Star Wars in concert!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsjedi

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I just saw a commercial for this concert. I never heard of it before. Since I just bought tickets I was wondering who else is planning to go or if anyone is interested at all. It sounds great, and seems like a great way to spend Sunday afternoon!:banana

A friend and I saw the concert a couple of weeks ago here in Portland, OR. It was very cool! If you are a fan of the John Williams music then you will love it. It was also pretty cool to see Anthony Daniels in person too! It spans all six movies and has music, film clips, laser lights and fire! And the encore was the Imperial March!!!:chew

I saw it a few weeks ago here in Los Angeles. It was good, but not quite as good as I thought it would be. The orchestra was fantastic, and Anthony Daniels' dialog between songs was ok, however it just didn't feature enough of the music, or enough additional content, and the video and lights weren't as impressive as was sold in the advertisements (maybe I'm jaded because I put on concerts all the time).

Perhaps the most annoying thing, or the thing that put me off, was the audience itself- a lot of obnoxious, loud people.

But it's worth seeing if you're into music and film scores.

Sean

Do the film clips feature dialogue or is it just the live music with mute scenes playing behind them?

The film clips did feature some dialog here and there. Which was a little distracting, to be honest (seemed too geared towards kids)- a bit of a cheesy element that could have been left out for my taste.

They made the whole show to tell the story of the 6 films, basically in order. I would have liked it better if it centered more on the music, the music performers, and the art of the film (I've already seen the films, I don't need the stories retold). And more musical pieces from the films would have been welcomed, but that likely wouldn't lend itself to this concept of telling the story with main themes from the score. It did feature one or two odd pieces that weren't main themes, but these were still more iconic and musically interesting pieces from the first film that really couldn't be ignored.

It was cool to see the show, I'm not knocking it, but the real cool thing was to hear the music performed so well, live. Just wish there was more.

Sean

It's been annouced - as you know - as a world tour... this had better include Australia... lol.. I'm wanting to see this so much, I've been watching various clips of it and trailers, im rev'd up..hehe

I was so excited to see this was coming to my neck of the woods in Connecticut. I just went to the site to buy some tickets for my family when they rang up as $85+ fees each. For the WORST seats in the house! Whoa! WTF? I've been going to concerts all my life, and I never once paid that much per ticket to see any band/show/thing. Is this the norm for an event like this? I know my cousin went to see the live LOTR show a few years back for $35 or so. I just went from "HELL YES!" to "SUCK IT, LUCAS!"

Thanks guys. I can't wait to see it. I guess it is just a different way of enjoying what we love:emperor:chew

my wife and I enjoyed it. I do wish I sat closer, but I couldn't afford to sit that close.
also, the arena I saw it at did a poor job guiding people through the various prop displays. there were no lines or anything, just a free for all to get to them.

If the venue is nearby I'd suggest trying to get tickets directly rather than through Ticketmaster. In my case there were 4 classes of tickets from the venue versus only 2 online - including the cheapest ($24.50) which I got. No added fees either.

YEs...this had better come to Australia!!!
Im hanging so bad...looks awesome!!!

I hope too ... I'd love to listen to the live orchestra and narration even from the worst seats at the event.. (Although I'd naturally want better ones..lol). The music and themes are so emotional and would be a memorable experience.

most definately...very emotional!!! To hear Duel of the Fates live would be amazing...but more so Yodas' theme and Princess Leias' theme live would probably bring a tear to my eye,at the least goosebumps!!!

just a great show. live JW is just great. agree with the ok video comment. have fun ** programs are $30 WTF **

Just a quick update. I just got back from the show and it was amazing!!!Even my wife said that she had tears in her eyes at times. Just wonderfully put together. Highly recomended show. I do agree about the programs....30 bucks ...cmon. Besides that a great show:banana

Noticed that it was listed on PBS television last night. I have it coming to Providence in a week or two. Hoping to go!!

Back