Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars (SPOILERS)

Yeah the time slot is screwy but I figure its because of the violence. What's strange is that the repeats are on at earlier times.

Its also got a pretty clear parental warning... I really like the show, sure its kid-oriented, but still fun to watch. And I really love the animation and how everything looks like a painting.

Other than the dialogue of the battle droids, I don't see anything more childish in this series than the movies. I'm amazed they have the Clones swear at times, even though hell's about as non-swear as you get these days, still strange to watch a semi-children's cartoon where a guy shouts "what the hell was that!"

This isn't a bad show at all. I like the battledroids.

Can't wait for the live action series. Hope THAT is not too childish, but it shouldn't be as hardcore as the new Battlestar Galactica either.

Other than the dialogue of the battle droids, I don't see anything more childish in this series than the movies. I'm amazed they have the Clones swear at times, even though hell's about as non-swear as you get these days, still strange to watch a semi-children's cartoon where a guy shouts "what the hell was that!"

Makes me wonder what the Star Wars universes' origin of "Hell" is.
Is that where Sith go when they die?Maybe its where the first Sith came from.
Is it some hot planets name with horned beings with pointy tails? I guess "...what the Mustufar was that?" doesnt roll off the tongue as well as hell.:devil

Other than the dialogue of the battle droids, I don't see anything more childish in this series than the movies.

Than the PT movies maybe (perhaps the Ewoks of ROTJ); Ashoka is pretty lame - certainly a Hannah Montana vibe, and my 7 year-old daughter was the first to note that. :monkey1

Than the PT movies maybe (perhaps the Ewoks of ROTJ); Ashoka is pretty lame - certainly a Hannah Montana vibe, and my 7 year-old daughter was the first to note that. :monkey1

I like Ashoka. She's feisty. :)

I finally picked up a copy of the movie when I picked up TDK. I actually enjoyed the movie, too bad there was no action with Yoda, Windu and Grevious.

The episode with Kit Fisto and his former student was pretty damn cool... Each episode feels fairly similar to the last, but its still a lot of fun to watch.

I miss the General Grievous from the old Clone Wars cartoons. The one that fought like a demon and terrified the jedi. The Snidley Whiplash with emphyzema version is useless.

Kit Fisto has an accent?

He already has the dreads, so I guess it's fair enough...

Really liked the Fisto episode but h8 that we have to wait til 1/2 for the next episode

Good episode but dont they ever vet these padawans?
Seems like every one of them cant obey,exhibit self control and not seek revenge.
How do they get so far along?
Youd think somewhere in the process theyd have a quarterly performance evaluation by a superior. Geez.
" Yeeeeah, Id like to promote you but you keep giving into anger so um yeeeah sorry thanks
will see next quarter if youre still alive. Tell Anakin to come in on your way out."

Well, going by Anakin's promotion to Jedi Knight in the first series, it seems the Jedi are quick to promote students in order to cover more ground with the clone armies in the war.

Well, going by Anakin's promotion to Jedi Knight in the first series, it seems the Jedi are quick to promote students in order to cover more ground with the clone armies in the war.

That's my guess as well... due to the Clone Wars they are cranking out Jedi's who might not be quite up to the task.

I miss the General Grievous from the old Clone Wars cartoons. The one that fought like a demon and terrified the jedi. The Snidley Whiplash with emphyzema version is useless.

This is bothering me as it's in the Clone Wars cartoon that Mace Windu force chokes and crushes him (when he's kidnapping Palpatine that leads directly into ROTS) which causes his wheezing and coughing--- Why is he constantly doing it now?:confused:

This is bothering me as it's in the Clone Wars cartoon that Mace Windu force chokes and crushes him (when he's kidnapping Palpatine that leads directly into ROTS) which causes his wheezing and coughing--- Why is he constantly doing it now?:confused:

It's poor construction of his cyborg parts that make him cough, Mace just made it worse...

It's poor construction of his cyborg parts that make him cough, Mace just made it worse...

That's what I figured-- But as he never coughed in the cartoon I don't like the change in this new animated series... I to miss the jedi-killing baddass...

Unfortunately, at the time of the first CW, all they really had was Grievous' visual design worked out in sketch, so Tartakovsky had a lot of freedom creating the character. Even in season 2 Grievous was toned down from the first season.

I like that the new Clone Wars keeps things as grounded in reality as the movies. The one thing I hated about the CN series was the extreme things people could do, like Obi-Wan and Windu jumping almost miles at a time.

Back