Star Wars Rereleases in 3D Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me it just took away from the wise old mentor character he has in the OT. Yoda is all about brains not bouncing about as a cgi monkey. I don't mind the cg character but we really didn't need to see him fighting.

Kt0BA.gif

hardly any EU.

For me, the EU was a slippery slope that got insane, quickly. I liked the first couple of Zahn books, and I liked the plot of Dark Forces. But with the comics, countless books, and everything else being pumped out, the universe went off the rails for me.

I disagree. It would have been more impressive had he just stepped back and used the force to control the lightsaber. We needed to see him fight. It's just the fight sequence is so out of character.

That said to be honest I still enjoy those parts.

I didn't really think it was out of character. Star Wars is a fanboy nod to so many other films and I thought the Yoda/Dooku fight fit right in as a nod to Hong Kong cinema's old master characters. :huh

For me, the EU was a slippery slope that got insane, quickly. I liked the first couple of Zahn books, and I liked the plot of Dark Forces. But with the comics, countless books, and everything else being pumped out, the universe went off the rails for me.

My only issue with the EU is that they diminish the importance of the movies. There's the whole prophecy thing and Luke trying to avoid turning to the dark side but then in the EU Palpatine comes back, Luke goes to the dark side and way more important and serious things happen than what was in the movies. They're really entertaining but it doesn't make sense with the original storyline.

To me there's nothing wrong with Yoda fighting, it was really cool though I wish they could have had the sub-surface scattering shaders ready in time for him to be more realistic.

Though of course the fight suffers from the same thing many of the PT duels do---there's no reason for the fight other than just fighting.

I didn't really think it was out of character. Star Wars is a fanboy nod to so many other films and I thought the Yoda/Dooku fight fit right in as a nod to Hong Kong cinema's old master characters. :huh

Yeah but Jedi's were modeled after Samurai. The OT fighting styles made far greater sense. That part always got to me. The Jedi's in the prequels were "flashy" unnecessarily. Very un-Jedi if you ask me.

Though of course the fight suffers from the same thing many of the PT duels do---there's no reason for the fight other than just fighting.

Lucas will touch that right up. :lol

Before you know it the final scene will be a musical because it was always meant to be that way. :rotfl

My only issue with the EU is that they diminish the importance of the movies. There's the whole prophecy thing and Luke trying to avoid turning to the dark side but then in the EU Palpatine comes back, Luke goes to the dark side and way more important and serious things happen than what was in the movies. They're really entertaining but it doesn't make sense with the original storyline.

I guess I didn't make it that far into the EU. :lol

What I liked was was introducing some new characters that didn't affect the original storyline too much, but had a Star Wars-y feel. I don't remember anything about the plot, but I remember really liking Shadows of the Empire.

And when I was still reading, I think they were only doing small continuations directly related to the movies - things like Han and Leia's kids. I hadn't gotten to any Dark Side Luke, or dead Chewbaccas, stuff that would turn me off the the EU. I guess I stopped paying attention at about the right time before it would start to get ruined for me.

Disney Halts 'Star Wars 3D' Re-releases| Movies.com

"What's interesting about the Deadline story reporting this is that they specifically mention there being no more 3D rereleases of the prequel movies (ie: Episodes II and III), but don't say anything about the original trilogy, which was supposed to follow the prequels. Could Disney and Lucasfilm still be planning to rerelease those three movies as we inch closer to Episode VII, perhaps as some sort of marathon leading up to the next sequel?"

Hopefully they will release the original trilogy in theatres next year.

I totally forgot about this actually. It never occured to me to wonder if these would or wouldn't go ahead as originally planned with the Disney purchase/Episode VII announcement

The SW news just keeps getting better and better. :lecture

:rock

I didn't think I was going to be able to resist taking my son to see SW on the big screen (he just turned three) this year but I really didn't like the idea of ATTACK OF THE CLONES being the first one he would have the opportunity to experience. Glad Disney eliminated that little dilemma for me. :lol

I knew it was coming.
the day I saw STAR WARS episode 1 3D was just a **** experience.
The 3D was terrible and the picture quality was from 2001.

The old movies had there time is time now for J.J to rise up and bring us a new star wars Generation.

Back