Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars (SPOILERS)

It's pretty clear that in Lucas' mind kids only find stupid slapstick and bathroom humor funny. :rolleyes:

The battle droids are getting dumber and it seems that they have jar jar blinks in their programming
he's gonna be on the show!
i like it when he makes fans mad. i think he's Lucas' way of getting back at all the 40-year-old nerds who have been writing hate mail about ewoks for 20 years.
________
WALTER P. CHRYSLER MUSEUM SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited:

he's gonna be on the show!
i like it when he makes fans mad. i think he's Lucas' way of getting back at all the 40-year-old nerds who have been writing hate mail about ewoks for 20 years.

haha, that may be true!
Now picture this, what if Jar Jar & the Ewoks are all gonna show up on the clone wars series???

haha, that may be true!
Now picture this, what if Jar Jar & the Ewoks are all gonna show up on the clone wars series???
i hope that happens on the same episode and i hope i have a heart attack right at the end credits.
because there will never be a more awesome moment in my life after that and i want to go out happy.
my epitaph will be "He was right about Jar Jar. Take THAT, nerds!--George Lucas."
________
Big Air

Last edited:

i hope that happens on the same episode and i hope i have a heart attack right at the end credits.
because there will never be a more awesome moment in my life after that and i want to go out happy.
my epitaph will be "He was right about Jar Jar. Take THAT, nerds!--George Lucas."

That would be the day I execute functiom ctrl slash KILL...

I think the battle droids are pretty much the worst thing about this show...

But then again, it's for kids...

It's pretty clear that in Lucas' mind kids only find stupid slapstick and bathroom humor funny. :rolleyes:

Based on this week's episodes, I think this show isn't directed exclusively at kids. For example, the clones getting blown out into space in the second episode was pretty graphic for a "cartoon". Again, it all depends on how involved GL is in this project.

Based on this week's episodes, I think this show isn't directed exclusively at kids. For example, the clones getting blown out into space in the second episode was pretty graphic for a "cartoon". Again, it all depends on how involved GL is in this project.

Not to mention the airtime. The age of a child I could see the kiddy humor being aimed at, I'm sure many parents wouldn't let stay up until 9:30 to watch a cartoon, unless this is also airing at a more child-friendly time slot too.

I watched both episodes with my kids and they went through a full range of emotions. They were laughing at the bickering droids and were thoughtful and reserved when clones were killed.

I liked the battles droids, thought they were funny and simple which is why the clones were created. Really liked the one which was huming the imperial march bet most star wars fans hated that.

I thought that it felt like star wars, how i remember it when i was a kid.

the show is aimed for the kid in each of us and so far, i am digging it.

Not to mention the airtime. The age of a child I could see the kiddy humor being aimed at, I'm sure many parents wouldn't let stay up until 9:30 to watch a cartoon, unless this is also airing at a more child-friendly time slot too.

Yeah we had to TiVo for my 6 year old.

In Canada it's airing at 7pm (at least where I am)... Of course, that's two days later on Sunday--but still...

I just got around to watching the first two episodes and actually enjoyed them a lot (with the exception of the dumb battle droids). The scene with Yoda in the cave was by far my favorite moment. It really added some weight to the episode. And I was surprised by the death of the clones in the second episode. I really didn't expect to see that.

I wish I had Cartoon Network in HD. Sometimes the animation looks a little too soft and muddy to me.

I typically like the battledroid behavior, but this was just slightly over the top.

I wish I had Cartoon Network in HD. Sometimes the animation looks a little too soft and muddy to me.

This show pushed me over the edge into getting Satelite. I've been making due with HD cable services, but as soon as I learned I could have watched the show in HD I was ready to change :lol

This show pushed me over the edge into getting Satelite. I've been making due with HD cable services, but as soon as I learned I could have watched the show in HD I was ready to change :lol
bittorrent is the only way to go for tv.
no commercials. free hd.
________
Easy Vape Review

Last edited:

I thought the two episodes were entertaining for what they were. I didn't see the movie, so I can't compare them.

I'll watch future episodes though.

Pros:

I enjoyed Yoda and the clone bits.

The Super Battle Droid's voices were a deeper tone ( :cool: ) which really imo should of been in the live action movies.

but......

The regular Battle droids had me cringing every time they spoke and pretty much everytime they had screen time.

I understand this is aimed at the younger generation; however, when did SW become Looney Tunes. I was waiting to see an Acme label :monkey3

Personal opinion is that they should have just launched the CW movie as the TV premiere. I've talked to a great number of people who weren't particularly keen on the movie when they saw it in theaters, but watching it in the context of the series, as one particular episode, they actually find it more palatable.

Still, I like the plots of the episodes more so than the movie. It seems the episodes are largely going to have ongoing plots rather than a different adventure episode to episode. This story with the Confederacy warship equipped with an ion cannon is a splendid surprise. I like how the eerie vermilion glow from the planet bathes the ship, gives it a really tangible, predatory menace. Also, I really appreciate how, while Dooku may not look that intimidating compared to Grievous, Grievous still becomes tremulous when delivering bad news to the Count, and how all the droids froze as Grievous obviously disappointed the Sith Lord.

Can't wait to see what they do with the Kamino Battle!

Back