC_SL1445_.jpg

3. It's a very weird meta thing. Hot Toys used to be known for their realism, accuracy and attention to detail. This is just bizarre making it purposely look like a toy with the candy red rocket and blue plastick-y look.

4. He looks like he's pregnant with a massive waist and child bearing thighs. He THICC.

I guess I just don't get it. In the past 40 years we've had the original Kenner Boba Fett, reproductions of the rocket firing prototype. An actual mail-away figure in 2010. Gentle Giant's scanned Jumbo 12" replica. The Black Series throw back. The recent retro release that's currently at Walmart. What more do people need?

This just doesn't feel or look right. I mean what's next? A Hot Toys "vintage" Stormtrooper that is yellowed to replicate the look of a degrading figure from 1980? This just seems so tacky.

2386637338_e2a1680b37_z.jpg

This is lame. I think that package is kitschy and looks obviously photo-shopped.

1. Hot Toys doesn't even acknowledge Kenner. They're the only reason this "Vintage Color" exists

2. They made a proper preproduction version already, this is what the Kenner figure was based off of.

View attachment 484408

3. It's a very weird meta thing. Hot Toys used to be known for their realism, accuracy and attention to detail. This is just bizarre making it purposely look like a toy with the candy red rocket and blue plastick-y look.

4. He looks like he's pregnant with a massive waist and child bearing thighs. He THICC.

I guess I just don't get it. In the past 40 years we've had the original Kenner Boba Fett, reproductions of the rocket firing prototype. An actual mail-away figure in 2010. Gentle Giant's scanned Jumbo 12" replica. The Black Series throw back. The recent retro release that's currently at Walmart. What more do people need?

This just doesn't feel or look right. I mean what's next? A Hot Toys "vintage" Stormtrooper that is yellowed to replicate the look of a degrading figure from 1980? This just seems so tacky.

View attachment 484410
Completely agree. Bag o ****e. Worse than the Vader. Lazy...unneeded cack.
Oh well.. guess I get to save pennies for other stuff.
Hope everyone has a good May the 4th :)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

One for the Boba completists. I'll think I'll stick with my original Kenner figure which I have had since 1983.
I do like the packaging though.

Re: Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back[emoji769] - 1/6th scale Boba Fett[emoji769] (V

Holy cuh-rap I need two of those! :rock

The only thing that would have made it perfect would be a blue Stormtrooper blaster, lol.

I can?t believe this!?!? I was looking at the SDCC exclusive black series in this color scheme yesterday and the prices were hot toys level on the Bay. Can?t believe they made this and seriously considering getting two to display one in the box! Fun concept!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shall dub thee...Boba Fatt.

Oh no...I?m having flashbacks to the first Sideshow Fett with the thick waist padding. Many an hour wasted reading opinions and options to improve on this site. That thread had some serious staying power back in the day.

Yeah I?d like to get this. Hope the include a Stormtrooper blaster. I just love this colour scheme.

Eh, I don?t need a 250 dollar Kenner figure.

Re: Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back[emoji769] - 1/6th scale Boba Fett[emoji769] (V

It?s cool that Hot Toys acknowledged the anniversary of a film for once. I just wish they had revealed something else like Bespin Han or Lando or Chewbacca with 3PO in the backpack.

Exactly. Those 3 and a hoth rebel trooper would have been perfect. I will get reissue snow troopers though. At least 3 because I won?t collect mandalorian or animated clone wars, but I love ot troops.

The real problem here. SS can't hide behind the packaging isn't part of the item excuse with these since the package is part of the whole appeal.

I've rarely had issues with the boxes received from Sideshow. I'm in the states and UPS is pretty decent where I live, so maybe I'm spoiled. I do wonder if maybe these will have a double box or if HT will provide more protection for the art box than their typical shipper...

Exactly. Those 3 and a hoth rebel trooper would have been perfect. I will get reissue snow troopers though. At least 3 because I won?t collect mandalorian or animated clone wars, but I love ot troops.

Did HT say they were making more Snowtroopers?

Back