Star Wars Rebels Coming Fall 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw it, found it ok. The scenarios were easy in and outs for the team. I know it's a cartoon but please make the imperials smarter. They literally infiltrated a star destroyer like it was nothing.

Agree with all that has been said earlier. If they make the Imperials a little more competent it would help a lot. As is, I like it enough to keep watching it for now.

I thought it was great, don't prefer the new art style to the final season of Clone Wars, which I thought they had pretty much perfected their look, but the ships and vehicles are done really nicely. Was really hoping for more character in Sabine than she appeared to have in the previews, but maybe she's going to be their Ahsoka and get some great development arcs.
As it stands I think Ezra is the ****tiest character, which is too bad, because he's supposed to be the Luke analog, but man I wanted him to get lasered. :lol
Chopper was a bad ass, glad to see an astromech besides R2, who can actually do something other than beep and boop.

I thought the Stormtroopers incompetence was made up for by Commander Muttonchops. Stormtroopers aren't exactly known for their effectiveness anyway, their best legions were beaten by teddy bears.

I thought the Stormtroopers incompetence was made up for by Commander Muttonchops. Stormtroopers aren't exactly known for their effectiveness anyway, their best legions were beaten by teddy bears.

Yep, they're definitely showing that the Stormies are just the lackey troops and that the 'clone' style troopers are gone. The Empires strength is going to lie in the Imperial Officers and special characters like the Inquisitor.

So they replaced every clone trooper with storm troopers? So where did all of the legions of clone troopers go ? They could not have been made into storm troopers because Jango Fett is way smarter and better than the storm troopers in this show.

I enjoyed the show. Couple of disjointed parts, but nothing that was a dealbreaker. I did enjoy how most of the stuff that was shown prior to this release was in this premiere, means the next show will be mostly stuff we haven't seen before.

I really enjoyed it. It felt very lighthearted and if they can stay away from political themed snooze-fests, I'll love this show just fine. As much as I've seen clips since te announcement, seeing Stormtroopers again just made me a wonderful feeling deep down inside.

And as a Mando fanboy, I can tell I'll already like Sabine and I'm glad she's not the immature "rebel" little girl type that I was worried she would be when I saw she does graffiti.

I thought it was entertaining but the writing did seem to lean towards kids more then adults where as Clone Wars felt like it was written more for Adult fans... This was probably my biggest fear with Disney in charge of this series, that they made it to kid friendly and ignore their adult fan base.

First episode I would rate a 7/10 but I think part of that score is nostalgia for seeing stormtroopers and tie fighters again not to mention the original music score. Have to wait and see how the rest of the episodes are written... I really hope they target the older audience with future episodes and not the 8 year olds...

I also agree with others about them keeping the Clone Wars style of art direction instead of using this smoother looking animation which makes it feel more like a kids cartoon show..

Loved it myself....gotta love the idea of the proto Chewie passing himself off as a 'rare, hairless wookie'

No problem with the tone myself. Fact you still see Stormies get blasted and die feels less kiddie show than I would have thought

Yeah, that was my thoughts to. They're definitely seeing adult themes here with stormtroopers being killed by blaster fire and being sucked into space not to mention seeing one fall to his presumable death. Once we start seeing the lightsaber impairments, then we'll know it's still not entirely for kids.

I watched it Saturday at noon and enjoyed it. I agree the character designs look a little soft but I'm thinking they were rushing to get it done for the first season to air this soon. I'm expecting the look of the characters to improve as the series continues into future seasons. I got goosebumps when Kanan "revealed" himself.

I watched it Saturday at noon and enjoyed it. I agree the character designs look a little soft but I'm thinking they were rushing to get it done for the first season to air this soon. I'm expecting the look of the characters to improve as the series continues into future seasons. I got goosebumps when Kanan "revealed" himself.

Yeah, that was pretty cool! :rock

Finally caught the pilot episode tonight. The first thirty minutes seemed pretty childish to me, and I almost stopped watching. The last thirty minutes seemed much better, but I still felt a bit of a disconnect. I'll give it a couple more shots, but I'm not convinced that I'll be into this one like I was into Clone Wars. We'll see!

with a property such as Star Wars, Disney needs to understand that targeting children isn't necessary... give today's 10 year old more credit... Star Wars was built on the steam of the 10 year old… what 10 year old didn’t love it in 1977? the saga does not need to speak to children in any other way than it did 30 some odd years ago… with heart and magic. write quality stories filled with vulnerability and imagination… maybe the kids of today will still be talking about them in another 30 years.

Yeah, that was my thoughts to. They're definitely seeing adult themes here with stormtroopers being killed by blaster fire and being sucked into space not to mention seeing one fall to his presumable death. Once we start seeing the lightsaber impairments, then we'll know it's still not entirely for kids.

:exactly:
There were plenty of deaths for people to be crying "Disney" rubbish. Maybe they should go hardcore Star Wars cartoons and just watch their Droids VHS masterpieces, since this is obviously not the toon they were looking for. :lol

That was the highlight of the show imo, also liked the Imp Officer's response. He could have turned tail and reported it, but didn't.

Back