Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I said REALLY bothers me. There are some things that slightly bother me, like the new Emperor/Vader scene in ESB. I agree with changing out the "monkey eyed lady", but the added dialog wasn't really necessary. He doesn't really look quite right to me either, he look smore like prequel Palapatine than ROTJ Palpatine. Jedi Rocks is kind of lame as is the new edning to ROTJ. The SE Jabba in ANH looked like crap, but at least they improved on that for the DVD. Boba looking at the camera in that scene also slightly bothers me, but none of these things REALLY bother me as much as Han shooting first...and the fact that it is so poorly executed at that.

I actually am not such a purist that I don't appreciate the actual legitimate changes such as in ESB, adding more depth to Cloud City and people so it didn't look like a city with 5 people living there. Now the return shuttle scene (cut scene from ROTJ) was silly and played poorly.

I actually am not such a purist that I don't appreciate the actual legitimate changes such as in ESB, adding more depth to Cloud City and people so it didn't look like a city with 5 people living there. Now the return shuttle scene (cut scene from ROTJ) was silly and played poorly.

Yeah, that's another one. To top it off, James Earl Jones' voicework sounds phoned in.

I do like the expanded Cloud City and Mos Eisley, the changes to the Sarlacc, the Dewbacks, and the Death Star battle.

I also like the restoration of Biggs' on Yavin, it gives more emphasis to his death. It was always kind of weird how we knew Biggs was Luke's friend, and Luke goes through all this crap to get to the Rebellion, where his friend is flying alongside him, and he's pretty much just another pilot. Also, the music gets all dramatic when Biggs dies, and there is an obvious reaction by Luke, but we have nothing to support that other than "That's what you said when Biggs and Tank left"

Well, I said REALLY bothers me. There are some things that slightly bother me, like the new Emperor/Vader scene in ESB. I agree with changing out the "monkey eyed lady", but the added dialog wasn't really necessary. He doesn't really look quite right to me either, he look smore like prequel Palapatine than ROTJ Palpatine. Jedi Rocks is kind of lame as is the new edning to ROTJ. The SE Jabba in ANH looked like crap, but at least they improved on that for the DVD. Boba looking at the camera in that scene also slightly bothers me, but none of these things REALLY bother me as much as Han shooting first...and the fact that it is so poorly executed at that.

100% agree

Yeah, that's another one. To top it off, James Earl Jones' voicework sounds phoned in.

I do like the expanded Cloud City and Mos Eisley, the changes to the Sarlacc, the Dewbacks, and the Death Star battle.

I also like the restoration of Biggs' on Yavin, it gives more emphasis to his death. It was always kind of weird how we knew Biggs was Luke's friend, and Luke goes through all this crap to get to the Rebellion, where his friend is flying alongside him, and he's pretty much just another pilot. Also, the music gets all dramatic when Biggs dies, and there is an obvious reaction by Luke, but we have nothing to support that other than "That's what you said when Biggs and Tank left"

Yeah, those are all good revisions or additions for the most part.

I agree with almost all of this. I was a bit perplexed that we didn't see the stuff with Biggs on Tatooine, at the time - was that never shot or something?

The more subtle changes were especially nice. I think some of the Mos Eisley stuff went a BIT overboard (like that slapstick droid scene, for instance). Overall, the special editions are very watchable, except for a few KEY scenes (Han shooting first in ANH, the new song in Jabba's palace and the ending of ROTJ are the most glaring, imo).

I agree with almost all of this. I was a bit perplexed that we didn't see the stuff with Biggs on Tatooine, at the time - was that never shot or something?

The more subtle changes were especially nice. I think some of the Mos Eisley stuff went a BIT overboard (like that slapstick droid scene, for instance). Overall, the special editions are very watchable, except for a few KEY scenes (Han shooting first in ANH, the new song in Jabba's palace and the ending of ROTJ are the most glaring, imo).

Lucas did shoot the Biggs stuff but felt the story should be more on Luke and cut out more of the expository stuff. You can read about it in many of the books on the Making Of. That's why there is video footage for the blu-ray of Biggs on Tatooine.

Maybe the Lucas apologists will be happy: I hated the original Jabba palace dance number AND the new one...same with Ewok ending song. Those two sequences along with the Ewoks in general made ROTJ the worst of the OT.

Lucas did shoot the Biggs stuff but felt the story should be more on Luke and cut out more of the expository stuff. You can read about it in many of the books on the Making Of. That's why there is video footage for the blu-ray of Biggs on Tatooine.

Yeah, it was also included on the Behind the Magic CDROM that came out back in '98. Also, "Back in the day", there was a shot of Luke and Biggs from this scene in the Star Wars Storybook. While the scene goes a long way in establishing the relationship between Luke and Biggs, and thus makes Biggs' death a little more meaningful, it also makes Luke look like even more of a whiny punk ass (at least the part with Camie and Fixer). While it is cool to see this footage, I think it was wise of Lucas to include the scene on Yavin of Luke and Biggs reunion and leave this out. Maybe if they had just included this part, with Biggs and Luke alone, it would have worked ok...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEPQ9OYOPnU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEPQ9OYOPnU[/ame]

next in star wars 3D----and than lucas will come to your home and do the 6 movies in your living room, is it me or the queen in ep1 was a molester , little vader was maybe 11------

Seriously! But I refuse to watch them in order. :lol

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Not for a split second do I believe that the PT happened before the OT anyways. :lol

GL really should've went with the sequels :slap

I wish Superman was around, I would put in a request for a spinning of the earth.

Last edited:
OT Purists are like Jehovah's Witnesses. They will keep banging on about how the prequel trilogy, and the changes to the original trilogy, are blasphemy, until you are converted. It's all subjective so I don't know why they bother

:rotfl

Awesome analogy!

Back