STAR WARS: Obi-Wan Stand Alone Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After watching Solo I think that...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Anyway, after seeing the movie, that is where I think things are going. An effort to have a connected set of films set during the same time period. They already made a few callbacks to RO in Solo with one of Saw Guerra's men popping up and a mention of scarif.

SNIKT's final contribution to this forum - this thread.

I'm more supportive of this concept now having seen what can be done via Solo.

I wonder what SNIKT thought of Solo...?

After watching Solo I think that...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Anyway, after seeing the movie, that is where I think things are going. An effort to have a connected set of films set during the same time period. They already made a few callbacks to RO in Solo with one of Saw Guerra's men popping up and a mention of scarif.

Like so...

And you left out Boba Fett. That's 3 counts of second degree fake fanage.

SNIKT's final contribution to this forum - this thread.

I'm more supportive of this concept now having seen what can be done via Solo.

I wonder what SNIKT thought of Solo...?

That depends . If it’s hard R Logan inspired movie with Tom hardy he will like it. If not then nope

Obi will probably interact with Han causing some consternation. Supporters of the two interacting will point out that in ANH it isn't explicitly stated than Han and Obi don't know each other. In fact, the first scene showing chewbacca is Obi talking to him and we never hear the dialogue.

NWicmAk.gif

When I made my post above, I hadn't heard about the boba fett moving forward. Some of those things may show up in fett instead, though there is still a possibility that obi-wan will continue some of the characters and plot threads of solo or solo and fett both. It is possible that Han and obi could still pop up in the film and not interact at all. Poe and Rey went almost two movies without interacting so there is some precedent for this in Star Wars. Or they would interact and there would be some hand waving by either the filmmakers to allow it. Let's hope not though. Alden was one of the bright sports in Solo and since they are likely not making a direct sequel to that film, I wouldn't be surprised if they just continue his story in one of these others.

I saw this earlier today. :D

Former UK Foreign Secretary Claims George Lucas Plans to Shoot Star Wars Spinoff Obi-Wan Kenobi Movie

When Boris Johnson got up to give a speech at the DUP Annual Conference in Belfast earlier today, he probably didn't expect to send the Star Wars fandom into a frenzy with one simple comment.With the intention of boasting the accolades of the UK, Johnson mentioned the upcoming Obi-Wan Kenobi film that is supposedly in the works by Lucasfilm.

According to The Spectator, Johnson claimed the UK has "by far the most dynamic creative culture and media industries." He went on to ask the question, "Which was the biggest grossing movie last year? Star Wars and where does George Lucas propose to make a follow up about Obi-Wan Kenobi? Northern Ireland."
The George Lucas name drop is what's getting all the buzz, especially considering the Star Wars creator hasn't directed a film in the franchise since 2005's Revenge of the Sith. Of course, there’s a good chance the former Mayor of London and UK Foreign Secretary was just using Lucas' name as a generalization.

Lucas is, of course, the main person associated with the franchise, and the British politician could have just been referring to Lucasfilm. However, that doesn't mean we can't hope that the director plans to helm another movie in the famous franchise.
Another point against this claim is Stephan Daldry, best known for directing Billy Elliot, The Hours, and The Reader. Daldry is already listed as the film's director on IMDB. However, if Solo: A Star Wars Story taught us anything, it's that a director in the franchise can be replaced.

Johnson was right about one thing, though, and that's how successful Star Wars: The Last Jediwas. Despite hate from a loud portion of the fandom, the second installment in the newest Star Wars trilogy earned $1.3 billion worldwide.
The rumors surrounding an Obi-Wan film have varied over the past year. In May, it was announced that the spin-off would start filming in Spring 2019, however, Ewan McGregor said in August that the movie wasn't happening.

While the movie is listed on IMDB as having been officially announced, there's no word on whether or not McGregor will be reprising his role. However, it's safe to say that even the most vicious haters of the Star Wars prequels wouldn't want to see anyone else step into the role. McGregor is, without a doubt, the best part of the second trilogy.

While you're awaiting further news about the Obi-Wan film, you can get excited for the next installment of the current trilogy, Episode 9, which is set to hit theaters on December 20, 2019.

I’d put my money on this quote being made by a guy who mispoke and doesn’t know the difference between Luke and Obiwan and he was likely referring to the sequel trilogy being filmed in Ireland. He probably has no idea that Lucas sold SW to the Mouse.

Just my opinion. :lol

I'm actually glad if they're moving forward with a Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan movie. I'm surprised about Northern Ireland as opposed to Tunisia though.

Regarding George Lucas being directly involved, I bet Boris Johnson simply misspoke.

When I chatted with Denis Lawson (Wedge) at Celebration 2017 I told him I missed seeing him in TFA and asked if he might consider returning for a future episode. He jovially replied "well that's up to George." So I think it's just a common flub to keep associating the development of the franchise with Lucas himself.

Boris just issued another statement saying how proud he is that Western Ireland will be heavily featured in green-screen shots of the upcoming Infinity Wars 2: Ragnarok directed by Joss Snyder.

Boris is widely regarded as a bit of a buffoon in this part of the world so I imagine he completely screwed it up. He most likely meant Lucasfilm rather than Lucas himself and was incorrectly referring to episode 9 not an obi-wan movie. I'd love to be wrong but Bojo has a bit of track record. Wouldn't it be fantastic though if it was secretly moving forward only for a bumbling politician to accidentally reveal it was a go.

Back