Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prequel Trilogy=crap. Fact. Trying to argue this is like trying to tell me 2+2=5.

Okay trying to tell me the PT is crap is like telling me 2-2 is 4. I get it a lot people dislike the PT but alot of people enjoy it as well. If the PT is such crap than who buys all figures and collectibles?? Why can't I get a Maul PF other than ebay? Why did ROTS gross 400mil in the US ?? :)

Where were the legions of 40-50 year old fans at CV, or even on this forum?

They were hanging out with me! I'm only pushing 40, but my buds Avfin and Waller are both well my senior! :rotfl

And big time Star Wars nuts to boot! :lecture

A pleasure gentlemen. :D

I did find it quite telling that when I was at CV 90% of all attendees appeared to be in their 30's with possibly their own children in tow to bring the median age down a bit. If the OT was so universally awesome how come it didn't impact anyone who didn't have a single digit age when they came out?

Where were the legions of 40-50 year old fans at CV, or even on this forum?

Great point.. There are may kids out there today that feel the same way about the PT the way we felt about the OT.

Okay trying to tell me the PT is crap is like telling me 2-2 is 4. I get it a lot people dislike the PT but alot of people enjoy it as well. If the PT is such crap than who buys all figures and collectibles?? Why can't I get a Maul PF other than ebay? Why did ROTS gross 400mil in the US ?? :)

The world is filled with fools, what can I say.

The world is filled with fools, what can I say.

So People (myself included) are fools because we enjoy collecting and watching the movies you hate? Okay I won't get caught up in name calling on a forum but I just say you wouldn't catch my in a forum or in a discussion about a movie that I think is crappy. In other words you wouldn't see me wasting my time in forum discussing Termintor Salvation. :wave

That is essentially my feeling on it... sure the disembodied head is a funny take on it, but I didn't notice Kenobi missing his lower body from the lightsaber that killed him :lol

Kenobi wasnt chopped in half he disappears unlike maul who gets chopped in half.

Wouldn't make much of it really. The numbers don't surprise me though to be honest because there are so many SW fans. They simply out number LOTR fans as far as tv watching goes I would think. Plus I think watching the LOTR movie need to be watched without commercials at all. Then you have box office numbers and LOTR has the prequels beat there.

For me personally SW could only hope to touch with all six films with how great LOTR came out.
Your dead to me.:mad:

On the Ghost thing, if they put in the original ghosts, and had them SHIFT to their younger selves, i'd kinda dig that. Not really love it...but it would make sense.

Having Hayden in that scene makes no sense. As he was never good. He was a nasty human being in the whole trilogy. :lol

But I digress...

Britney Spears sells a lot of CDs too (or used to before everyone started filesharing). Quantity (as far as sales of action figures go) doesn't necessarily mean the movie the toys are based on was good. And there have been good ticket sales for the worst movies ever made. People also buy Transformers toys too and I'm sorry but those films sucked (IMO). There are many examples like that of modern day films in regard to ticket sales or merch sales.

Longevity can, however, indicate if something is truly 'quality'. If in 30 years there are people wild and raving about the PT (or Transformers) like we have with Star Wars, then we'll know. Somehow I doubt that will happen - the PT has already been widely classified as a disappointment by too many.

While there was excitement for it's release (Phantom Menace), the PT never inspired the widespread mania that the OT did (among almost everyone, not just sci-fi fans). There was a reason for that. Only among Star Wars fans was there a real excitement about the PT (aside from the general public curiosity that seemed to vanish after the release of episode one).

Also, most iconic characters from the franchise that you see in our culture (merchandising, etc) are from the OT, rather than the PT.

About the convention attendees being younger and "evidence" that this shows the PT was well liked- Two points to consider:

1. I'd wager that older people don't attend conventions as much as younger people do. That's what I've seen anyway. Lots more younger people at such events, but it seems that's because older people just aren't as interested in participating in activity that is generally considered to be more oriented towards kids and young adults - unless it's an adult themed event (like an antique fair or something). Younger people do attend these things in larger numbers (and younger families who also may have kids young enough to enjoy the vacation spots nearby). Hence why you may see more people in their 30s than people in their 50s at Star Wars conventions.

2. As I said earlier, I think that the appeal of the PT was from the mystique created by the OT moreso than the PT being oh-so-great on it's own. Obviously they are the "back tory", but that doesn't mean you half ass it. IMO. :)

As a stand alone group of films the PT lacks, IMO. And that sucks because even though they were "backstory" there was SO much that could have been done. An amazing story could have been told that could have equaled or outdone the original trilogy.

Sean

Britney Spears sells a lot of CDs too

white-people.gif

Britney Spears sells a lot of CDs too (or used to before everyone started filesharing). Quantity (as far as sales of action figures go) doesn't necessarily mean the movie the toys are based on was good. And there have been good ticket sales for the worst movies ever made. People also buy Transformers toys too and I'm sorry but those films sucked (IMO). There are many examples like that of modern day films in regard to ticket sales or merch sales.

Longevity can, however, indicate if something is truly 'quality'. If in 30 years there are people wild and raving about the PT (or Transformers) like we have with Star Wars, then we'll know. Somehow I doubt that will happen - the PT has already been widely classified as a disappointment by too many.

While there was excitement for it's release (Phantom Menace), the PT never inspired the widespread mania that the OT did (among almost everyone, not just sci-fi fans). There was a reason for that. Only among Star Wars fans was there a real excitement about the PT (aside from the general public curiosity that seemed to vanish after the release of episode one).

Also, most iconic characters from the franchise that you see in our culture (merchandising, etc) are from the OT, rather than the PT.

About the convention attendees being younger and "evidence" that this shows the PT was well liked- Two points to consider:

1. I'd wager that older people don't attend conventions as much as younger people do. That's what I've seen anyway. Lots more younger people at such events, but it seems that's because older people just aren't as interested in participating in activity that is generally considered to be more oriented towards kids and young adults - unless it's an adult themed event (like an antique fair or something). Younger people do attend these things in larger numbers (and younger families who also may have kids young enough to enjoy the vacation spots nearby). Hence why you may see more people in their 30s than people in their 50s at Star Wars conventions.

2. As I said earlier, I think that the appeal of the PT was from the mystique created by the OT moreso than the PT being oh-so-great on it's own. Obviously they are the "back tory", but that doesn't mean you half ass it. IMO. :)

As a stand alone group of films the PT lacks, IMO. And that sucks because even though they were "backstory" there was SO much that could have been done. An amazing story could have been told that could have equaled or outdone the original trilogy.

Sean

:goodpost: Still with you, Sean!

Yeah, the prequels could have been better. The best part about the prequels were the trailers. When I saw the previews in the theater, people cheered.

I believe a good film could be put together by editing all three and making one good movie.

Sean

Of course, all of this is true.

However, rejoice, Sean! All the deleted scenes for the OT!

That should be enough to put a positive spin on things, right?

They were guaranteed to be a disappointment.

They have to be the most anticipated movies of all time. There was no way they could stand up to the hype.

I would also like to remind people without the PT you wouldn't be here at all. The PT is the reason there are collectibles today. Star Wars merchandise was just about dead until the announcement of the PT and now look at it.

Back