Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars (SPOILERS)

That just makes it all the more jarring. Why the hell are the jedi being so open-minded all of a sudden?

RIGHT! Sometimes these little additions to the whole saga just obliterate the continuem (sp?) and that's why you get so much hate about the EU...and there are a lot of good stories in the EU. BUt when they step on what would make sense according to movie cannon, it just seems silly sometimes.

And I agree, Ahsoka is kinda worse than Jar Jar...at least just as bad. She killed the movie for me and I was really looking forward to seeing her in action. Of all the new character designs, I liked her the most. I still like the design of her character but I can't stand her character as a whole.

Speaking of continuity in SW, I've got a question:

Didn't Grievious and Anakin confront each other in this series? (I think they have, if I'm wrong someone correct me)

If they did, why are they acting like it's their first meeting at the beginning of Episode III? I'm hoping someone could piece this together for me.

Yes, I am a Star Wars nerd!:monkey3

Speaking of continuity in SW, I've got a question:

Didn't Grievious and Anakin confront each other in this series? (I think they have, if I'm wrong someone correct me)If they did, why are they acting like it's their first meeting at the beginning of Episode III? I'm hoping someone could piece this together for me.

Yes, I am a Star Wars nerd!:monkey3

No, they never have (yet) and that's what's problematic about this series. Anakina and Grievous can never come face to face (that's not going to happen until the beginning of ROTS).

Grievious and Anakin haven't confronted each other...

are the Jedi being open minded? only after Ahsoka proves them wrong are they able to see their limits... i think it is a great message to send the kids... go with one's gut and question authority...

....okay, but not in every episode she appears in! This girl needs some humility....some instances where she isn't right so she can learn something for a change. Last I heard, she was still a Padawan, right?

I don't mind a little positive re-enforcement for the younglings, but some other life lessons that might actually generate some discussion with thier folks wouldn't be bad either.

I'm still hoping to see more episodes centered on other characters than the main ones...and it would be cool to have a few centered on Anakin and Obi-Wan working together again (without Asoka), just to give us more of what was lost between them by the time of ROTS...

"Ambush" was a good episode I thought.
Yoda showed why he's top jedi dog.
But I wish the battle droids werent so friggin stupid.
Its not even comical stupid which is what theyre trying for.
The Jar Jar episode was cringe worthy.
Its also difficult too understand how it was so easy for the clone cmdrs too turn on the Jedi Generals when Order 66 is given.
Especially after the Jedi save their bacon time and again. Soldiers bond on the battlefield, are you going to turn on your Gen.
who saved your life a few times just because some smarmy politician says you should?

Good last post Jedibear.

Last edited:

Lets put it this way: Who among us doesn't think they are more wise now than when they were twelve?
Who among us knows a tween that sees more of the big picture than we do?

"Ambush" was a good episode I thought.
Yoda showed why he's top jedi dog.
But I wish the battle droids werent so friggin stupid.
Its not even comical stupid which is what theyre trying for.
The Jar Jar episode was cringe worthy.
Its also difficult too understand how it was so easy for the clone cmdrs too turn on the Jedi Generals when Order 66 is given.
Especially after the Jedi save their bacon time and again. Soldiers bond on the battlefield, are you going to turn on your Gen.
who saved your life a few times just because some smarmy politician says you should?

Good last post Jedibear.

This brings up a good point. In the Clone Wars, we see how each clone seems to have his own personality traits. They are not nearly as robotic as in the films. Would they have turned on them so easily?

This brings up a good point. In the Clone Wars, we see how each clone seems to have his own personality traits. They are not nearly as robotic as in the films. Would they have turned on them so easily?

They have been conditioned and "programmed" to follow orders. It is hard-wired in their clone brains. When Order 66 comes down, they actually believe the Jedi have betrayed the Republic.

They have been conditioned and "programmed" to follow orders. It is hard-wired in their clone brains. When Order 66 comes down, they actually believe the Jedi have betrayed the Republic.

Meh.
I still wouldnt care especially without proof. At the least Id give em an hr headstart. "Sorry chancellor, I guess he pulled a jedi mind trick on me...yeah, thats the ticket.":rolleyes:

Remember the Cody/ Kenobi scene?
Cody:Heres your saber back sir..nice job takin' down Grievous.
OB1:Oh thanks Cody buddy
Cody:'scuze me Gen. Ive to take this long distance hologram from Chancellor ****** bag...
OB1: Cool, my rides waitin'
Chancellor *********: Yeah, hey waz up ? I need you to kill any Jedi you see cuz thats how the Republic rolls now 'kay.
Cody:Blast that %$@$%!* Jedi !!!

Dont buy it.

Last edited:

Meh.
I still wouldnt care especially without proof. At the least Id give em an hr headstart. "Sorry chancellor, I guess he pulled a jedi mind trick on me...yeah, thats the ticket.":rolleyes:

Remember the Cody/ Kenobi scene?
Cody:Heres your saber back sir..nice job takin' down Grievous.
OB1:Oh thanks Cody buddy
Cody:'scuze me Gen. Ive to take this long distance hologram from Chancellor ****** bag...
OB1: Cool, my rides waitin'
Chancellor *********: Yeah, hey waz up ? I need you to kill any Jedi you see cuz thats how the Republic rolls now 'kay.
Cody:Blast that %$@$%!* Jedi !!!

Dont buy it.

Didn't you watch The Naked Gun?

nakedgun2.jpg

It's a lot like the watch that makes people want to assassinate the queen.

I just watched this weeks episode... It was one of the best yet. I'm glad they gave the Asajj story to Paul Dini. Anyone know how many more episodes he's written, if any?

Wow. That sounds like about the worst thing ever. :horror

Be glad you did not have to sit and watch it with your children as I did.....be very glad.

Maybe we will not get another Jar Jar heavy episode for a long time, a very, very long time.

Sounds like I'm missing a pretty good series. I haven't been able to watch it since the fourth episode.

Wow. That sounds like about the worst thing ever. :horror

I can't stomach the show, I tried but couldn't; the "zany" droids etc, just are waaay too over the top. My kids like it, but it is on too late for them; being only 6 and 7. It is certainly played to their age group; but put on at an odd timeslot. :sick

Yeah the time slot is screwy but I figure its because of the violence. What's strange is that the repeats are on at earlier times.

Back