Star Wars Force Friday (Sep 4)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gives a bit further evidence that SS probably doesn't have the 1:6 figure license for TFA and HT does. Which to let SS do statues is the best since that's there bread and butter nowadays and they're great at it.

Gives a bit further evidence that SS probably doesn't have the 1:6 figure license for TFA

Not in the slightest. Especially since Sideshow reps have said multiple times they do have a license to make any of this stuff, figures and statues both, for all SW films, including TFA specifically.

Latest news from another forum is that SS "hopes" to have one PF up for preorder by December. I really don't get their marketing strategy: either they will or they won't, why is it only a hope? If they will, that should not be in doubt it should be well within their power to complete. Don't they plan these things to coincide with all the new movie hype. Just a weird way of doing business. Rant over.

Latest news from another forum is that SS "hopes" to have one PF up for preorder by December. I really don't get their marketing strategy: either they will or they won't, why is it only a hope? If they will, that should not be in doubt it should be well within their power to complete. Don't they plan these things to coincide with all the new movie hype. Just a weird way of doing business. Rant over.

I'm going to say it is because they work with artists. And to keep them happy, they don't give deadlines. Instead, they let artists step away and take a break or explore reworkings... Artists are artists. One might finish a sculpt, then dislike it or think he can do better, and scrap it for a new one entirely.

I'm going to say it is because they work with artists. And to keep them happy, they don't give deadlines. Instead, they let artists step away and take a break or explore reworkings... Artists are artists. One might finish a sculpt, then dislike it or think he can do better, and scrap it for a new one entirely.

With Disney calling the shots, I'd be surprised if SS wouldn't set deadlines for themselves, even if they aren't necessarily obliged to show something by a given date. Seems a little too much like a "Mickey Mouse" operation if SS simply allows their artists to decide when an item is ready or not (no pun intended).

Didn't Sideshow put up preorders for Captain America from the Winter Soldier just based on the artwork? Seems like they'd be able to at least do something like that to capitalize on the excitement for Star Wars.

With Disney calling the shots, I'd be surprised if SS wouldn't set deadlines for themselves, even if they aren't necessarily obliged to show something by a given date. Seems a little too much like a "Mickey Mouse" operation if SS simply allows their artists to decide when an item is ready or not (no pun intended).

Disney isn't the same I think. Everyone has this thing set in their mind that Disney sticks their hands in and effects all aspects of their business, when in fact multiple directors, such as James Gunn, JJ Abrahams, Russo Brothers, etc....

They've all said Disney is there giving them anything and everything they need. Only getting in the way when story is being sacrificed for substance, or rules made clear in their contracts were broken.

nothing in the 1/4 section this year.. pretty lame..

Back