Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And you guys are telling me there are other jedi and force users who survive past RotS, so why not get their help? Plus, Obi-Wan thinks Vader is dead, presumably, so with one sith out of the picture, the jedi don't try to do anything? It makes no sense--one of the dumbest strategic moves in the series, and that says alot.

I never really got that myself...but it IS Lucas writing, so that explains it :lol

BUT, you have to remember that Palpatine WAS the chancellor and Obi-Wan and Yoda would have to fight through pretty much the entire planet of Coruscant to get to him (unless they sneaked in).

I never really got that myself...but it IS Lucas writing, so that explains it :lol

BUT, you have to remember that Palpatine WAS the chancellor and Obi-Wan and Yoda would have to fight through pretty much the entire planet of Coruscant to get to him (unless they sneaked in).

You make a good point, I'm sure that Vader and Palpatine would be VERY well protected and hard to get to. Don't forget that the few times that Luke got to Vader, he was allowed to reach him.

No, I left them out because we obviously know what happens to them, obviously. They ran away and went into hiding, despite killing Dooku and thinking Darth Vader is a chopped up corpse on Mustafar. So, for twenty or so years, Yoda and Obi Wan are so irrelevant to the story and to the rise of the empire, that they might as well be dead. Now if their are going to be 10 other powerful warriors out there, or jedi, or fallen acolytes or whatnot (which their are because you have Rohm Kota and a few others out there), and nobody decided to band together to stop Palpatine especially when he was vulnerable (instead years and years after), I just think its a lame cop out. But clearly, some of you think that Star Wars is more well-written than I do.

So why couldn't other Jedi go into hiding as well? In the EU, Ventress just quits and goes away. :huh

That is a good point. But didn't Yoda just find Palpatine right before that all by himself easily? I don't quite remember...

So why couldn't other Jedi go into hiding as well? In the EU, Ventress just quits and goes away. :huh

Yeah, they could have. I just think the more force users we find out are alive during these hard times, the more cowardly it looks on the main heroes (Obi Wan, Yoda, Quinlan Vos) for hiding out and dying off without every trying to stop the empire from turning into the force it is by the time ANH begins. All I'm saying, I guess, is if Mace Windu could overpower Palpatine by himself, then Yoda and Obi Wan could have atleast tried.

And maybe I need to rewatch the fight, but didn't Yoda and Palpatine spend most of the time force throwing those senate things at each other? And they both knocked each other down, but Yoda slipped off his and just fell all the way to the ground? If thats correct then to me that's not really being outmatched. :thud:

That is a good point. But didn't Yoda just find Palpatine right before that all by himself easily? I don't quite remember...

Yeah, they could have. I just think the more force users we find out are alive during these hard times, the more cowardly it looks on the main heroes (Obi Wan, Yoda, Quinlan Vos) for hiding out and dying off without every trying to stop the empire from turning into the force it is by the time ANH begins. All I'm saying, I guess, is if Mace Windu could overpower Palpatine by himself, then Yoda and Obi Wan could have atleast tried.

And maybe I need to rewatch the fight, but didn't Yoda and Palpatine spend most of the time force throwing those senate things at each other? And they both knocked each other down, but Yoda slipped off his and just fell all the way to the ground? If thats correct then to me that's not really being outmatched. :thud:

:lol Yoda did indeed kind of sneak in to find Palpatine....so I suppose it's possibly that Yoda/Obi-Wan could have done that.

As for the Yoda/Palpatine fight...I think Lucas purposely left it ambiguous just to show that neither of them had the upper hand and that they were equally matched.

No, I left them out because we obviously know what happens to them, obviously. They ran away and went into hiding, despite killing Dooku and thinking Darth Vader is a chopped up corpse on Mustafar. So, for twenty or so years, Yoda and Obi Wan are so irrelevant to the story and to the rise of the empire, that they might as well be dead. Now if their are going to be 10 other powerful warriors out there, or jedi, or fallen acolytes or whatnot (which their are because you have Rohm Kota and a few others out there), and nobody decided to band together to stop Palpatine especially when he was vulnerable (instead years and years after), I just think its a lame cop out. But clearly, some of you think that Star Wars is more well-written than I do.

And THIS is why the political intrigue of the prequel/CW era is so important, no matter how much fanboys may decry it. Palpatine (and by extension Vader) get a strangle hold on the Galaxy by destabilizing the galactic infrastructure and balance of power, slaughtering anyone who may prove a counterbalance to the Republic/Empire. Palpatine subtly casts enough doubt and suspicion on the Jedi (who are, by their very nature, kinda mysterious and spooky to the average Joe) to make it seem like they have a secret aganda. I don't think most lay people even get or care about the difference between the Jedi and Sith. I wish they had left that deleted scene in ROTS where Padme wants to approach the Jedi about the Chancellor's abuse of power, but the other Senators are fearful to do so, because they "really don't know where the Jedi fit into all this".

Palpatine has created an atmosphere of paranoia so great that even questioning him equates to being a 'Separatist'. He then stages it to look like the Jedi have attempted a coup d'etat at the Republic's most vulnerable hour and even Anakin buys into it, because he so distrusts the Jedi (which the CW has begun to set up nicely in season 4). Of the Jedi who are not wiped out immediately by Order 66 or Vader, the rest are now public enemy #1 and I'm sure that anyone caught aiding and abetting them would be dealt with severely. Thanks to Organa, Yoda has one last crack at Palpatine before the Emperor can shore up his security net and seal off Coruscant forever - and Yoda blows it. He doesn't exactly lose, but he doesn't win, and that's what matters.

This whole scheme has been decades in the making ("So...the Clone Wars have started without me...") and it will be decades more before the average citizen figures out how badly they've been had. Between Palpatine's command of the Dark Side, having the chosen one at his side, and the entire might of the Empire in his pocket, no one is gonna go after him directly (except Starkiller, and look at what happens to him!) The best anyone can do is lay low and hope one of Anakin's kids can get a window of opportunity to make a difference - which, coincidentally, is what happens.

And THIS is why the political intrigue of the prequel/CW era is so important, no matter how much fanboys may decry it. Palpatine (and by extension Vader) get a strangle hold on the Galaxy by destabilizing the galactic infrastructure and balance of power, slaughtering anyone who may prove a counterbalance to the Republic/Empire. Palpatine subtly casts enough doubt and suspicion on the Jedi (who are, by their very nature, kinda mysterious and spooky to the average Joe) to make it seem like they have a secret aganda. I don't think most lay people even get or care about the difference between the Jedi and Sith. I wish they had left that deleted scene in ROTS where Padme wants to approach the Jedi about the Chancellor's abuse of power, but the other Senators are fearful to do so, because they "really don't know where the Jedi fit into all this".

Palpatine has created an atmosphere of paranoia so great that even questioning him equates to being a 'Separatist'. He then stages it to look like the Jedi have attempted a coup d'etat at the Republic's most vulnerable hour and even Anakin buys into it, because he so distrusts the Jedi (which the CW has begun to set up nicely in season 4). Of the Jedi who are not wiped out immediately by Order 66 or Vader, the rest are now public enemy #1 and I'm sure that anyone caught aiding and abetting them would be dealt with severely. Thanks to Organa, Yoda has one last crack at Palpatine before the Emperor can shore up his security net and seal off Coruscant forever - and Yoda blows it. He doesn't exactly lose, but he doesn't win, and that's what matters.

This whole scheme has been decades in the making ("So...the Clone Wars have started without me...") and it will be decades more before the average citizen figures out how badly they've been had. Between Palpatine's command of the Dark Side, having the chosen one at his side, and the entire might of the Empire in his pocket, no one is gonna go after him directly (except Starkiller, and look at what happens to him!) The best anyone can do is lay low and hope one of Anakin's kids can get a window of opportunity to make a difference - which, coincidentally, is what happens.

I can agree with that. After Order 66...Palpatine may arguably may or may not be the most powerful Force User in the galaxy, but he WAS the most powerful PERSON in the galaxy. That would probably make it a wee bit tougher to take him down. :lol

Good post.

On a sidenote, I would have loved to see Starkiller and Palpatine go at it for a while longer without Starkiller having to sacrifice himself to save his peeps. Read on wookiepedia that he's one of the strongest force users ever, and is the photo-negative of Luke Skywalker. He was a beast....too bad the sequel was so terrible.

I would also think any Jedi left alive have little clue if any what other Jedi are still alive. A surviving Jedi would have to have a foolproof plan and be pretty confident about it because they know if they failed the chances of unseating Palpatine would go from nil to none. So I would think most would wait it out for either anti-Jedi sentiment to die down or a perfect opportunity presented itself.
I got the impression in ROTS that Palpatine knew there were quite a few Jedi that may have survived Order 66 so they had the communications equipment at the Jedi Temple call stray Jedi home. When Obi-Wan reversed the signal he must have thought scattering them to the wind was better than leading them into a trap.

I would also think any Jedi left alive have little clue if any what other Jedi are still alive. A surviving Jedi would have to have a foolproof plan and be pretty confident about it because they know if they failed the chances of unseating Palpatine would go from nil to none. So I would think most would wait it out for either anti-Jedi sentiment to die down or a perfect opportunity presented itself.
I got the impression in ROTS that Palpatine knew there were quite a few Jedi that may have survived Order 66 so they had the communications equipment at the Jedi Temple call stray Jedi home. When Obi-Wan reversed the signal he must have thought scattering them to the wind was better than leading them into a trap.

Agreed. And the Jedi scattered and alone throughout the galaxy wasn't that much of a threat to him once he became the Emperor. I'm sure their were Jedi incidents (like Starkiller) from time-to-time, but he had Vader and the stormtrooper army. Like Qui-Gon said "we [Jedi] can't fight a war."

Last edited:
i suppose the idea of the chosen one needed to balance to the force may have dissuaded any Jedi stragglers… it certainly kept Obi Wan patient with his eye on the prize.

The novelizations paint a different picture altogether than what was portrayed on the screen, and really show how much is out of their hands and rests with the "will of the Force". Yoda owns Dooku in their AOTC battle and in the ROTS battle with Sidious they are evenly matched until the shock troopers show up. Palpatine's true power rests in his ability to deceive and manipulate public opinion. He created the crisis and then played on fears, all the while coming across as the "good" guy. He gradually gains more and more power and the people are too gullible. By the time they wake up its too late. At that point its only the will of the Force that saves the galaxy.

Well, both are not true. In the EU, Palpy and Vader are the only True SITH in the galaxy, but they have plenty of force users and Sith Acolytes around them(Mara Jade for example). There were even rumors that Palpy's Red Imperial Guards are brainwashed force users doing Palpy's bidding.

Even with Obi-Wan and Yoda, they weren't the only Jedi left; there were plenty of them hiding around in the galaxy, unable to do anything about Palpy.

I do not remember his name, I have the them as a 3.5 figure. There was a set of twines that where Imperial Guards, only they had black and red. One was bad (or good?) and the other was good or bad. Both could use the force, only they where not brainwashed. Found them in the comic packs at the time.

I do not remember his name, I have the them as a 3.5 figure. There was a set of twines that where Imperial Guards, only they had black and red. One was bad (or good?) and the other was good or bad. Both could use the force, only they where not brainwashed. Found them in the comic packs at the time.

Kir Kanos and Carnor Jax???

Kir Kanos and Carnor Jax???

That is them, they both could use the Force. I thought they where twins? I'm looking at the 3.5 of them and they are both black and red. I know I can Google it but one try's or does kill the clone empire and the other kills him.

Me, I just thought both their armors look really cool.

if I recall correctly Carnor Jax either attempts regicide or attempts to take over a vacant throne...I'm not too familiar with their backstory though

if I recall correctly Carnor Jax either attempts regicide or attempts to take over a vacant throne...I'm not too familiar with their backstory though

Sorry for going OT but to put a end to this "LINK"

I would like to see the Clone wars give these guys some kind of story. They where the Royal guards of the Emperor i(Blue, Red, these guys) and yet they seem to be no more then a joke. I mean alest the stormtroopers got to kill some teddy bears before having their butts hand to them.

Carnor Jax black and red armor looks so sweet..I wouldn't mind seeing SSC make an attempt at that armor in 1/6th or PF form...heck even a diorama with that exact pose pictured would be sweet.

Carnor Jax black and red armor looks so sweet..I wouldn't mind seeing SSC make an attempt at that armor in 1/6th or PF form...heck even a diorama with that exact pose pictured would be sweet.

If you or anyone else would like to see what the 3.5 look like I can post a picture of them. They have the training ones (4 of them), the ones that you can fine online, and one that is full black. These guys are bad ass.

If I do this, I will make a new Message as this really is not about the clone wars and I have been off topic alot about this.

Let me know.

don't know if this has been discussed, but the Father, the daughter and thee son from the clone warts series, show up again, and e fleshed out a bit more in thee current novel series, which ends with apocalypse.

Back