STAR WARS: Obi-Wan Stand Alone Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1. Well played (as I always crack up when someone alters someone's quote, even when done to me) :duff

BUT...

2. Ah, see now your supposition is invalid because: I hate the PT, CW, and Rebels. So I don't "love" all SW "no matter what." I only like the good stuff and hate the bad. :gun

For those who (understandably) don't watch Rebels:

I wonder how old they will go with Obi-Wan in the movie though. This is a few years after ROTS, kid Luke is already running around.

I hear they may cast a female in the role of Ben Kenobi. Interesting.

I hope its the girl in Snoop's sig. And I hope her mouth pops open like that every time something evil happens.

What a ****ing travesty... :monkey4

If I remember correctly, the explanation for this choice was that they considered both options (either a very flashy fight or a very short one), and decided that they had to go short to illustrate the huge gap in skills that had developed over the years between Obi-Wan and Darth Maul.
Maul is completely broken at this point, and Obi-Wan is 'the' veteran Jedi master.

Maul attempts the same trick that allowed him to kill Qui-Gon, he tries to hit Obi-Wan in the chin with his hilt, but Obi-Wan knows it's coming and seizes the opportunity to cut him down.

It's also in the tradition of Japanese duels, which could be ridiculously short.

Last edited:
How did Maul get his normal legs back? Wasn't he a spider...man, for a while.

At some point in Clone Wars he got robotic legs but I don't remember how.

That spider thing was so ****ed up. I wasn't onboard at all with the way they brought him back, he was all crazy and weird :lol

its fake but still have great feeling...hope it will become true with the return of Ewan McGregor

Well they definitely aren't doing that movie without Ewan.
He said he would come back anyway. It's gonna be all about the money. This will probably be his biggest payday ever.

if they done it right, without that hag KK - Obiwan story gonna be very very emotional SW movie ever made. The guilt, the sadness inside of Obiwan himself right after ROTS incidents, the loneliness surrounded by harsh Tatooine desert, the peak of Galatic Empire, watching over little Luke, learn more about the Force from his former master QuiGon... so many wonderful things could be in this movie.

if they done it right, without that hag KK - Obiwan story gonna be very very emotional SW movie ever made. The guilt, the sadness inside of Obiwan himself right after ROTS incidents, the loneliness surrounded by harsh Tatooine desert, the peak of Galatic Empire, watching over little Luke, learn more about the Force from his former master QuiGon... so many wonderful things could be in this movie.

I'd be very conflicted about references to or indeed having Qui-Gon in it. On the one hand he was one of the best things about Phantom Menace...but on the other hand it'd be acknowledging the prequels.

Now Rogue One had minor prequel references by having a Turbo Tank and taking us back to Mustufar, but those references don't require you to accept the PT's version of those events - that's just tech and a planet. However if a new Obi-wan film uses Qui-Gon Jinn that's a different story. His inclusion in the PT was one of those things George did that needlessly defied expectations and overcomplicated matters. Crucially it also delayed the Obi-Wan and Anakin relationship for an entire movie which was incredibly wasteful considering it was the crux of the whole PT, and if it didn't work (pssst, it didn't) then the whole trilogy failed. So Qui-Gon, though a good character and well-played by Neeson, is very problematic for me.

Khev, how shall we overcome this if the hypothetical Obi-Wan film ends up being good?

I'd be very conflicted about references to or indeed having Qui-Gon in it. On the one hand he was one of the best things about Phantom Menace...but on the other hand it'd be acknowledging the prequels.

Now Rogue One had minor prequel references by having a Turbo Tank and the planet Mustufar, but those references don't require you to accept the PT's version of those events. But if a new Obi-wan film uses Qui-Gon Jinn that's a different story. His inclusion in the PT was one of those things George did that needlessly defied expectations and overcomplicated matters. Crucially it also delayed the Obi-Wan and Anakin relationship for an entire movie which was incredibly wasteful considering it was the crux of the whole PT, and if it didn't work (pssst, it didn't) then the whole trilogy failed. So Qui-Gon, though a good character and well-played by Neeson, is very problematic for me.

Khev, how shall we overcome this if the hypothetical Obi-Wan film ends up being good?

HNNNNNNGGGG

rogue-one-bail-organa-600x281.jpg

Mon-Mothma-Rogue-One-03032017-615x308.jpeg

If prequel references and the mere inclusion or mention of Qui-Gon Jinn is problematic for you in an Obi-Wan film, than Ewan Mcgreggor even being cast in a film that bridges Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars should be a huge no-no!

Qui-Gon Jinn was Obi-Wan's mentor in his youth. If Liam Neeson was somehow brought back in a story about Ben Kenobi living in the dangerous dunes of Tatooine and it made sense for whatever struggle old Obi-Wan is dealing with, I don't see how it could be a bad or inappropriate thing.

Back