Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tin was a best buy exclusive containing all 3 original trilogy special editions together. I should know, because I still have mine.

So you got 3 films, 6 dvds, the special editions were anamorphic, the theatrical editions were non-anamorphic (boooo!)

Yup, that's the one I have... **runs to look at completed auctions**

Reading some posts, guess I'm the only one with the FOX non-SE VHS and the SE VHS sets. Still work FYI. Quite honestly, BR SW is a no buy for me. 1 being $$$, 2 being "Noooo!!!" ROTJ Vader, and 3 being that I already have the films.

For those with the Harmy DVDs, I've got a set that works on my PS3, but not on my other, regular Blu Ray player. Does anyone know what changes I might need to make to the file when making a copy so it will work there?

The file type; ACVHD is not supported by all bluray players... I've had about 50/50 success rate of them playing when I've sent people copies that aren't using a PS3.

Just last week we picked up a new $79.99 Sony blu-ray player that plays ACVHD DVD's just fine. Yours must have been *really* cheap.

Neverthless go buy a new player. If LFL had released a fully restored and anamorphic original theatrical set before Harmy for $80-100 who here wouldn't have picked it up?

It was like $55 from Big Lots. Takes about a minute for anything to even load. But it is for the secondary TV in the back of the house, so it really serves its purpose.

Just last week we picked up a new $79.99 Sony blu-ray player that plays ACVHD DVD's just fine. Yours must have been *really* cheap.

Neverthless go buy a new player. If LFL had released a fully restored and anamorphic original theatrical set before Harmy for $80-100 who here wouldn't have picked it up?

I probably would have... my desire for the unalted OT is that strong :lol

Like others; I have yet to watch the OT on BR; I'm sure I will eventually... but I'd rather spend that time with Harmys versions :huh

I probably would have... my desire for the unalted OT is that strong :lol

Oh I absolutely would have. Hell I paid $60 a pop for EACH movie on THX laserdisc back in 1995 and that was back when $60 got you much more than an action figure accessory. :lol

Like others; I have yet to watch the OT on BR; I'm sure I will eventually... but I'd rather spend that time with Harmys versions :huh

Just skip right to Obi-Wan's new scream if you want a good laugh. It really is LOL funny. :lol

The one where he sounds like a drunken frat boy? Obi-wan did like to party.

obiv.jpg

I want to get these, but I don't want to buy them. I want a relative to gift them to me so I don't have to think about having spent money on that horrible scream or Vader's "Noooooos!!"

I bought the set for $68 shipped off eBay last week and watched ANH last night. I haven't watched it in many years and on BR it looked great. The sound was still a big tell, static whenever an edit from the original track occurred. I didn't think the CGI changes would bother me but they really stood out compared to the quality of the original footage and really didn't add anything to the film for me. Well worth having on BR and I look forward to seeing the other movies and the bonus discs.

I bought the set for $68 shipped off eBay last week and watched ANH last night. I haven't watched it in many years and on BR it looked great. The sound was still a big tell, static whenever an edit from the original track occurred. I didn't think the CGI changes would bother me but they really stood out compared to the quality of the original footage and really didn't add anything to the film for me. Well worth having on BR and I look forward to seeing the other movies and the bonus discs.

Well they didn't think that they would need the sound 34 years later because the movie was just a weird fairytale :peace

For those that have the Harmy version, can you answer a question? I've so far only watched ROTJ, so I'm wondering why the original Sy Snootles footage looks on par with the rest of the film, but the changes to the sarlaac pit and Anakin's eyebrows in the end are very blurry?

I noticed that too. It stands out more because he took the 720p footage and added in the old nonHD eyebrows and pit over them. It would have been better if he just upconverted the original footage like he did with snootles. Oh well, still an incredible job overall!

Everyone should get Harmy's trilogy! Original versions in HD!

Back