Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Clone Wars

When Anakin and Obi-Wan meet Grievous in Episode 3,Anakin remarks on Grievous' height,when they've already met in the Clone Wars series.
Can anyone explain this,besides lousy story telling?

When did Anakin meet Grievous??

I believe they've shot at each other in starfighters, but they haven't met each other, been face to face.

Yep, they haven't actually met in the CW and won't because of that line. That is why Obi-wan is the one always fighting Grievous.

When did Anakin meet Grievous??

I believe they've shot at each other in starfighters, but they haven't met each other, been face to face.

:lecture:lecture:lecture They've been very creative in intentionally ensuring this part of continuity remains intact. Hence why Anakin went after Ventress in the second episode (this season) while Obi Wan chased after Grievous.

Yep, they haven't actually met in the CW and won't because of that line. That is why Obi-wan is the one always fighting Grievous.

I'm a little out of touch, but have Obi-Wan and Grievous fought with lightsabers, because the ROTS duel really makes me feel that Obi-Wan has no clue Grievous can duel with sabers.

I'm a little out of touch, but have Obi-Wan and Grievous fought with lightsabers, because the ROTS duel really makes me feel that Obi-Wan has no clue Grievous can duel with sabers.

Grievous wielded sabers against Obi-Wan in Friday's episode.

Pretty cool, although I can see why they probably had to edit it out for tv
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/WE11a9BXe54?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/WE11a9BXe54?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I knew there had to be more to that scene. Strange they have to edit that, yet I assume the kids that would be watching this have seen Anakin deacpitate Dooku and Obi-Wan chop Anakin to pieces and let him catch fire nearly burning to death in the prequels, much more violent stuff.

plus in season one ventress killed i guy from behind in that same manner and it wasn't edited. of course there was no kiss in that one.

Yeah...the kiss might have been cool for adults. But I simply don't see any purpose in giving that scene to kids. In fact, these episodes of CW have me seriously wondering if they are appropriate for kids. Scenes like Aurra Sing trying to get Boba Fett to execute the clone and then executing him herself when Boba wouldn't and then carrying it further by coming down on Boba for it was, in my opinion, just a little raw for kids.

Yeah...the kiss might have been cool for adults. But I simply don't see any purpose in giving that scene to kids. In fact, these episodes of CW have me seriously wondering if they are appropriate for kids. Scenes like Aurra Sing trying to get Boba Fett to execute the clone and then executing him herself when Boba wouldn't and then carrying it further by coming down on Boba for it was, in my opinion, just a little raw for kids.

Your 14+-year-olds must live a very sheltered life. :lol:moon

kids can take it. give them more credit.

it's actually these overly-sensitive parents that's the problem:lol By cutting it out, I'm sure Cartoon Network and LucasFilms just avoided coming into work tomorrow morning to a flood of e-mail complaints, so I can't even blame them for doing what they did

Grievous wielded sabers against Obi-Wan in Friday's episode.

And he even spun them on the ground, just like in ROTS. :rolleyes:

To me, there were always shockingly violent acts on display in Star Wars. I was six years old when I first saw Vader picking a guy up by the throat & choking him to death, which should have set the tone for the entire franchise. It's strange to think that the Clone Wars is being aimed at an even younger audience.

Back