Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars (SPOILERS)

No, Watto is the Jewish/Middle Eastern Merchant stereotype.

Ah, you're right... Watto is a bit closer, never got the Asian thing from the Trade Federation. But at least I now know what people get wadded-up about :lol

And Jar Jar got in trouble for being gay, too. It's idiotic. People who want to be offended will find things to be offended by.

Jar-Jar was never tagged as being gay, or else you wouldn't be reading the "Ziro, Star Wars' first gay character" headlining everything. He was the Jamaican Stereotype, just like Nute Gunray and the Trade were the Asian. Really....looking back I shouldn't have been so surprised that any stereotypes were used.

I remember being in the theater watching those opening scenes of TPM and just sitting there in disbelief when the Trade guys started talking. The only things missing were buck teeth, coke bottle glasses and a gong. Dun dun - dun dun - dun dun- dun dun dun.

Man, I just don't give SW as much thought as some of you I suppose. :lol

2008-08-18-ziro-the-gay-hutt.jpg

That is classic! :rotfl :lol :rotfl

Oh yeah the Trade Fed is certainly Asian, esp the dude who remarks about their shields being taken out. :emperor

wtf? just checked out Clone Wars and Anakin was potrayed as a stereotypical white dude! bloody Lucas!

wtf? just checked out Clone Wars and Anakin was potrayed as a stereotypical white dude! y Lucas!

Hmmm, most don't find that all too offensive though, yeah? :confused:

I am particularly offended however by Lucas' interpretation of 8 year-olds ----------- yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :banana

I don't think that Ziro is the first ^^^^-muppet..

supergrover.jpg

152F~Sesame-Street-Elmo-Loves-You-Posters.jpg

The funny thing is watching and reading this film be completely dismantled and destroyed by various folks on the net has begun to make me an apologist. I've started to post and focus on what was good about the film......there was a few really good parts....I wonder if too much negativity will cause that effect to occur with more folks?

i was actually surprised by the "film"... obviously made with love (thermal detonators... IG droid... Weequay) for the kids in all of us.

The funny thing is watching and reading this film be completely dismantled and destroyed by various folks on the net has begun to make me an apologist. I've started to post and focus on what was good about the film......there was a few really good parts....I wonder if too much negativity will cause that effect to occur with more folks?

I think with anything SW there is so much negativity (and some is deserved) that it is very easy to feel like an apologist. One of the reason this form can get pretty ridiculous when figures first arrive in hand.

Watched again today for the second time and this time around I really didn't find Ahsoka that bratty--- When she's with Obi and Yoda she's timid with eyes down (part of that might have been her partial failure to listen when her master tried to take out the shield generator) and really her "tweeny" brat stuff is pretty much completely with Anakin, and there's a bit of a jedi crush happening there which might explain why she acts the way that she does.:inlove

Ziro's voice/personality make him seem weak (as comparison to Jabba's enormous bellow) and while I still wish he spoke only Hutt (maybe with a ridiculous translator) I didn't mind him as much the second time. I actually liked some of the music more the second time-- The swell of music at the beginning when Anakin's about to jump on top of the massive droid walkers and also the guitar licks as Anakin/Rex/etc. are entering the "abandoned" monastery.

The fight scenes were again well done and it's obivous that you're watching multiple "episodes" with one major battle in each one-- but that's just what you have to accept. It's the first few episodes in a new animated series-- if you buy into that (and realize that they're trying to pull in new fans while us old fuddy duddies get older and yet they're still trying to incorporate those elements that we liked to "appease" us... well, some of us:D) then you'll probably enjoy it.

I remember being less bothered by Jar Jar the 2nd time I saw TPM... sometimes the initial shock of something is hard to get over, but with repeated viewings its less distracting.

I remember being less bothered by Jar Jar the 2nd time I saw TPM... sometimes the initial shock of something is hard to get over, but with repeated viewings its less distracting.

I think that'll be the case with Ahsoka and Ziro as well. I have to say that even though I enjoyed it the first time I really enjoyed even more upon the second viewing. There were a lot of little homages to the OT for us old guys (jawas, the Millenium Falcon/The Twilight, Jabba's palace...etc) and accepting that it's an animated tale trying to pull in new fans to the SW universe I can accept the other stuff he same way I accepted the podrace and Jar jar almost ten years ago and how my dad must have accepted two oddly paired robots thrity years ago when he took me and my brother to ANH.

About what I expected, but still good to hear it ages well :lol

And getting to see Jawas was kickass :rock

Saw it for the first time today. I really don't see what everyone's problem was. Maybe it was everyone else here that lowered my expectations enough that I could sit back and enjoy it, I don't know.

For one thing, I found the dialogue to be better than most of the PT. I was getting ready to cringe at the Ziro part, and it wasn't that bad. I agree him speaking English as opposed to Huttese was pretty unnecessary, but it wasn't bad. I didn't find Ahsoka annoying, but I do think there needed to be 15-20% less use of nicknames (Artooey, skyguy, stinky, etc). The animation was excellent especially landscapes and vehicles, and the stylized depictions of the characters really grew on me.

I can see how something like this can be polarizing, but I really went into this with the mindset that it was a TV show on the big screen and not Episode 2.5.

Nothing that I complained about initially bothered me when I saw it for the second time today. Nothing. Not even Ziro. Going into the whole scenario informed about what to expect really changed the whole experience for me. I loved this film from beginning to end. A very faithful addition to the Star War franchise. :rock

Back