Star Wars Rebels Coming Fall 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about those that didn't like the Prequels or the Clone Wars? Why drag that stuff into this? I say make this it's own thing with it's own unique characters.

Palpatine, Tarkin, Mothma, and Organa are all fair game for supporting characters. They're all presented in both the OT and PT and have a pretty important role in the Empire and Rebellion respectively. But the heroes should be new/original people in my opinion. No Jedi! Go watch reruns of Clone Wars for that. I'm sick of Jedi.

You should probably stick to non Star Wars threads then. :dunno

You should probably stick to non Star Wars threads then. :dunno

The Great Jedi Purge is supposed to have eliminated nearly all the Jedi. I'm fine with some having escaped. We saw Obi-Wan and Yoda do it. It makes sense others would have done it too. But the amount of people that escaped is getting ridiculous as time goes on. If Motti thought Darth Vader was a relic of the past, it's because the Jedi have disappeared and not been active for the past two decades. You can't have a show entitled "Rebels" about Jedi.

A great period to cover. Anakin is Darth Vader instead of being the "hero" (a little hard to root for a guy and his clones when you knew where that was going). Emperor is consolidating power. Planets are being put in line or crushed. Jedi are being hunted down. Obi-Wan is a living in exile as a hermit. Yoda is going bonkers. Young Luke, Leia, Han and Lando. Sounds like pretty rich storytelling territory to me. Would really like the CGI to be more realistic CGI like the game cinemas, but will probably have the kid-friendly/super deformed Clone Wars look. Still more than a year off, so will no doubt be sneaks of models and concept art along the way.

The Great Jedi Purge is supposed to have eliminated nearly all the Jedi. I'm fine with some having escaped. We saw Obi-Wan and Yoda do it. It makes sense others would have done it too. But the amount of people that escaped is getting ridiculous as time goes on. If Motti thought Darth Vader was a relic of the past, it's because the Jedi have disappeared and not been active for the past two decades. You can't have a show entitled "Rebels" about Jedi.

Being sick of Jedi and being interested in a new Star Wars series is one step below being sick of space stories and hoping everything takes place on one planet. Its your opinion tho, good luck with it. :lol

Being sick of Jedi and being interested in a new Star Wars series is one step below being sick of space stories and hoping everything takes place on one planet. Its your opinion tho, good luck with it. :lol

I don't see the analogy. I love Jedi. My favorite characters usually are Force users. But can't we see something new? Some of the greatest SW stories told don't feature Jedi and Force users. This could be one of them. Look at ANH especially. The Jedi/Sith are rarely the focus and the Force is a mystical magical mysterious energy field. Why was it treated that way? Because the Jedi are dead or in hiding. Let's see the REBEL heroes take the spot light.

While I enjoyed Clone Wars, there were some stories that were just too kid-friendly for my tastes, but overall, I thought is pretty good.

I remember how much I enjoyed the rogue squadron series of books, and if we can get some pilot stories and maybe an intro of Wedge, Biggs, Porkins and others, I'm in!

While I enjoyed Clone Wars, there were some stories that were just too kid-friendly for my tastes, but overall, I thought is pretty good.

I remember how much I enjoyed the rogue squadron series of books, and if we can get some pilot stories and maybe an intro of Wedge, Biggs, Porkins and others, I'm in!
:exactly: We can now see why Luke was so jealous about what Biggs was doing. Maybe we can get some episodes of Biggs teaching Luke.

I am also excited about more AT-AT and AT-ST action. And can we get some ****ing ewoks? Give us an episode of some Scout Troopers busting up Endor to lay down a power generator while fighting ewoks.

An episode of The Empire taking control over Tattooine would be great aswell.

While Clone Wars kind of isolated where SW could go in terms of storytelling, Rebels gives an almost 20 yr period of the Empire and Rebellion setting up shop leaving just about anything open for storytelling. So much potential and I really hope they capitalize on it and show us the stories we want see.

Right. I'd like to know who funded the rebels. And I'm really excited to watch clones progress into stormtroopers. Aswell as the spacecraft transform from clone war styles to the OT styles.

One of the books I read ( EU ) mentions that clones didn't have a long term life expectancy. So maybe with that, we can also see the clones die off, and see where the Empire's troopers and workers where taken from.

This is going to turn out to be like the episodes with the 5 astromechs running around with that green booger guy piloting one. It is made for kids.

No one else thinks that between Episodes III and IV is less than ideal to set a series based on rebels?

Stealing the Death Star plans was literally stated as the Alliance's very first victory against the Empire at the beginning of ANH. They should have set it between ANH and ESB like the Holiday Special cartoon. Plus having it between ROTS and ANH makes me think there's going to be a lot of PTisms that will be intertwined with the cool McQuarrie stuff.

I do think a better period would've been between 4 and 5. But like you said, they probably want PT mixed in.

Back