Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Black Series figures being mandated by Disney could possibly be the nail in the coffin for Hasbro keeping the Star Wars license.

I can't imagine many BS collectors are going to pay retail for them any longer. It's become a waiting game of when they get dumped in Olies and other discount stores.

You guys ever consider just not commenting and not participating in SW threads since you hate it so much now?

I hate sports, so naturally I do not participate in sports forums...

Seems like a bit of self flagellation going on ....quite sado masochistic.
Seems like an odd kink.

1711121362619.gif

You guys ever consider just not commenting and not participating in SW threads since you hate it so much now?

Seems like an odd kink.

View attachment 694380
You might as well just direct this to the entire internet. People discuss things they dislike as much as the things they enjoy.

Just because the direction of the conversation isn't praising it as you'd apparently prefer doesn't mean we should just shut up and ignore the thread.

Perhaps you should go find a discussion where everyone is geeking out about it.

Reddit's r/starwars sub is generally open to all things concerning Disney Star Wars.

You might as well just direct this to the entire internet. People discuss things they dislike as much as the things they enjoy.

Just because the direction of the conversation isn't praising it as you'd apparently prefer doesn't mean we should just shut up and ignore the thread.

Perhaps you should go find a discussion where everyone is geeking out about it.

Reddit's r/starwars sub is generally open to all things concerning Disney Star Wars.
Hysterical to think people waste so much time discussing thing they don't like....

Huge waste of energy.

Seems like an odd kink.

View attachment 694380
All you do is post the same stuff too.

I haven’t been to this section of collectorfreaks in years, but sure enough, the same old faces are in here preaching the same crap they have been for a decade now.

People can contribute any way they want. I personally think it’s time for Star Wars to die, kind of like it did in the mid-80s. The IP could be so much more if they let it go for a bit and took another crack at it down the line.

It's not about being challenged, let's be real here.....

No one is a cheer leader , or blind to the faults some of the content has....

But we have a dedicated troll community for anything SW here....that's way more popular than people actively discussing the show .

ALL SW threads been banned and cleaned so many times (and outright closed) because of it.

So , no, there is no "balance" to these threads , it's 90% crap feast and 10% people trying to discuss legitimately.

All you do is post the same stuff too.

I haven’t been to this section of collectorfreaks in years, but sure enough, the same old faces are in here preaching the same crap they have been for a decade now.

People can contribute any way they want. I personally think it’s time for Star Wars to die, kind of like it did in the mid-80s. The IP could be so much more if they let it go for a bit and took another crack at it down the line.
surprise surprise......

But its better than any thread with the Joker in it. Those are brutal threads, always have been. The dark nature of the Dark Knight just brings that out.

Star Wars and Batman also happen to be the biggest franchises that appeal to the largest swath of people, so of course you'll get a lot more vocal people in both directions: love and hate.

We could clean up the thread a lot by just stopping long repetition e diatribes on WHY it sucks.

Just post "SW sucks" and move on.

We could clean up the thread a lot by just stopping long repetition e diatribes on WHY it sucks.

Just post "SW sucks" and move on.
By the same token, we could "clean it up" by scrubbing the comments crying about others who aren't in agreement with their own opinions.

But I don't want that. All our opinions are valid and worth reading. What you're suggesting is straight up censorship.

I don't like opinions I don't like either... but it would be boring if we all had the same opinion.

There's plenty of censorship on this board as it is already. This whole discussion is likely to get scrubbed by someone who doesn't like the conversation.

So let's get back to the point: why will Acolyte suck again?

:)

So , no, there is no "balance" to these threads , it's 90% crap feast and 10% people trying to discuss legitimately.
Thank goodness you're self-assigned to the 10% with legitimate points. No bias there. :LOL:

This mentality is what kills online discussions. "You don't agree with me so you're wrong."

But its better than any thread with the Joker in it. Those are brutal threads, always have been. The dark nature of the Dark Knight just brings that out.

Star Wars and Batman also happen to be the biggest franchises that appeal to the largest swath of people, so of course you'll get a lot more vocal people in both directions: love and hate.
The dark side ... and the light.

(I just quoted from the ST -- gross!) :LOL:

The Jedi suck in general. A whole show about them? Yikes.

Acolyte - a person assisting the celebrant in a religious service or procession.
  • an assistant or follower

Great idea for Star WARS.

Ah yes, more random nobody characters to fill the pegs.

Target, Walmart and GameStop are filled with the following,

But yeah, let’s add more to the mix. Who are these people? Cosplayers of robed weirdos and politicians, why? The colors are so drab too. Just uninteresting, uninspired and boring.
To some they may suck 😁 , but I'm not packing up my Obi/Qui-gon + shelf. Or canceling my Obi + rocks order that keep getting delayed (must be hard times in Hong Kong...)

IMO in the right hands it could be an interesting concept - something like Zeffirelli's approach to Judas (Jesus of Nazareth) where Judas was depicted as someone who basically feared (politically) Jesus' growing power and where it would lead (politically). E.g. a treatment with more shades of gray, as opposed to "bad person craves power, because". Would tie back to Palp's comment about the Sith and Jedi being alike.

On the other hand this is D+ so "nuance" may not sell toy licenses. What the heck, it can't be worse than Rebel Moon, and I'm even gonna sit through Part 2 of that - if only to count how many more films it rips off. :chug

And I don't know what folks would want re costumes - sparkles?
glitter GIF

Oh yes my friend. If you remember, Rogue One was panned before it came out for being "woke" and slammed

That is an ass pull. You definitely pulled that right out of your ass. I've no recollection of R1 being looked at as woke.

The burden of proof is upon you, since it's your claim. Show me a thread where folks were crying about R1 being woke.

This is complete nonsense imo but I'll accept being wrong if you can prove what you say.

Back