Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, Maul with two mechanical legs in next weeks preview looks totally badass. Like you guys, I'm hoping they give a good explanation for how he survived.

A friend and I were wondering how he got to that planet in the first place. We were thinking maybe he fell down that pit and into a garbage bin and got shipped there when Naboo had their garbage day? LOVED that planet!

And I'm thinking, like Tetsuo from Akira, who replaced his missing arm using his mind and the junk surrounding him, that Maul made that body the same way?

You see, Spartan Rex, its kinda fun NOT knowing the how's and why's at first, so try come up with how Maul got this way and survived until its maybe revealed later.

My question, how the heck did Obi-Wan know Maul's name? Did Nute Gunray tell the Jedi when he was arrested?

And I eagerly await next weeks episode! :yess:

My question, how the heck did Obi-Wan know Maul's name? Did Nute Gunray tell the Jedi when he was arrested?

That type of question is paired with how did Savage Opress get Sith tattoos all over his body without being a Sith; as Zabraks are pure red and the black on Maul were Sith tattoos, yet Savage had them already before he become Sith........these types of questions I guess shouldn't be asked :lol:lol:lol:lol

Maul is dead. I'm sorry, but getting sliced in half at the waist is fatal, even in the SW universe. Not to mention the fall.
Lucas was quoted as having him cut in half specifically so no-one could bring him back, yet he does it himself!

Apparently creating a yellow Darth Maul wasn't enough.

:lol @ all the freaks talking about the impossibility of Maul yet ignoring the complete lack of physics even lightsabers have. It's called "fantasy" for a reason, people. :lol

But as the episode went on, the imagery of a serpent leading a horned man across a planet that looks like hell, I got what they were doing. It hit upon lots of achetypes, so I decided I liked him better, just wished he communicated via telepathy or something, watching him talk was a little too cutesy for an episode this dark.

Very cool point.

That type of question is paired with how did Savage Opress get Sith tattoos all over his body without being a Sith; as Zabraks are pure red and the black on Maul were Sith tattoos, yet Savage had them already before he become Sith........these types of questions I guess shouldn't be asked :lol:lol:lol:lol

Seems to me that Savage Opress has tribal tattoos along with his brothers in the village. Maul's are called Sith tattoos. People on Earth walk around with all different kinds of tattoos all the time, I don't understand the issue people have with other zabraks having tattoos. Not every tattoo is "sith".

And zabraks seem to range in color. Some are red. The first zabrak we ever seen, in A New Hope, was brown. The zabrak jedi in Old Republic was brown, definitely not red. And they had no tattoos.

The trash planet probably wasn't Raxus Prime because the Clone Wars EU has already visited there. In the game that came out just after AOTC, there's several missions that involve Raxus Prime, and one can only assume there are Republic Troops there. Maul was meant to be hiding somewhere no one would find him.

Seems to me that Savage Opress has tribal tattoos along with his brothers in the village. Maul's are called Sith tattoos. People on Earth walk around with all different kinds of tattoos all the time, I don't understand the issue people have with other zabraks having tattoos. Not every tattoo is "sith".
Yeah, but they don't just have completely random tattoos..they have tattos that are in the exact same style as Maul's.
They don't have american flags or skulls tattooed on their arms..they have these strange patterns very reminiscent of Mauls, all over their bodies...like Maul.

Maul:

ababbbb.jpg.size-300_maxheight-300_square-true.jpg

Savage:

Review_SavageOpressShirtlessTCW_stillA.JPG

I think I read that the Zabrak/Dathomir witch/Ratattaki are very close to the dark side, to the sith..that could explain the tattoos, idunno.

And zabraks seem to range in color. Some are red. The first zabrak we ever seen, in A New Hope, was brown. The zabrak jedi in Old Republic was brown, definitely not red. And they had no tattoos.
There was a Zabrak in A New Hope? I thought Maul was the first Zabrak we see..

But yeah..Maul = red, Agen Kolar = dark brown, Eeth Koth = light brown..
Then we have Savage who seems to be yellow, Jedi in the Star Wars: The Old Republic trailer "Return" is white, etc..

Yeah, but they don't just have completely random tattoos..they have tattos that are in the exact same style as Maul's.
They don't have american flags or skulls tattooed on their arms..they have these strange patterns very reminiscent of Mauls, all over their bodies...like Maul.

Maul:

ababbbb.jpg.size-300_maxheight-300_square-true.jpg

Savage:

Review_SavageOpressShirtlessTCW_stillA.JPG

I think I read that the Zabrak/Dathomir witch/Ratattaki are very close to the dark side, to the sith..that could explain the tattoos, idunno.

There was a Zabrak in A New Hope? I thought Maul was the first Zabrak we see..

But yeah..Maul = red, Agen Kolar = dark brown, Eeth Koth = light brown..
Then we have Savage who seems to be yellow, Jedi in the Star Wars: The Old Republic trailer "Return" is white, etc..

I know but the point I was trying to make is that there are still differences. Yes, they don't have skulls or American flags because they are popular in American culture. A citizen in the United States could be covered in traditional tribal tattoo and it could look just as intricate. Then you have someone who is covered in Samoan tribal tattoo, which can look similar in some aspects but still different. Maul's tattoo's are more intricate, and could be more influenced from Sith design (at which case the point may even be moot because I think Clone Wars has retconned it so that Maul's tattoos are simply tribal tattoos like Opress and never were actually "sith"). There's no reason why the tribal tattoos of the Dathomir zabraks wouldn't appear similar. I'm assuming that, just like here on Earth, the sith tattoos and the tribal markings of the warriors, come from ancient historical markings. But again, it appears Maul's tattoos aren't even sith so they would look just like Savage's.

And I thought there was a zabrak sitting in the cantina on Tatooine with a drink in his hand, but that could just be an example of shotty memory. But there's also a jedi on the council who is zabrak and she's brown, but I don't know her name. And the zabrak bounty hunter in the Clone Wars cartoon, who first appeared with Embo in season 2 I believe where they had to save the farmers from the pirates. She was a very light brown. Maybe different regions or villages of zabraks range in skin color like humans do.

I think it's pretty obvious that the witches of Dathomir -particularly Mother Talzin - wield the dark side of the Force, in a slightly different way than the Sith, and they refer to it as Magick. It seems to me that the witches and the Sith may have some sort of shared history, but a rift arose between them at one point. The witches became more neutral, while the Sith chose to become evil in their pursuit of power. The witches also seem to "own" the men of Dathomir, so maybe it should come as no surprise that these Zabrak have tribal tattoos that incorporate Sith design. There is absoutely a deeper story to the witches, but who knows if it'll be told on the CW series? Right now, I'm enjoying the mystery surrounding Mother Talzin. She does seem to have her own agenda, doesn't she?

The first Zabrak (besides Maul) we see is in The Phantom Menace, and he is brown (Eeth Koth). The second Zabrak we meet, Agen Kolar, is even darker brown. Zabraks seem to have similar skin color palettes as human beings.

I'm not sure if I was watching SW or The Mummy 2 When Maul came scrambling about. Final arc looks good but is too short IMO. As for the finale two leg Maul looks ten times better than Spiderman Maul and I am hoping the explosion we see in the preview isn't some lame death of Rex.

The first Zabrak (besides Maul) we see is in The Phantom Menace, and he is brown (Eeth Koth). The second Zabrak we meet, Agen Kolar, is even darker brown. Zabraks seem to have similar skin color palettes as human beings.

we were also blessed with a pale white Zabrak in Maris Brood.

Grievous was deliberately blown up and immediately reassembled. Vader was barely alive till Palpatine showed up with medical attention. Maul gets sliced in half, tumbles down a bottomless pit (whacking his head on the way) and survives. The Jedi sense his return, but not the fact he survived, or the fact there is a Sith Lord in their very midst.
Hell at the rate at which we are expected to suspend disbelief, the emperor will be reassembling his molecules for a return to take out Luke.
This is the whole problem with most science fiction in that it always goes too far.

Why is Ventress still hanging at the cantina with the bounty hunters, thought she moved on.

I actually got the impression that they were together; together as in dating. I know it's a kid show but the way they acted seemed a bit more like a lover wondering why her partner was worried more than just two buddies talking.

I liked the trash planet and especially the mech-Jawa things. I kept thinking the planet was Ord Mantell but they never said it.

I'm not sure if I was watching SW or The Mummy 2 When Maul came scrambling about. Final arc looks good but is too short IMO. As for the finale two leg Maul looks ten times better than Spiderman Maul and I am hoping the explosion we see in the preview isn't some lame death of Rex.

I doubt they'd kill Rex off just like that. Ive only seem the preview once and I could've sworn that clip was from the Umbara arc but I'll have to double check.

Back