Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've made the same point over and over. Maul isn't human. We don't know if being cut in half has the same effect on Zabrak as it does on Humans. For all we know, they don't have any vital organs in the lower half of their bodies. Also, a lightsaber cauterises a wound, even a bisection, so he wouldn't have bled to death, and finally he's a sith. Many sith have survived far worse, Darth Sion was practically disintegrated and held himself together using the Force alone.

After reading Darth Plagueis, I'd say it would make sense that Maul gleaned some of the life extension Sith techniques that Plagueis and Sidious were fiddling with. Luceno put out some short stories that tied in with this episode a bit.
I thought the idea of bringing Maul back was a stretch though. It almost felt like they were running out of ideas. I want to say I remember an interview where Lucas explained that cutting Maul in half and having it depicted the way it was was so fanboys wouldn't speculate about how he survived, like how people speculated on Boba Fett after falling into the Pit of Carkoon.
I thought for Maul it was Lucas' way of saying, "put a fork in him, he's done."
Clearly that didn't stick.

Officially both Maul and Fett are dead. That's obvious.

However, the Clone Wars show rocks and I think it's great seeing Maul again...even though I hated his crying Spider form....next episode should be good though.

Here's also hoping we get a little Duel of the Fates theme too. :)

Officially both Maul and Fett are dead. That's obvious.

However, the Clone Wars show rocks and I think it's great seeing Maul again...even though I hated his crying Spider form....next episode should be good though.

Here's also hoping we get a little Duel of the Fates theme too. :)

No, they are both officially alive (past their respective film appearances atleast). The clone wars cartoon is canon, so Darth Maul is officially alive (until he dies at the end of the series, then he'll officially be dead), just like Starkiller officially started the rebellion and Boba Fett surviving the sarlaac. Lucas has acknowledged all this is true to the plot of the overall saga as far as I know. So it's official.

And btw, I enjoyed tonights episode. Nice to have Maul back to his senses. Felt like a whole different character on screen tonight. The animation was just breathtaking. The lightsaber fights were pretty badass...Obi Wan is one tough dude. The zabraks are a crazy powerful duo, though I wish they incorporated more force powers in the fight. I thought the ending was a bit soft though. After all the hype and the word revenge being tossed around so much, I expected a grimmer, darker cliffhanger. Not that someone had to die, but I expected Maul and Savage to do something shocking before next season.

my only gripe with the lightsaber battles last night; Maul has been in exile with no lightsaber for years yet when he faces ObiWan who has had plenty of opportunity to hone his skills he seemed to best him more often than not. I am assuming Maul had no saber because didn't Savage hand him part of his broken one so feel free to correct me.

Yeah, Savage handed him back his broken lightsaber. I'm assuming whoever found Maul's body found half his lightsaber as well. As far as his lightsaber skills go, with how soon he was able to master his new legs, I'm sure remembering how to use a lightsaber was easy.

I still like a lot of the episodes of this show. But, this whole Maul thing is crap.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Part one was a complete waste. Part two was just weird.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The whole thing made no sense, was anti-climatic, and overall, a wasted opportunity.

my only gripe with the lightsaber battles last night; Maul has been in exile with no lightsaber for years yet when he faces ObiWan who has had plenty of opportunity to hone his skills he seemed to best him more often than not. I am assuming Maul had no saber because didn't Savage hand him part of his broken one so feel free to correct me.

The way I looked at it is that once Talzin got to Maul, she basically healed his mind, restoring the old character from Phantom Menace and probably cleared his mind so that the trainsition back into a warrior was an easy one.

Having said that, I didn't think Maul looked as efficient with the lightsaber as he did in episode 1, as if he really isnt back into old form yet. If I'm right, than he should only get better. Watching the episode last night, I expected Maul to go insane with his weapon, but for the beginning of the fight Obi Wan was kind of schooling him. Out of everybody, Savage was the best fighter last night hands down.

THIS ____ JUST GOT REAL!!! :yess:

Maul was forcing Obi to hate, keeping him off balance in the force. Add that to the fact that Obi's saber techniques are mainly defensive (and he was mostly attacking), and the playing field was leveled.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I wonder how Palps/Sideous will react. Be interesting to see Dooku and Grievous get involved too.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope that Sidious is the one who finally kills Maul. I could see this as Maul will start to mess with Sidious' plans for the end of the Clone Wars. PLUS, we really haven't seen Sidious fight in any matter, so I'm hoping.

But my MAIN gripe with the episode, is why Maul didn't have the double-bladed saber :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope that Sidious is the one who finally kills Maul. I could see this as Maul will start to mess with Sidious' plans for the end of the Clone Wars. PLUS, we really haven't seen Sidious fight in any matter, so I'm hoping.

But my MAIN gripe with the episode, is why Maul didn't have the double-bladed saber :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Because the other half was left on Naboo? :dunno :lol

...in the comic Owen blows a hole in Maul's face with a blaster after he duels Obi-wan on Tattooine.

I know-- but I hope that's not :slap canon. Maybe they'll save his demise (as well as Rex's, Ahsoka's...etc.) for a grand two hour movie epic.

Back