Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
white-people.gif

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Of course, all of this is true.

However, rejoice, Sean! All the deleted scenes for the OT!

That should be enough to put a positive spin on things, right?

Yeah, that is a nice addition to the disks. I ordered my set of Blu-Ray disks long ago when I had the half-off coupon for Borders. Personally I'm sick of seeing the films on TV; cut, not full screen, etc. Look forward to seeing more as they should be seen. Though like everyone else, I wish the original versions were available too. But I'll only be watching 3 of the films more than once. :)

Sean

I would also like to remind people without the PT you wouldn't be here at all. The PT is the reason there are collectibles today. Star Wars merchandise was just about dead until the announcement of the PT and now look at it.

No, you can thank the Special Editions for that.

Where were the legions of 40-50 year old fans at CV, or even on this forum?

:wave

They were hanging out with me! I'm only pushing 40, but my buds Avfin and Waller are both well my senior! :rotfl

And big time Star Wars nuts to boot! :lecture

A pleasure gentlemen. :D

Big OT fan here. I lived and breathed Star Wars as a child.

I saw TPM at a midnight show and was somewhat disappointed. This was not the Star Wars I grew up on. Overall the PT was adequate, but I didn't enjoy it enough to buy collectibles from it. I have Maul, but he's currently being bought by another Freak on a payment plan.

I will say that I feel the PT is part of the whole saga, which is why I have the entire saga set ordered on Blu-ray. I'll watch them all together at least once and then likely the OT more often.

I love Star Wars. And by that I mean Star Wars, there is no OT, no PT just one amazing story that captivated me from when I was six years old in 1977 and still captivstes me now. Can't wait till the 12th :impatient:

Last edited:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L8b1zPE0-Y"]How The Empire Strikes Back Should Have Ended - YouTube[/ame]

Look, mfoga, the quicker you ditch your love of the PT, the better off you'll be. It's really making you quite grumpy.
Who said I love the PT? I am just not jaded as lot of others. The PT is what it is and group of 3 movies I find entertaining. They will never be what the OT was mostly because they can't recapture the OT impact on my childhood. You can't sit back and think everything that came from them is bad but sorry the announcement of PT is responsible for everything that happened since.

Look, mfoga, the quicker you ditch your love of the PT, the better off you'll be. It's really making you quite grumpy.

Actuallllly, mfoga has a good point. It's pretty clear that Lucas did the SEs as a way to get peoples' juices flowing again for SW because he was finally ready to start tackling the prequels. Lucas is extremely savvy when it comes to marketing and milking SW fans, though his creative instincts are not as sharp. I think I am personally drawn to the prequels because I can see the rich potential that is there, and in many ways Lucas came so close to creating the magic again - only to stumble over his own feet. If only he had been satisfied to create a story outline, then hand things over to a clever writer and stylish director and produce the whole shebang, the outcome could have been much different. Even the films as they stand could be polished immensely with careful editing and perhaps a vocal overdub of Jake Lloyd's entire performance. But it's unfair to deny that the PT, whatever your own feelings on them may be, did bring a new generation into the SW fold and that's not a bad thing!

Back