Star Wars: Rogue Squadron movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GIRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLL POOOOOOWWWWWEEEEEERRRRRRRRR

Taking bets on the over under of just how much diversity there will be in this show. My guess, no white men pilots as good guys, diverse female leads, lack of aliens, and ultimately a project that will be SJW ST level of trash.

You really need to start to accept this as a reality. You have been brainwashed by the past. Reality is white skin is not what most people on the planet have.

45bfda1d66edb6ebb160d365f0934552.jpg

While Hollywood basically was producing films for US audiences for the past 70 years, meaning white middle class, they are now producing for a global audience......and that means the target audience is mostly NON WHITE. And it?s growing year after year.

Also, another reality check, most of that audience has been subjugated or oppressed by those same white people in history. So they are fine with showing white men as oppressive. Similar to how Indians were always the bad guys in the old west films. While it was not true in every case, audiences do not care about truth, they want perceptions.

So probably best to stop complaining about it now, and lower your blood pressure.

It is the future of cinema.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was really excited at first, but the wording they used to describe it seems to indicate that it is set after the sequel trilogy?

At first I thought it was going to be a Rebels vs. Empire starfighter movie, which is my dream scenario.

Still, Patty Jenkins is an awesome director who always has a strong vision of what she wants her films to look like.

I was really excited at first, but the wording they used to describe it seems to indicate that it is set after the sequel trilogy?

At first I thought it was going to be a Rebels vs. Empire starfighter movie, which is my dream scenario.

Still, Patty Jenkins is an awesome director who always has a strong vision of what she wants her films to look like.

You can see in the graphic that it is the newer X-Wing model. If they followed the books it would be fine, but ol' KK has to do new!

If it's set during/after the sequel trilogy then my interest in this is quite low unfortunately.

Happy for those who want this though!

That's about the only way I'd ever bother seeing this movie. If it was about Rogan's DMT trip kicking in right as he was about to get in a dogfight with some enemy TIEs.

This was high on my list until discovered it was set post-ST. Disappointed.

I?ll watch it for the promise of great dogfights and maybe even a good self-contained story about pilots, but it?s not part of any continuity I respect.

(I?ve watched worse for less).

I?ll watch it for the promise of great dogfights and maybe even a good self-contained story about pilots, but it?s not part of any continuity I respect.

I would rather have it take place during the OT events.

But I am fine with it being post ST as long as the film is quality.

The potential for a good film (Jenkins is a good director I think) is there. Just the context doesn?t work for me but I?ll engage the ?Elseworlds? module in my geek brain.

????

If it's post-ST, it's not really part of anyone's continuity. It's a new era. IMO that's the best part about it - it doesn't necessarily have to tie-in with anything that's come before it.

Frankly, I've seen enough OT era fighters. Let's see some next generation stuff and let the designers go to town.

Plot has been released.

About the first all black female space battle group called the Afros of Jannah.

4q11lz.jpg

????

If it's post-ST, it's not really part of anyone's continuity. It's a new era. IMO that's the best part about it - it doesn't necessarily have to tie-in with anything that's come before it.

Canonically speaking, the ST happened, and events with that kind of impact will likely resonate and shape what follows to one degree or another.

That?s what I mean by continuity.

There?s a line in the narrative sand for me. Doesn?t mean I?ve written it off, could be entertaining, but in my head I?ll amputate it.

I did not know that this project would be a post-ST, when i heard the announcement i thought that this would be about the battle of jakku.
I would like this to be with the characters of battlefront 2 (new inferno squad) or with Hera Syndulla.

Back