Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The shoddiness of Han stepping over Jabba's tail still cracks me up. It looks like he's riding an escalator. :lol

Im very late to this party, but i agree, i hate the way this was done, im sure Lucas couldve been a little more imaginative and left han just walking around Jabba normally, Jabba couldve moved with him kind of keeping eye contact and swivelling his tail. It just looks dodgy.

Not too mention, somehow Boba fett has his ROTJ armor and ROTJ rifle. :dunno

Watched ROTS tonight, very very impressive. Incredibly beautiful in HD. The sound was amazing also. That's all 6 done. Mixed bag IMO. Not too impressed with the bonus discs, slow and badly presented.
It's a set worth the cash though.
:)

Watched ROTS tonight, very very impressive. Incredibly beautiful in HD. The sound was amazing also. That's all 6 done. Mixed bag IMO. Not too impressed with the bonus discs, slow and badly presented.
It's a set worth the cash though.
:)

I've been w/o SW for 6 years so it was nice to have it back in my life.

The video/audio presentation alone was worth getting the whole box set.

36 more days to Halloween, Halloween.......

ROTS has some good scenes bogged down by stupid ____. It's like, every time a scene is hitting it's emotional peak...Anakin says something.

I remember watching ROTS the other day, and laughing at his "I HATE YOOOOO!" because, you dont say that....why would you say that as your legs and arms were cut off? Maybe a human being would say that, in real life...but for dramtic purposes that's just silly.

He should've just screamed. AHHHGAHHH! YOU BASTARD! or something.

It's just such a silly line. It was delivered well...I guess, but it just doesn't work in the context of the scene. It's too whiny.

But man, Palps is awesome. Even Red Letter Media realized this.

My least favorite moments of ROTS:

"General Grievous. I expected someone taller"

"Perhaps love has blinded you."

:rolleyes:

My favorite moment was watching Anakin burn, so I didn't have to listen to Christensen whine anymore, man what was Lucas thinking getting that guy! Now I have to listen to him whine in 6.1 DTS stereo surround sound! You can tell he has no future in acting, he has disappeared from the industry :slap

Watched ANH the other day on Blu and I will say I enjoyed it more than I have for quite some time maybe ever. I'll be curious to see if I feel the same about the rest of the OT.

Do you prefer the PT to the OT, Josh?

As a whole yeah. I really like the story of Anakin's fall because I find it tragic and sad. The PT to me made the OT better because it gave me background to things in the OT.

1.ROTS
2.ESB
3.ANH
4.TPM
5.ROTJ
6.AOTC

esb > anh > rotj > rots > tpm & aotc tied for last :lol

ANH is just so slow now with the other movies released. :lol The clones and the battle at the end give AOTC a slight advantage over Maul in TPM. But I like the way how the puzzle pieces fit in ROTS to connect the PT to the OT.

As a whole yeah. I really like the story of Anakin's fall because I find it tragic and sad. The PT to me made the OT better because it gave me background to things in the OT.
That's cool. I know there are lots of prequel fans around, but was surprised by your post b/c I didn't think many people actually preferred the prequel trilogy as a whole to the OT. But I haven't paid much attention to the Star Wars threads in the past, so that could just be ignorance on my part.

To Nam's post, I actually like ANH just a bit less than Empire. It's a very well constructed film, but lacks the emotional depth of Empire IMO.

To Nam's post, I actually like ANH just a bit less than Empire. It's a very well constructed film, but lacks the emotional depth of Empire IMO.

I think my major problem with Star Wars is that it's a little too everywhere. You could tell that George wasn't really sure where the characters were headed and tried to cram as much as he could into it. Mind you, this is looking at it from the "now" perspective. When I first saw it at 7, it was an entirely different story. :lol

Back