Star Wars Rebels Coming Fall 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. I'd even argue that Star Wars branding dates back to when Uncle George kept all the merchandising rights with the Star Wars. And if someone doesn't think it started there, then the argument can easily be made when he didn't kill off Solo in ROTJ because of toy sales. But we were seeing Star Wars and it's many characters in every shape and form on everything from chonies to glasses handed out at fast food places.

Ah, the good old days. I can remember a time I wouldn't drink anything unless my mom put it in an Empire glass for me. :lol

Yup. I'd even argue that Star Wars branding dates back to when Uncle George kept all the merchandising rights with the Star Wars. And if someone doesn't think it started there, then the argument can easily be made when he didn't kill off Solo in ROTJ because of toy sales. But we were seeing Star Wars and it's many characters in every shape and form on everything from chonies to glasses handed out at fast food places.

eb5963bbe55983fcc31fb7087e2a3ff9.jpg

il_570xN.546332271_w5hs.jpg

:naughty

Vader's Secret Collection? :monkey3

All established well before Disney took over, wtf does any of this have to do with Disney? 90% of the Mandalorians wore those helms in the Clone Wars over the last 6 years and the Darth crap was changed in the 90s. Its not a sign of where Disney is taking anything, its exactly the same as has been established. As far as the "old music", well this is a lead in to episode 4, so what did you expect, dubstep? :slap

I'm not blaming Disney for starting the Star Wars brand -- I'm saying it looks like they're going to be taking George's branding and making it high-octane Disney style. Exponential branding -- you like Boba, you got Jango, now Disney is going to give you a world of Fett-helmetted characters. That's what Disney has always been a master of. That's what I feared when they got Star Wars. And initial indications have done nothing to make me feel better about it. As they say, we ain't seen nothing yet. By the time Disney is through, we'll all hate Star Wars -- that's what I'm afraid of most.

But look, it's my opinion, I'm not trying to convince anyone. And I'm certainly hoping that's not the case. But 'Rebels' just went nails-on-a-chalkboard for me.

Dubstep? I had to look that up. No.

"A sign of" doesn't need to mean that it was the subject of that sign that put it up. In other words, what I understood is that the branding aspects established PRIOR to Disney, are a sign of where Disney will continue to take this franchise.

Ruling: Comment is fair, we will allow it. Carry on. ;)

Yes. Thank you. Jeez.

Last edited:
when i was a kid, there were cartoons like "Droids" and "Ewoks"... and made for tv Endor movies...

things aren't so bad.

I just saw another preview of Rebels on Disney. It's one thing to make storm troopers terrible shots like in the movies, but the cartoon makes the imperials look like the three stooges. These guys couldn't catch a cold. Even the kid puts trained imperial soldiers to shame. I know it's a kid show, but at least make it a little bit harder to defeat the bad guys.

when i was a kid, there were cartoons like "Droids" and "Ewoks"... and made for tv Endor movies...

things aren't so bad.

I remember is like 1992, The SyFy ( Sci-Fi channel then) had a Star Wars week that consisted on the Trilogy in letter box format, the Ewoks movie, and Droids the Cartoon marathon. Plus all of the behind the scenes shows, interviews with Cast and Crew.

I wish we could have something like that now. Like Shark Week for Star Wars!

I remember is like 1992, The SyFy ( Sci-Fi channel then) had a Star Wars week that consisted on the Trilogy in letter box format, the Ewoks movie, and Droids the Cartoon marathon. Plus all of the behind the scenes shows, interviews with Cast and Crew.

I wish we could have something like that now. Like Shark Week for Star Wars!

I can't believe no one does this the first week of May. Would be nice to see someone doing Star Wars marathons at least.

That was great. It had its kiddyish moments but for the most part it was a lot like clone wars. I really thought the wrist slingshot would bug me but it really didn't.

Rebels was great. Seeing Stormtroopers, Tie Fighters, Star destroyers, and All that OT goodness in cartoon form was awesome. I liked the show, some of the dialogue in the beginning seemed like it was missing, but the show quickly gained steam.

Rebels was pretty much what everyone expected… predictable writing and cookie cutter scenarios. it is targeted for the generation who hasn’t “seen it all” when concerning Star Wars, and from this point of view, captured the vibe nicely down the middle.

after years of watching the Clone Wars, i did miss the “competent” soldier… the Stormtroopers in the show are basically the Battle Droids of the PT. i think they could have tried a little harder and not made them bumbling stooges… yes, it takes away the convenience of simple plot lines, but everyone, no matter how old would be appreciative.

Back